User Tag List

First 2345 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The ENFP is, by far, the most indecisive of all the mbti's.
    Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. Because, you see,

Hah, I slay myself.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. Because, you see,

Hah, I slay myself.
    All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.
    No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.

6w5.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The ENFP is, by far, the most indecisive of all the mbti's.
    may be true. i'm e6, too, which doesn't really help things.

still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

i am not complaining, just curious. i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

i am not complaining, just curious. i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.
    This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.
    ah, okay! thanks. bothers me, i want to know

garbage

6w5.
    Thank you. I figured your statement was a test

But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Thank you. I figured your statement was a test

But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.
    I don't know about clinginess as a core trait, just loyalty, whether to a group or an idea. The 6w5 is however the more self-reliant wing.

The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.
    From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.

Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.
    interesting. but i wonder how much that is encouraged by people who are bosses, you know? like, if i were on the top, of course i would want to encourage a system that says not everyone can be on top...

more seriously, i think it's an odd idea that there are certain people who are cut out for leadership and others are not. i think that certain people are much better at leadership in certain areas, and others are better at others. and of course individual desire to lead varies. but i think it's funny in particular because an ISTJ woman i work with is soooo very adamant that she never wants to be a leader, but she actually is the one who keeps everyone on task! she doesn't want to be official management, but she's completely delusional if she thinks she's not a leader-type.

Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.
    the MBTI does not explain behavior... that is a major misconception, and hartman is very misinformed if he is saying that. the MBTI is a cognitive preference indicator alone, nothing more.