User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I got 2 as well.

I think the two I got were I always try to practice what I preach and When I don’t know something I don’t mind at all admitting it.
    I also picked 'practice what I preach' and 'goes out of the way for others'. Even if sometimes it's a pain in the ass and I don't want to, I feel like I'm hardwired to offer to help. Sometimes I wonder how much of this is my own NF idiocy and how much it's been drilled into me that "good girls always offer to help". Then again, once at a party I offered to help clean up and the hostess, an IXFJ (I think INFJ) called me out and said "oh you're offering to help now that we're almost done cleaning up?" My response was partly 1) yeaaaaah for timing! and 2) well damn, let me retract that offer then and get back on the couch so I can finish up these nachos.

It isn't that bad of a test. It throws your results back at you and asks you to self reflect. That is pretty unique for a test.
    I have a different take because I didn't really self reflect after I got the answers.

I've taken a number of other tests like this. Even EHarmony asks questions like this on their initial diagnostic. It still surprises me when questions are asked "have you ever been happy at another's misfortune" or "are you sometimes glad when others fail" and "do you ever wish ill of others"? It just seems really obvious and natural to me that the answer is HELL YES so why even bother asking.

If you want to win that means others have to lose. When we relied on hunting, we had to kill animals. When resources are scarce, you fight others for it and the have nots are SOL. If I really dislike someone, obviously, I don't want GOOD things to happen to them. Yes, I experience intense moments of jealousy, that means that I have desires and hopes of my own that I want to fulfill and accompanying regrets. I don't think these base instincts and reactions say anything about either ethical mettle or 'social desirability'.

For whatever reason, perhaps I'm just really aware and comfortable with my 'baser instincts'. And yes, I seriously do think the great majority of people do react instinctively in a similar fashion. There's no judgement there. I think it's just human behavior and evolution. It's how you choose to act past that point that is the decisive factor. And yes, I can believe that there are some people in the minority who really do not react to things in such a bastardly fashion as myself.

Yes, good "good" people do exist. God bless ya. I don't know how you do it.

PS I take it back Wolfy, the test did make me think. Because the posted results in the thread are blowing my mind. Perhaps I am just truly more bastardly and base in my make-up than I thought. I will have to research new career options now...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

What I mean by self reflect is that it seems to be testing something other than what it says. It says it is testing social desirability but it is testing your desire to be socially desirable. So the test is designed to test something along the lines of what you are talking about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I've taken a number of other tests like this. Even EHarmony asks questions like this on their initial diagnostic. It still surprises me when questions are asked "have you ever been happy at another's misfortune" or "are you sometimes glad when others fail" and "do you ever wish ill of others"? It just seems really obvious and natural to me that the answer is HELL YES so why even bother asking.
    I don't relate with this at ALL.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I got 8, which surprised me a little, because of - you know - the Fe, and all

It kind of makes sense. I have a pretty easy time seeing my own failings and owning up to them honestly. What I have a much harder time with is when others point those failings out to me and criticize me...

I have many, many weaknesses and failings but I think I have self-awareness on my side, as well. I didn't even have to think twice about the questions along the lines of "have you ever wanted revenge" or "have you felt jealous of others", etc. Of course I have, who are you kidding? There are a few people out there who I'm probably never, ever going to wish well and who I'd be glad to see something bad happen to, as it would be quite satisfying and would be a nice example of poetic justice and evening of scores. I'm not proud of that, in fact I'm rather ashamed, especially as it goes against my beliefs...but it's a fact, and I have not yet found a way to really change it.

It is funny in a way, though, because I am generally perceived as being smooth, diplomatic, polite, gracious, forgiving...I mean seriously, people tell me these things quite regularly. I know the truth, though. In some ways I really am those things and am genuinely nice and kind. In other ways I've got a pretty dark, cold and vengeful side. What human being isn't made up of light and dark?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I don't relate with this at ALL.
    Gosh you INFPs can be gentle spirits. What is your Enneagram type?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I didn't even have to think twice about the questions along the lines of "have you ever wanted revenge" or "have you felt jealous of others", etc. Of course I have, who are you kidding? There are a few people out there who I'm probably never, ever going to wish well and who I'd be glad to see something bad happen to, as it would be quite satisfying and would be a nice example of poetic justice and evening of scores.
    Now see, I don't relate with this at all. If someone makes bad choices or is a bad person, I want them to "see the light," so to speak, not wish they continue with their destructive behavior.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Gosh you INFPs can be gentle spirits. What is your Enneagram type?
    6w7

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    GONE

6w7
    Really??

Dang, from your responses I was expecting more a 9 or a 1 or maybe a 1w2.

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Really??

Dang, from your responses I was expecting more a 9 or a 1 or maybe a 1w2.
    No, I'm far too anxious and worring to be a 9, and I am way too forgiving and accepting to be a 1.

Tatiana ♥

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Now see, I don't relate with this at all. If someone makes bad choices or is a bad person, I want them to "see the light," so to speak, not wish they continue with their destructive behavior.
    Sure, that would be nice. But some people have consistently shown that they desire to continue down a path of destructive behaviour. Often, and very annoyingly, those people seem to get everything they want out of life. So I would be lying if I said it was not satisfying to see everything fall apart for them.

I do want people to see the light as well, and I do think people can change. But in so many cases (most?) - they really don't. They're too selfish. I have had many experiences and have witnessed many more at more of a distance to confirm this. If you hold out too much hope for people to change, you get hurt. Repeatedly. A bit of self-protection is not a bad thing.

The trouble with my latent desire for revenge is that it tends to cause me more pain than I would actually experience if I could let go a bit more. Or at least let go and watch "you reap what you sow"/karma/poetic justice do its thing.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING