• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hartman Color Code Personality Test

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blue 19
White 12
Yellow 8
Red 5

Accurate for me.

My Holland Codes are comprised of "opposites."
My Synthesist-Realist result is comprised of "opposites."

It's amusing there are those who actually think there are either "big picture people" or "detail-oriented people," as if they both don't exist within the same person.

A zoom lens is a lens that can have its focal length continuously change without losing its focus -just like the human visual system. We can easily be both detail-oriented and visionary. Zoom in and zoom out.

From an online career site:

Candidates interested must possess the following skill sets and knowledge:

Welcome to the real world. We exist.

Excellent point made.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's amusing there are those who actually think there are either "big picture people" or "detail-oriented people," as if they both don't exist within the same person.

A zoom lens is a lens that can have its focal length continuously change without losing its focus -just like the human visual system. We can easily be both detail-oriented and visionary. Zoom in and zoom out.

From an online career site:

Candidates interested must possess the following skill sets and knowledge:

Passionate self-starter who can be both visionary and detail-oriented

Welcome to the real world. We exist.

I think it's a good general point to make. No one is just one or the other, they're a mix of both to some degree.

However, I interpret the statement as suggesting other things:

- People have a preference for once or the other, and tend to be naturally better at one or the other.

- A person can be both visionary and detail-oriented but typically mentally are bouncing between both -- or alternately doing that so fast it looks simultaneous but is not. When I look at the world through my LASIK-improved vision (so that details are very clear to me, I think my vision is 20/15 in at least one of my eyes), perhaps my brains is picking up the entire panorama in clear detail, but conscously I am focused in looking either at the overall impression of the landscape or examining a particular detail of it. I cannot do both simultaneously with my conscious brain -- I'm automatically zeroing in on one impression or the other. If I do see details in my "big picture" sense, they are not contributing to the qualities of a particular detail, they are contributing to my sense of the big picture, and if the details become too pronounced, it interferes with the big-picture image. (Like of like how an asperger's person might get caught up on details and lose track of the overall impression.)

So typically, when they hire for "mr. visionary" who also is "detail-oriented," they are expecting a candidate who can possess and convey a vision for others to follow, and then work it through to completion. He is not required to do both simultaneously, he just has to be able to handle all aspects of the project. And he is not required to be a natural in both, he merely has to have developed any weakness in either area so that he can perform competently.

Which is very different from discussing natural aptitude.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Red - 10
Blue - 5
White - 8
Yellow - 21

:banana2:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a = 14 red
b = 11 blue
c = 11 white
d = 6 yellow

I found the options difficult to choose from in the beginning of the test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Red- 4
Blue- 5
White- 25
Yellow- 8

But what does it all meeeean??

Motivated by Peace, Whites will do anything to avoid confrontation. Their only demands from life are the things that make them feel comfortable. That feeling fosters their need to feel good inside.
White Strengths Whites are kind, considerate, patient and accepting. They are virtually devoid of ego. They are good at constructing thoughts that did not exist before, just from careful listening and taking time to think things through.
White Limitations Whites don’t commonly share what they are feeling, understanding or seeing. They won't express conflict. Whites may be unwilling to set goals. They dislike working at someone else’s pace. They can be very self-deprecating.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
White 10
Blue 6
Yellow 6
Red 0

interesting.

i'm not really sure how much i like the divisions. they don't really seem to be based on anything besides arbitrary splitting.

after reading this:

colorcode.com said:
RED (Motive: POWER)—These are the power wielders. Power: the ability to move from point A to point B and get things done, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of vision and leadership and generally are responsible, decisive, proactive and assertive. 

BLUE (Motive: INTIMACY)—These are the do-gooders. Intimacy: connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of quality and service and are generally loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.

WHITE (Motive: PEACE)—These are the peacekeepers. Peace: the ability to stay calm and balanced even in the midst of conflict, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of clarity and tolerance and are generally kind, adaptable, and good-listeners.

YELLOW (Motive: FUN)—These are the fun lovers. Fun: the joy of living life “in the moment”, is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of enthusiasm and optimism and are generally charismatic, spontaneous, and sociable.

i think i am more likely a blue.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
White 10
Blue 6
Yellow 6
Red 0

interesting.

i'm not really sure how much i like the divisions. they don't really seem to be based on anything besides arbitrary splitting.

The divisions are based on motives: power, intimacy, peace, and fun.

There are always dangers in creating these divisions. Too few, and it doesn't encompass enough personality traits. Too many, and the divisions begin to look alike. But at least with too few the divisions can't be confused with each other.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. Because, you see,

Hah, I slay myself.

All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.

G

garbage

All you need to do is find someone to make all the decisions for you.
No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.

:)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No dice, at least for me. I am the arbiter of my own destiny, and I prefer to be self-sufficient and in control of all decisions that affect me. If I am indecisive, and if it negatively affects my life, then that is a trait that I must resolve or work around.

:)

6w5.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ENFP is, by far, the most indecisive of all the mbti's. :D

may be true. i'm e6, too, which doesn't really help things.

still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

i am not complaining, just curious. :shrug: i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

still, i don't think white fits me very well, even though it was my test result. i am too passionate and willing to cause a stir. and i am not particularly calm.

i also think the divisions seem odd. blue seems quite complex compared to the others. i would be curious to know the reasoning behind the chosen motivations.

i am not complaining, just curious. :shrug: i don't see the point of a test that is not balanced or meaningful.

This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This has been asked - irl, believe it or not. And it is thought that the basis for the divisions comes from some unknown corporate personality test or system.

ah, okay! thanks. bothers me, i want to know :laugh:

G

garbage

Thank you. I figured your statement was a test :wink:

But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.

:hifive:

The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. I figured your statement was a test :wink:

But, man, all of this stuff about 6's being clingy and reliant upon others never sat well with me--it's often perceived as a core trait of the type, when it really does not have to be.

I don't know about clinginess as a core trait, just loyalty, whether to a group or an idea. The 6w5 is however the more self-reliant wing.

:hifive:

The divisions do seem odd to me, too. There's one task-oriented type, and the rest seem to be focused on people and relationships. Yellow, in particular, seems like a type that's even more shallow than the Sanguine, yet focused enough for it to be difficult to identify with. Maybe there are reasons for the divisions.. not sure what they are.

From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.

Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From personal experience I would expect there to be only one task-oriented type. It's not just that we can't all be bosses, this situation is represented in other systems such as the Ansir which was based on interviews. A relatively small proportion of humanity is cut out to be a boss, the vast majority are worker bees.

interesting. but i wonder how much that is encouraged by people who are bosses, you know? :laugh: like, if i were on the top, of course i would want to encourage a system that says not everyone can be on top...

more seriously, i think it's an odd idea that there are certain people who are cut out for leadership and others are not. i think that certain people are much better at leadership in certain areas, and others are better at others. and of course individual desire to lead varies. but i think it's funny in particular because an ISTJ woman i work with is soooo very adamant that she never wants to be a leader, but she actually is the one who keeps everyone on task! she doesn't want to be official management, but she's completely delusional if she thinks she's not a leader-type.

Hartman thinks to have distinguished his personality system as being concerned with motivations or drives, whereas the MBTI uses a formula to explain behavior. The Enneagram however has Basic Fears and Basic Desires as well as Secondary Fears and Secondary Desires.

the MBTI does not explain behavior... that is a major misconception, and hartman is very misinformed if he is saying that. the MBTI is a cognitive preference indicator alone, nothing more.