• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 34% Dork

I was pretty sure I wasn't a geek, because I don't play video games, read comic books or watch Doctor Who. But I wasn't sure where I stood on the Nerd/Dork scale.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why is it the scores don't add up to a hundred?

60% Nerd, 17% each Geek and Dork.

I think it means I'm cool. :headphne:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Pure Nerd
56 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 13% Dork

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
52 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 39% Dork qualified me as "Pure Nerd". Can't say I feel too pleased about that... :(

I also got "Pure Nerd" and our Geek and Dork scores are the same. Nerd feels right because I read a lot and do research throughout the day, but I don't understand my high Dork score. I'm not geeky for the reasons FM mentioned, but I don't feel dorky either. I'm socially adept, dance, have lots of friends, etc. Is it because I prefer small groups to parties? Maybe Dork is related to being I.

Jae Rae

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Anyone else with Modern Cool Nerd (High Nerd, High Geek, Low Dork)

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your Score: Pure Nerd
69 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 26% Dork

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
95 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 34% Dork
Modern, Cool Nerd

95% Nerd, people. Jealous? :nerd:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Modern, Cool Nerd

95%??? You missed your senior prom because it conflicted with the Mathalympics, didn't you? And you didn't mind because the boy you wanted to go to the prom with was at the Mathalympics anyway.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Here I am.

Your Score: Pure Nerd
65 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 26% Dork

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Modern, Cool Nerd

And you got high Geek, too. Perhaps some questions count for both? So far I haven't seen anyone here score high on Geek and low on Nerd.

Jae Rae

ygolo

My termites win
95%??? You missed your senior prom because it conflicted with the Mathalympics, didn't you? And you didn't mind because the boy you wanted to go to the prom with was at the Mathalympics anyway.

It's the Math Olympiad. Get it Right. :glasses: :D

(ygolo Wishes he could be a Modern Cool Nerd)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
56 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 13% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

*How true*

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Oddly, neither my Supreme Nerdiness nor my INTPness (some would argue redundancy here) has extended to include aptitude, or even interest, in math. However, I do remember reading my Dorothy Parker anthology during the mandatory pep rallies.

It's the Math Olympiad. Get it Right. :glasses: :D

Yeah, get it right, jerk! :smile:

(ygolo Wishes he could be a Modern Cool Nerd)

It is a very exclusive club. Only the modernest, coolest, nerdiest nerds are invited to join. Perhaps you should watch more History Channel for fun?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It is a very exclusive club. Only the modernest, coolest, nerdiest nerds are invited to join. Perhaps you should watch more History Channel for fun?

OH YEA!!!

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
52 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 52% Dork

I'm a Nork! :shock:

It's bad enough to be one of the three, but to be two at the same time! Oh, the humanity! :cry:

I also got that whole trilamb thing.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your Score: Tri-Lamb Material
73 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 52% Dork

:doh: