• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathizer or systemizer?

TweedleDee

I am a hardcore systemizer (SQ= 66, EQ=22).

Empathizing quotient: http://personality-testing.info/tests/EQ.php

Systemzing quotient: http://personality-testing.info/tests/SQ.php

How about you all?

From Wikipedia:

The empathizing–systemizing (E-S) theory classifies people on the basis of their scores along two dimensions: empathizing (E) and systemizing (S). It measures a person's strength of interest in empathy (defined as the drive to identify a person's thoughts and feelings and to respond to these with an appropriate emotion); and a person's strength of interest in systems (defined as the drive to analyse or construct a system). A system in turn is defined as anything that follows rules, key classes of systems including mechanical systems, natural systems, abstract systems, and collectible systems. Rules in turn are defined as repeating, lawful patterns.

redacted

Your emotional quotient is 71 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a very high ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your systemizing quotient is 49 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

Eh. I would like these results more if they used "preference" instead of "ability". That being said, I still think I'm much more of a systemizer than my results suggest. Maybe since I'm also a strong empathizer, I just don't have the processing power to systematize everything that crosses my path. I do systematize everything I think about; maybe I just think about fewer things.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Your systemizing quotient is 44 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

fuck you, just because I don't like reading instructions and I don't have asperger's syndrome, doesn't mean I don't like science.

Your emotional quotient is 41 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

fuck you, just because I don't feel sad during movies doesn't mean I'm not empathetic

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your systemizing quotient is 11 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

Your emotional quotient is 26 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately".

Wow, harsh.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
52 Emotional Quotient
Average score - I'm good at some things and not good at others, so I guess average makes sense there.

21 Systemizing Quotient
"lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system"
Ability is a very poor choice of words, its apathy toward details, not ability. :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Empathizing: 39, average ability

Systematizing: 31, below-average ability. :shock:
Alot of those questions seemed to be about details I just don't care about.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
This test sucks.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your emotional quotient is 20 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately".

Your systemizing quotient is 19 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

More empathetic than systemizing this time? What has happened to me? :shocking:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, my SQ is low because I prefer to see movies with friends? Yeah, sucky test.

Your emotional quotient is 38 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your systemizing quotient is 26 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system".

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I couldn't finish this thing. The questions are too vauge to be answered clearly.

Silveresque

Your emotional quotient is 42 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Your systemizing quotient is 31 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have a lower than average ability for analysing and exploring a system". :shock: (This should be way higher...I just don't care that much about little details and how things are built. I think engineers are about the only people who would score really high on this.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your emotional quotient is 37 (out of 80). Baron-Cohen (2003) suggests that this means "you have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity".

Hmm.. I answered "Yes" on the reading people but "no" on the acting on it in general. It's not healthy to get involved with your friends problems......

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That tests is very oriented toward S world views. Not that there's anything wrongwith it but I do not think that say, acting cliché is proof of actually understanding one's social surrounding or that over estimating one's ability to read others speaks very highly about one's social intelligence. Basically a person with the emotional depth of a trained lab rat could test 10 or 70, it's not a test it's an assessment for the solipsistic.

Also alot of questions were like 'do you often think of x in a given situation'. So if I thought about it 10 years ago but then I went on to do other things with my brains it means I regressed on that scale according to the assessment ? I mean I'm fine with that but there's just too many holes and 'bugs' in that test. My mind was screaming at all the logical inconsistencies and ways in which the test is clearly biaised toward specific world views rather than the capacities they profess to be testing for.