User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 46

  1. #31
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The ENFP is, by far, the most indecisive of all the mbti's.
    Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. Because, you see,


    Hah, I slay myself.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. Because, you see,


    Hah, I slay myself.
    All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #33
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.
    No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.


  4. #34
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.

    6w5.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #35
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The ENFP is, by far, the most indecisive of all the mbti's.
    may be true. i'm e6, too, which doesn't really help things.

    still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

    i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

    i am not complaining, just curious. i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    may be true. i'm e6, too, which doesn't really help things.

    still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

    i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

    i am not complaining, just curious. i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.
    This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #37
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.
    ah, okay! thanks. bothers me, i want to know

  8. #38
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    6w5.
    Thank you. I figured your statement was a test

    But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    may be true. i'm e6, too, which doesn't really help things.


    still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

    i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

    i am not complaining, just curious. i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.
    The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Thank you. I figured your statement was a test

    But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.
    I don't know about clinginess as a core trait, just loyalty, whether to a group or an idea. The 6w5 is however the more self-reliant wing.

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post



    The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.
    From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.

    Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.
    interesting. but i wonder how much that is encouraged by people who are bosses, you know? like, if i were on the top, of course i would want to encourage a system that says not everyone can be on top...

    more seriously, i think it's an odd idea that there are certain people who are cut out for leadership and others are not. i think that certain people are much better at leadership in certain areas, and others are better at others. and of course individual desire to lead varies. but i think it's funny in particular because an ISTJ woman i work with is soooo very adamant that she never wants to be a leader, but she actually is the one who keeps everyone on task! she doesn't want to be official management, but she's completely delusional if she thinks she's not a leader-type.

    Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.
    the MBTI does not explain behavior... that is a major misconception, and hartman is very misinformed if he is saying that. the MBTI is a cognitive preference indicator alone, nothing more.

Similar Threads

  1. The Harvard Color Personality Test: Highly Accurate!
    By Norexan in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 11:43 AM
  2. Color Code personality test
    By themightyfetus in forum Other Personality Systems
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-31-2017, 04:57 PM
  3. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  4. The brutally honest personality test
    By Sahara in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
  5. Programmer Personality Test
    By ygolo in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO