User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/so

Existing Situation:
    Needs warm companionship, but is intolerant of anything short of special consideration from those close to him. If this is not forthcoming is liable to shut himself away from them.
    Stress Sources:
    Physiological Interpretation:
    Stress resulting from the effort to conceal worry and anxiety under a cloak of self-reliance and unconcern.
    Psychological Interpretation:
    The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as he has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own and to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies his need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to his self-sufficiency because of the restraint he imposes on himself. Since he wants to demonstrate the unique quality of his own character, he tries to suppress this need for others, and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal his fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticise his behaviour with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference he really longs for the approval and esteem of others.
    In Brief:
    Disappointment leading to assumed indifference.
    Restrained Characteristics:
    Egocentric and therefore quick to take offence.
    Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no on to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offence.

Desired Objective:
    Seeks the determination and elasticity of will necessary to establish himself and to make himself independent despite the difficulties of his situation. Wants to overcome opposition and achieve recognition.
    Actual Problems:
    Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about his prospects. Reacts to this by protesting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence him. Tries to assert himself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen his position.
    Ambivalence(s):
    The colour choices do not suggest any particular ambivalences.
    Approach to Work:
    The colour choices do not suggest a particular approach to work.

Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 4
    Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 1

I bolded the parts that sound good. I'm not as concerned with approval as this sounds, but I do suppress a need for approval and a feeling that I am being blamed for things, by adopting an attitude of indifference. The relationship of disappointment/indifference describes me very well at this time in my life. I don't think my anxiety is this high.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Existing Situation:
    Volatile and outgoing. Needs to feel that events are developing along desired lines, otherwise irritation can lead to changeability or superficial activities.
    Stress Sources:
    Suppression of the physical and nervous requirements of the body.
    The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the rank and file. His control of his sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another. This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition and the esteem of others.
    In Brief:
    Demands esteem as an exceptional individual.
    Believes that he is not receiving his share - that he is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement.
    Circumstances are forcing him to compromise, to restrain his demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things he wants.
    Desired Objective:
    Takes easily and quickly to anything which provides stimulation. Preoccupied with things of an intensely exciting nature, whether erotically stimulating or otherwise. Wants to be regarded as an exciting and interesting personality with an altogether charming and impressive influence on others. Uses tactics cleverly so as to avoid endangering his chances of success or undermining others' confidence in himself.
    Actual Problems:
    Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. Tries to emulate the characteristics he admires and to display originality in his own personality.
    Ambivalence(s):
    Approach to Work:

garbage

taking every test put in front of me

These colors are mostly terrible. They're, like, aped from the old EGA palette or something.

My stuff:
    Existing Situation:
    Unable to exert the effort to achieve his objectives. Feels neglected, desiring greater security, warm affection and fewer problems. (The Desired Objective, below, is an attempt to compensate for this and other conflicts.)
    Stress Sources:
    Stress resulting from frustration in his attempts to achieve security and understanding.
    Is responsive to outside stimuli and wants to experience everything intensely, but is finding the existing situation extremely frustrating. Needs sympathetic understanding and a sense of security. Distressed by his apparent powerlessness to achieve his goals.
    In Brief:
    Frustrated empathy.
    Exacting in his emotional demands, especially during moments of intimacy, leaving him frustrated in his desire for a perfect union.
    Desired Objective:
    Wants to prove to himself and others that nothing can affect him, that he is superior to any form of weakness. As a result, he acts with harshness or severity and adopts an autocratic and self-willed attitude.

Actual Problems:
    Works to strengthen his position and bolster his self-esteem by examining his own accomplishments (and those of others) with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things clear-cut and unequivocal.

Ambivalence(s):
    Approach to Work:
    Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 3 .
    Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 3 .

The bolded fits, but I'm the exact opposite of the rest.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Existing Situation:

Avoids excessive effort and needs roots, security and peaceful companionship. May be physically unwell, in need of gentle handling and considerate treatment.

Disappointment has led to a suspicious, restrained withdrawal from others and into himself.

Suppresses his innate enthusiasm and imaginative nature, for fear that he might be carried away by it only to find himself pursuing some will-o'-the-wisp. Feels he has been misled and abused and has withdrawn to hold himself cautiously aloof from others. Keeps a careful and critical watch to see whether motives towards him are sincere - a watchfulness which easily develops into suspicion and distrust.

In Brief:

"Once bitten, twice shy"; emotional disappointment leading to watchful mistrust of motive.

Circumstances are restrictive and hampering, forcing him to forgo all joys and pleasures for the time being.

Desired Objective:

Feels the existing circumstances are hostile and is exhausted by conflict and quarrelling. Wishes to protect himself and hides his intentions to avoid exposing them to attack, so that they will be safer and easier to achieve. Careful to avoid stirring up any opposition which might endanger his plans.

Actual Problems:

Needs to protect himself against his tendency to be too trusting, as he finds it is liable to be misunderstood or exploited by others. As a result, he adopts a critical and standoffish attitude, being willing to participate only where he can be assured of sincerity and trustworthiness.

Ambivalence(s):

Has an ambivalent attitude varying between the desire for uncritical companionship and disdain of others for their lack of taste and understanding.

Approach to Work:

Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 4 .
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

"Existing Situation:
    Works well in co-operation with others. Needs a personal life of mutual understanding and freedom from discord."
    i guess... the needs mutual understanding part I can relate to i guess.

"Stress Sources:
    Stress resulting from the effort to conceal worry and anxiety under a cloak of self-reliance and unconcern."
    not too far off.

"Psychological Interpretation:
    The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as he has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own and to stand out from the rank and file."
    0.0 it knows

"This sense of isolation magnifies his need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to his self-sufficiency because of the restraint he imposes on himself."
    ...?

"Since he wants to demonstrate the unique quality of his own character, he tries to suppress this need for others, and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal his fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticise his behaviour with contempt."
    ok, not bad

"However, beneath this assumption of indifference he really longs for the approval and esteem of others."
    not bad...

"Restrained Characteristics:
    Feels he is receiving less than his share, but that he will have to conform and make the best of his situation. "
    meh. not really.

"Feels that he is receiving less than his share and that there is no one on whom he can rely for sympathy and understanding."
    YES

"Pent-up emotions make him quick to take offence, but he realises that he has to make the best of things as they are."
    I always try to make the best of things, not sure about the easy to take offense thing though. if anything, its more like silent resentment for a few minutes till I find something else to think about (not that long at all)

"Desired Objective:
    Considers the existing circumstances disagreeable and over-demanding. Refuses to allow anything to influence his point of view."
    lawl no

"Actual Problems:
    Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety, emptiness and an unadmitted self-contempt, His refusal to admit this leads to his adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude."
    nope

"Ambivalence(s):
    The colour choices do not suggest any particular ambivalences."
    ok then

"Approach to Work:
    The colour choices do not suggest a particular approach to work."

"Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 3 ."
    probably not far off

"Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 3 ."
    i guess, if the test says so.

in a nutshell

this test had like 3 statements that made it look like it read my mind, but those 3 statements were floating around in a sea of bullc**p, leading me to believe that this test is s**t
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

SingSmileShine

Existing Situation:
    Readily participates in things affording excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.
    Stress Sources:
    Suppression of the physical and nervous requirements of the body.
    The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the rank and file. His control of his sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another. This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition and the esteem of others.
    In Brief:
    Demands esteem as an exceptional individual.
    Insists that his goals are realistic and sticks obstinately to them, even though circumstances are forcing him to compromise. Very exacting in the standards he applies to his choice of a partner.
    An unadmitted lack of confidence makes him careful to void open conflict and he feels he must make the best of things as they are.
    Desired Objective:
    Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which he can blend. Responsive to anything aesthetic and tasteful.
    Actual Problems:
    Wants to be valued and respected and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.
    Ambivalence(s):
    Approach to Work:
    Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 1 .
    Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 0 .

As an enneagram 3, I relate to much of this. Only thing is that I'm a very obsessive-compulsive and anxious person, so the 1 and 0 surprised me!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Very interesting, esp in the sense that I'm under a great deal of pressure and am living in a "hostile" environment with no sign of letting up. Also, I tend to be very monastic until something/someone catches my attention. I think that was picked up on in the results, perhaps?

Existing Situation:
    Trying to improve his position and prestige. Dissatisfied with his existing circumstances and considers some improvement essential to his self-esteem.

Stress Sources:

Tension arising from nervous prostration or from sexual stress, due to excessive self-restraint.

Feels unappreciated and find the existing situation disagreeable. Wants personal recognition and the esteem of others to compensate of the lack of like-minded people with whom to ally himself and make himself more secure. His sensual self-restraint make it difficult for him to give himself, but the resulting isolation lead to the urge to surrender and merge with another. This disturbs him as he regards such instincts as weaknesses to be overcome only by not succumbing to them, he feels, can he withstand the difficulties of the situation. Wants to be valued as a desirable associate and admired for his personal qualities. (Another eNFJ trait, underlined)

In Brief:
    Insecurity arising from lack of allies. (WHY WON'T YOU BE MY FRIEND?!)

Emotionally inhibited. Feels forced to compromise, making it difficult for him to form a stable emotional attachment.
    Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Desired Objective:
    Wants to make a favourable impression and be regarded as a special personality. Is therefore constantly on the watch to see whether he is succeeding in this and how others are reacting to him; this makes him feel that he is in control. Uses tactics cleverly in order to obtain influence and special recognition. Susceptible to the aesthetic and original. (Or this could just be the type 4 eNFJ modus operandi operating without consciousness?...)

Actual Problems:
    Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. Tries to emulate the characteristics he admires and to display originality in his own personality.

Ambivalence(s):

Approach to Work:

Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 2 .

Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 0 .
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Wow. Especially the underlined ones are so true (see my new avatar and avi catchphrase )

Existing Situation:

Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar or coarse.

Stress Sources:

Pronounced susceptibility to outside stimuli.

Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and bridge the gap which he feels separates him from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities and to live it to the full. He therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on him and insists on being free and unhampered.

In Brief:

Expectant self-determination.

Believes that he is not receiving his share - that he is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without nay sense of emotional involvement.

Desired Objective:

Seeks success, stimulation and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand his fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Actual Problems:

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

Ambivalence(s):

Approach to Work:

Anxiety, on a scale of 0 (lowest) to 6 (highest): 1 .
    Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 1 .

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I relate to the bolded, but most of it is too 3-ish; I legitimately don't care that much about my status relative to that of other people.
    Existing Situation:
    Defensive. Feels his position is threatened or inadequately established. Determined to pursue his objectives despite the anxiety induced by opposition.

Stress Sources:
    Stress resulting from the effort to conceal worry and anxiety under a cloak of self-reliance and unconcern. (I relate a LOT to this)

The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as he has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to his self-sufficiency because of the restraint he normally imposes on himself. Since he wants to demonstrate the unique quality of his own character, he tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal his fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticise his behaviour with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference he really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

In Brief:
    Disappointment leading to assumed indifference.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no on to turn to or rely on. (I kind of halfway relate.) Egocentric and therefore quick to take offence.

Desired Objective:
    Urgently in need of rest, relaxation, peace and affectionate understanding. Feels he has been treated with a lack of consideration and is upset and agitated as a result. Regards his situation as intolerable as long as his requirements are not complied with.

Actual Problems:
    Wants to be valued and respected and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

Ambivalence(s):

Approach to Work:

Compulsiveness of compensations (from 0 to 6): 2 .
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!