• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Explanatory Style test

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey guys! :happy2:

Here's something interesting to mentally chew at (yes, brain can chew, there's nothing weird about that!). I'll explain about its uses later so you guys don't go all biased and self prophecy fulfilling. but it's interesting, i swear. It's about how people relate to the good and bad things that happens to them.

Explanatory style test (Excel document)

There may be a better test out there but I didn't find a good free one. It's basically an excel document, when you fill all answer just click on the 'result' bar at the bottom of the document and it will give you results

I thought the 'optimism\pessimism\hope' was an interesting spin on it. I wanted a more value free test but havent found a free one

enjoy :)

ps: will post my results but right now must-eat-something-meaty

Explanation of the results: (after the test):

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
SCORING KEY

PmB: 1 PmG: 2
PvB: 2 PvG: 3
HoB: 3
PsB: 4 PsG: 5
Total B: 7
Total G: 10
G − B: 3

1)
PmB = Permanent Bad; How permanent/temporary you tend to think the causes of bad events are.

Very optimistic
PmG = Permanent Good; How permanent/temporary you tend to think the causes of good events are.
Very pessimistic

Permanence overall score:
I strongly believe the bad is only a passing thing but I am also very pessimistic about the good being lasting.

2)
PvB = Pervasiveness Bad; People who make universal/specific explanations for their failures.
Moderately Optimistic
PvG = Pervasiveness Good; People who make universal/specific explanations for good events.
Moderately Pessimistic

Pervasiveness overall score:
I tend to believe my failures just concern that one time and wouldn't apply to another try or other situations. I also tend to think that the good I do and my qualities are specific to my areas of expertize (so no universal ego boost for me)

3)
HoB = Hope (probably the single most important score from your test)

Moderately hopeful (more optimistic than pessimistic for the future)
4)
PsB = Personalization Bad; Blame ourself (internalize) or other people or circumstances (externalize).

average
I find about equal fault in myself as in others in a failure
PsG = Personalization Good; Good caused by ourself (internalize) or others (externalize).
average
I find about equal praise in myself as in others when I succeed/there is success.

sadly i'm a freak so I can't explain that much about the way this psychometric test works based on my own example

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, no warning at all that you provided a direct download link. Thanks!

Hey guys! :happy2:

Here's something interesting to mentally chew at (yes, brain can chew, there's nothing weird about that!). I'll explain about its uses later so you guys don't go all biased and self prophecy fulfilling. but it's interesting, i swear. It's about how people relate to the good and bad things that happens to them.

Explanatory style test

There may be a better test out there but I didn't find a free one yet. It's basically a document, when you fill all answer just click on the 'result' bar at the bottom of the document and it will give you results

enjoy :)

ps: will post my results but right now must-eat-something-meaty

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
they usually charge for this test and the free ones were frankly super shitty.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wow, no warning at all that you provided a direct download link. Thanks!
It's basically a document, when you fill all answer just click on the 'result' bar at the bottom of the document and it will give you results

Okey, maybe a bit ambiguous. 'll fix it. I'll find the test itself very interesting however even if it does not come in the usual 'prechewed' format

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks like a rationalization-style test.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
PmB = Permanent Bad; How permanent/temporary you tend to think the causes of bad events are.
PmB: 3 Moderately optimistic

PmG = Permanent Good; How permanent/temporary you tend to think the causes of good events are.
PmG: 2 Very pessimistic

PvB = Pervasiveness Bad; People who make universal/specific explanations for their failures.
PvB: 3 Moderately Optimistic

PvG = Pervasiveness Good; People who make universal/specific explanations for good events.
PvG: 4 Average

HoB = Hope (probably the single most important score from your test)
HoB: 6 Moderately hopeful

PsB = Personalization Bad; Blame ourself (internalize) or other people or circumstances (externalize).
PsB = 2 Moderately self-esteem

PsG = Personalization Good; Good caused by ourself (internalize) or others (externalize).
PsG: 4 Average

Total B = Total Bad
TB: 8 Moderately optimistic

Total G = Total Good
G: 10 Great pessimism

G-B = Overall score
G-B: 2 Moderately Pessimistic

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There seems to be a bug in it. I answered all the questions.

optimism.png

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

optimism.png
you tend to believe in a stable structure underlying how events will and do unfold (without going to the point of believing in destiny\fatalism, it is however a tendency from your permanence score)

Your pervasiveness scores imply you believe that the results will be different in different situations (failure or success in A doesn't mean (universality) success in other topics and situations)

i don't know about your personalization score. as you lack one score result. if it's 'average' basically you don't assume that what happens to you is a balance of you and your environment.

these preferences will lead to diverse outcomes whether one is optimistic or pessimistic. (it's rarely totally polarized of course)

ygolo

My termites win
pmB:1 "very optimistic"
pmG:5 "average"
pvB:1 "very optimistic"
pvG:1 "very pessimistic"
HoB:2 "extraordinarily hopeful"
psB:3 "moderately self-esteem"
psG:3 "moderately pessimistic"
Total B:5 "marvelously optimistic and you wont be needing the 'Changing' chapters"
Total G:9 "great pessimism"
Overall: 4 "average"

I must admit that years ago, I read one of Seligman's books "Authentic Happiness" where I took this test before. I don't remember how I scored then, but I was going through a pretty depressed episode.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trying to interpret results:

Basically, I was all kinds of levels of pessimistic on every category.
Except for: PMB- average
Hope: Average
PVB- moderately optimistic
personalization bad- very low self esteem (which I guess means blaming myself?)
Good/bad overall score was moderate pessimism.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day?

If I'm reading it right,
I internalize things, blame the bad on myself, don't notice the good as much, but everything seems situational and not permanent. I'm neither positive or negative about the future. Can't tell if I'm interpreting them correctly and getting confused with the "optimistic/pessimistic" language and whether optimistic means I scored more towards good, or optimistic means that I was optimistic on whatever answer I put. (Meaning, I'm optimistic that bad things pervade, or- I'm optimistic that they don't.) Same with pessimism.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's basically a document, when you fill all answer just click on the 'result' bar at the bottom of the document and it will give you results

Okey, maybe a bit ambiguous. 'll fix it. I'll find the test itself very interesting however even if it does not come in the usual 'prechewed' format

I answered all the questions but can't find a result bar at the bottom or anything resembling one.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, it did that to me too -- it was missing a score, and so I didn't get a G-B score either.

score-results.png

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I answered all the questions but can't find a result bar at the bottom or anything resembling one.

It's the second Excel tab at page bottom, it's not "in" the question page but is part of Excel.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's the second Excel tab at page bottom, it's not "in" the question page but is part of Excel.

I just reloaded the file and it worked for me this time.

PmB = 5 quite pessimistic
PvB = 2 moderately optimistic
PmG = 4 average
PvG = 4 average

HoB = 7 average
PsB = 2 moderate self-esteem
PsG = 2 very pessimistic

Total B = 9 moderately optimistic
Total G = 10 great pessimism

G-B = 1 moderately pessimistic

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
apparently I'm optimistic, have low self esteem and tend to make things that go bad all about me and good things are all about universal stuff... however, I'm extraordinarily hopeful! :)

it could try telling me something that I DON'T already know :doh:

*whatever could not figure out how to copy and paste*

G

garbage

Holy crap, a test that actually uses real-world examples!? Geez.

Holy crap, I didn't know that Excel could do this.

I got:
PmB: 3; moderately optimistic
PmG: 4; average
PvB: 5; moderately pessimistic
PvG: 3; moderately pessimistic
HoB: 8; average

PsB: 8; very low self-esteem
PsG: 0; very pessimistic
Total B: 16; crying out for change
Total G: 7; great pessimism
G - B = -9; very pessimistic

Seems right. I generalize bad things that happen to me into my character flaws, and I do not do the same with good things. I'm pretty hard on myself when I make mistakes. This is one of my known 'areas,' and this test was a neat way to look at it.

This was a good test.
[] The author does a good job making tests
[] The author happened to hit all the right areas in his analysis

ygolo

My termites win
Apparently, the lower the HoB score, the more "hopeful" we are.

I find it funny that I am as hopeful as whatever, and that there aren't droves of people more hopeful than me. But I suppose recovering from a depression makes one sensitive to the thought patterns that lead to it.

charisma

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Sweet test !
Was interesting
Love learning new things about the complexity of personalities and how there are so many different aspects to consider!