• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Desirability Scale

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, this test has questions from the similarminds Big 5 test... they are legit rips of those questions actually (here is the link if anyone cares to see- http://similarminds.com/bigfive.html). So social desirability correlates to some Big 5 traits eh?

===============================================

Low Scorers (0-8)

If you scored in this range, you (a) answered most of the questions in a socially undesirable direction, but (b) answered them in a way more honest and true to real life than most people. There are a couple of interesting reasons why you may have answered in this way. One may be that you are very comfortable with who you are; you do not feel discomfort when other people view you as behaving in a socially undesirable way. A second explanation may be that you want to be seen by others as a social rebel, someone who is different. Perhaps, too, it's your way of holding a part of your personality out to others and daring them to reject it. If the first mentioned reason is also true, that you are comfortable with how and who you are, then a low level of social desirability may not cause you any trouble. If, however, answering in a rebellious manner does reflect some difficulties you have in getting along with others, then some of the suggestions listed for high scorers may also be useful for you.

=============================================

Oh wow, this is actually VERY spot on... every word! I am just trying to be honest.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
15 . . . hmmmm, woulda thought my score had been lower, but average score actually seems about right.

Average Scorers (9-19)
If you scored in this range, you are scoring as two out of three people do when taking the test. Scores here represent a combination of socially desirable and socially undesirable responses. Hopefully, this combination represents a balance for you in your day-to-day behavior. It may be helpful for you to look back over the questions and think about how your responses actually relate to your true behavior in those situations.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
31, i suppose this means i should be concerned..
of myself.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your score is 17.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose one other possibility is that I am really in asshole, and not really the nice guy I think of myself as.
Hahaha! I think you're awesome.

11 for me.

S

SingSmileShine

18. Huh. I wonder if other ENFPs have received a similar answer.