First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Sure, that would be nice. But some people have consistently shown that they desire to continue down a path of destructive behaviour. Often, and very annoyingly, those people seem to get everything they want out of life. So I would be lying if I said it was not satisfying to see everything fall apart for them.

I do want people to see the light as well, and I do think people can change. But in so many cases (most?) - they really don't. They're too selfish. I have had many experiences and have witnessed many more at more of a distance to confirm this. If you hold out too much hope for people to change, you get hurt. Repeatedly. A bit of self-protection is not a bad thing.

The trouble with my latent desire for revenge is that it tends to cause me more pain than I would actually experience if I could let go a bit more. Or at least let go and watch "you reap what you sow"/karma/poetic justice do its thing.
    Well, I should let you know that I have never felt the feeling of wanting revenge, not even as a child. When I was bullied, I felt sorry for the bullies that they were even driven to that state of mind. I know these type of people won't change. I know they're "too selfish". But that doesn't stop me from caring about them. I want what's best for them.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Well, I should let you know that I have never felt the feeling of wanting revenge, not even as a child. When I was bullied, I felt sorry for the bullies that they were even driven to that state of mind. I know these type of people won't change. I know they're "too selfish". But that doesn't stop me from caring about them. I want what's best for them.
    I can honestly say that is impressive and I wish I was more like that. I aspire to it.

I'm pretty caring/wanting people to change/wanting what's best for them....up to a point. Then a switch flips and I just feel cold toward them and don't wish them well. Unless they come back and apologise and show that they've genuinely changed long-term but people very seldom do that.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I can honestly say that is impressive and I wish I was more like that. I aspire to it.
    Thank you!

I'm pretty caring/wanting people to change/wanting what's best for them....up to a point. Then a switch flips and I just feel cold toward them and don't wish them well. Unless they come back and apologise and show that they've genuinely changed long-term but people very seldom do that.
    Which is what makes it even more heartbreaking, for me, that a majority of them won't even get better. This is why I want to be a psychologist.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't relate with this at ALL.
    Same here. I take no pleasure in watching people screw up or suffer. I'm the person who cringes in sympathetic agony when watching other people embarrass themselves, while everyone else laughs hysterically.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Which is interesting. Lately I've actually been thinking on similar issues of 'social desirability'.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Same here. I take no pleasure in watching people screw up or suffer. I'm the person who cringes in sympathetic agony when watching other people embarrass themselves, while everyone else laughs hysterically.
    I'm totally the same way. I guess it's an IxFP thing. It makes me wonder how people think Fi is always a selfish function...

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My score is 18.

Not taking pleasure from other's suffering seems common to INFPs here. That's a nice thing to know. ^^
    And I think it relates to the other 2 INFPs I know in person. ^^

Which is what makes it even more heartbreaking, for me, that a majority of them won't even get better. This is why I want to be a psychologist.
    Heeeey! Another one who wants be a psychologist here!

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I scored 19 (average range) which is rather impressive since I don't put a whole lot of value on social desirability by these standards. =) I'm neither heartless or a doormat.. sounds about right =)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I got 11.....

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Most of the questions on the test only ask you how you FEEL or initially react to things, not the decisions you make, your moral reasoning, and how you act or treat others. To me, the questionnaire doesn't make sense.
    Yeah, some things I really just don't have some of the usual negative reactions that some people seem to have. It's not that I have superior moral reasoning/acting/control/whatever...

Like, if I don't like someone, why would that mean I want something bad to happen to them? I neither think or feel that way. It's better for good things to happen then bad things regardless, isn't it? It helps us all for that person to be improved upon rather than deteriorate and really turn nasty.

Also, even when I've had extreme rage moments, I do not feel the urge to damage people or things. I've screamed until my voice got hoarse, and intensely wanted to install a chip in their heads for them to stop being so stupid or aggressive, but I think I'm just not a physical enough person to connect my rage to my body and get violent.

But then I don't really dislike people either, except maybe ridiculously bad criminals, but even then I don't want bad things to happen to them, I just want them as far away from hurting another person as possible. If bad things happen to them at that island they are dropped off to, oh well...

Also, people are bastards and have bastardly instincts.
    I never understood this line of reasoning.

I don't think these base instincts and reactions say anything about either ethical mettle or 'social desirability'.
    True, I think the questionnaire is more about having a bias towards answering in a more socially desirable way, than actually getting at how socially desirable you are.

I'm totally the same way. I guess it's an IxFP thing. It makes me wonder how people think Fi is always a selfish function...
    I don't think it is, seems to me more like Fi is just as likely to be kind to everyone because it is simply "right", as it is to want to punish people who violate certain principles.

I don't really get you Fi'ers though, this striving for goodness.... I just think people are cool