• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
78 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 47% Dork. Must, spawn, more, overlords......

MBTI Type
ENTP
78 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 47% Dork
"pure nerd"

I don't think this test was very well-constructed. most of the questions were focused on these 'normal' sort of 'geek' things. Anything outside of normal geekdom were completely ignored. Such as, there was nothing about if someone would know about all the weights of yarn and what all the fibers came from off the top of their head...
so old ladies are geeks?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
52% nerd, 4% geek, 13% dork

I'm a pure nerd. Sweet!

mt1124997268.jpg

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Your Score: Outcast Genius
82 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 82% Dork

Good god, no wonder everyone hates me. XD

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 43% Dork

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Modern, Cool Nerd
78 % Nerd, 74% Geek, 48% Dork
Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Rats! Just missed out on making "outcasted genius"! I'm sorry, but I don't attend conventions. Those people are SCARY.

LOL there's a link to a BtVS quiz on the bottom. I will ace it as proof of my geekdom/dorkdom. *goes off to take it now*

*edit: Ugh, it wasn't even a Buffy trivia quiz. I already know that I'll be Willow. Or Giles.

**double edit: ^_- Tara.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Modern, Cool Nerd

52 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 39% Dork

For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

S

Sniffles

I must admit, upon reading the title of this thread, I immediately thought of that old SNL skit Geek, Dweeb, or Spazz.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 43% Dork
The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
Pure Geek

48 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 39% Dork

It's not that you're a school junkie, like the nerd, and you don't really stand out in a crowd, like the dork, you just have some interests that aren't quite mainstream. Perhaps it's anime, perhaps it's computers, perhaps it's bottlecaps, perhaps it's all of those and more. Your interests take you to events and gatherings that are filled with people you find unusual and beyond-the-pale, but you don't quite consider yourself "of that crowd." Instead, you consider yourself to be fairly normal.

Which, you are.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Joe Normal
26 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 26% Dork

*Pants all the nerds, sticks ‘kick me’ signs on the dorks backs and breaks all the geeks calculators*

Whatcha gonna do about it? huh? huh?

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Pure Nerd
78 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 26% Dork

Seems like everyone has their own definition of these words ;p

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Pure Nerd

70 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 48% Dork

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken this test before, but I don't think my nerd score was quite this high:

Modern, Cool Nerd
78 % Nerd, 74% Geek, 48% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.