• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Your Score: Tri-Lamb Material
65 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 56% Dork

*Points* Haha, you bunch of geeks.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
From the description, I can understand people being pride of their nerdness, and perhaps even their geekness, but is anyone proud to be a dork??

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
From the description, I can understand people being pride of their nerdness, and perhaps even their geekness, but is anyone proud to be a dork??

I know that the dork definition is not positive but I still find it funny (somewhat proud) when I say something and people shake their heads and say "you are such a dork". One of my favorite pictures in my office:

SPP0567.jpg

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Your dorkishness is a statement or choice then, rather than a shortcomming?

heart

heart on fire

Better to be a total dork than a total fashion clone. I respect the dorks of the world, they are usually happier. :)

February

MBTI Type
ME
I am a little geek,dork and nerd.
Maybe it's a new category, like Gerdork (Geek+ Nerd+Dork).:p
Come on people, there are so many dimensions in ourselves, aren't it?
:=)

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
43 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 69% Dork

Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Congratulations!

...lmao that's gold!!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
40 % Nerd, 83% Geek, 53% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Geek and Dork, earning you the title of: Computer Savant.

People confuse you with a Nerd all of the time. You aren't some genius, like some people have said, and didn't/don't really like school all that much (and you especially hated some of the social aspects, like getting mocked). It's just that you have some passions and interests that you're extremely into/good at, and this has placed you in circles with other social outcasts, some of whom are exceptionally bright.

The awesome thing about being where you are is that you get to hang out with an elite group (though you'd probably rather be alone, or with only the closest friends and family) and you can make quite a good career for yourself in your particular specialities. Common to this group are people who are highly into electronics/computers as that is where the money lies, today.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
56 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork

Pure nerd. Yeah.

Eye-In-TiPi

MBTI Type
INTP
Your Score: Pure Nerd
60 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 30% Dork

I knew I was a nerd. I'm not happy about the high level of dorkiness, though, and 8% sounds a bit high on geekiness. Still, adding up the numbers suggests that I'm 2% Cool. I guess that's enough. I never thought I was Teh Fonz.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I've answered "nerd" as my race on a few questionnaires.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you get it to show your score? It just took me to a signup screen. :huh:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
43 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 30% Dork

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

WTF NO.

I don't think this test was very well-constructed. most of the questions were focused on these 'normal' sort of 'geek' things. Anything outside of normal geekdom were completely ignored. Such as, there was nothing about if someone would know about all the weights of yarn and what all the fibers came from off the top of their head...

*goes back to knitting with a vengance*

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
Fun Test!

Modern, Cool Nerd
60% nerdiness, 65% geekosity, 43% dork points - Modern, Cool Nerd