• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Desirability Scale

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

pesky sense of right and wrong keeps me socially acceptable... they didn't ask a single question about brain to mouth filters or matching socks :laugh:

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I can't say I'm surprised.

A

Anew Leaf

i am buying my own island as i type this.*

*i am sort of hoping that humanity will buy the island for me because of this score.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
14, though I really don't do most of what I do in order to be socially acceptable, but just because that's what I do.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Score - 18

Reading the "interpretations" makes me question psychologists even more then I actually do. Maybe I am in denial, but even though I answered and got 18, very few people in my life would say I actually care what others think of me...even down to someone telling me..."I wish you would care what others think of you more" :shrug:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
18 - yay *waves average Joe flag*

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
21, BS test.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

THANK GOD HONEST MEN STILL EXIST!!!

I applaud you Ygolo! :happy0065:

Sorry doods...*cough cough* the rest of you are liars *cough cough* :thelook:

PS. My score?

A whopping 5

Interpreting Your Score

Low Scorers (0-8)

If you scored in this range, you (a) answered most of the questions in a socially undesirable direction, but (b) answered them in a way more honest and true to real life than most people. There are a couple of interesting reasons why you may have answered in this way. One may be that you are very comfortable with who you are; you do not feel discomfort when other people view you as behaving in a socially undesirable way. A second explanation may be that you want to be seen by others as a social rebel, someone who is different. Perhaps, too, it's your way of holding a part of your personality out to others and daring them to reject it. If the first mentioned reason is also true, that you are comfortable with how and who you are, then a low level of social desirability may not cause you any trouble. If, however, answering in a rebellious manner does reflect some difficulties you have in getting along with others, then some of the suggestions listed for high scorers may also be useful for you.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

So honesty isn't socially desirable? What a surprise.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Seriously, I'm floored by some of the high scores on this test. You know who would score really high on such a test? A MASTER SOCIOPATH.

Yeah, chew on that.

:alttongue:

Or...are people really as "good" as they say you should be? :sick:

I'm having trouble digesting this one...

Most of the questions on the test only ask you how you FEEL or initially react to things, not the decisions you make, your moral reasoning, and how you act or treat others. To me, the questionnaire doesn't make sense. When people look at you and decide how well-adjusted you are (or aren't) and how "socially desirable" you are, they don't know your internal universe, they only see and judge you based on what you present to the world and how you act. The test didn't cover any of that.

Also, people are bastards and have bastardly instincts. That's nothing new. The whole point of civilization and civility is making ethical judgements about desired behavior and counteracting baser instincts through intense peer pressure. :alttongue: It's better to embrace and acknowledge the sucky knee jerk reactions you may have and work on them rather than say your modified behavior is your natural instinct. Cause the latter messes up your head game.

It's one thing to WANT to smack an obnoxious person because they won't STFU while you're trying to watch a movie. It's an entirely other thing to actually do it. Big difference.

Am I seriously being uncharitable towards my fellow wo/man and also forumers? Nah...I don't think so. :alttongue:

FWIW, with my bastardly score of 5, most people who know me IRL think I'm one of the most inoffensive, nonthreatening people they know. They think I'm friendly and even huggy and pretty sociable. Maybe I should act on my bastardly instincts more.

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
I got 2 as well. I think the two I got were I always try to practice what I preach and When I don’t know something I don’t mind at all admitting it.

It isn't that bad of a test. It throws your results back at you and asks you to self reflect. That is pretty unique for a test.

charisma

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
13 I didn't really like this one, but probably just because I didn't get much explanation for my results.
=[

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
THANK GOD HONEST MEN STILL EXIST!!!

I applaud you Ygolo! :happy0065:

Sorry doods...*cough cough* the rest of you are liars *cough cough* :thelook:

You calling me a liar? I'm sorry I'm not a genuine asshole. Just because I'm not mean, resentful, or vengeful doesn't mean I'm dishonest, nor does it mean I'm doing it out of social desirability.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You calling me a liar? I'm sorry I'm not a genuine asshole. Just because I'm not mean, resentful, or vengeful doesn't mean I'm dishonest, nor does it mean I'm doing it out of social desirability.

Are you trying to sell me a used car?* :thelook:

*You know I'm partially kidding, right?