• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test how open-minded you are

A

Anew Leaf

52%

Apparently there is a giant range of being just right on open-mindedness. :dry:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
60%.

Given the nature of the questions/definition of openness in this, I'm not off-the-charts open, and that's fine by me. :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
68%

You are a very open minded person, but you're also well grounded.
Tolerant and flexible, you appreciate most lifestyles and viewpoints.
But you also know where you stand firm, and you can draw that line.
You're open to considering every possibility - but in the end, you stand true to yourself.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
60%.

Given the nature of the questions/definition of openness in this, I'm not off-the-charts open, and that's fine by me. :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvMb90hem8"]if every opinion was equally valid...[/YOUTUBE]

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You Are 88% Open Minded

OH!

You are so open minded that your brain may have fallen out!
Well, not really. But you may be confused on where you stand.
You don't have a judgmental bone in your body, and you're very accepting.
You enjoy the best of every life philosophy, even if you sometimes contradict yourself.

Umm, sounds fairly correct though i think i could have gone either way with a couple of the answers...mebbe 75% would have been better.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You Are 88% Open Minded

OH!

You are so open minded that your brain may have fallen out!
Well, not really. But you may be confused on where you stand.
You don't have a judgmental bone in your body, and you're very accepting.
You enjoy the best of every life philosophy, even if you sometimes contradict yourself.

Umm, sounds fairly correct though i think i could have gone either way with a couple of the answers...mebbe 75% would have been better.
I can accept you either way. < 40% though and we might have a problem.

mikamickmac

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm 72% open-minded

You're open to considering every possibility - but in the end, you stand true to yourself.

Matt_s

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
32%. I disapprove of public nudity, as well as playing cards and dancing.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
52%

Apparently there is a giant range of being just right on open-mindedness. :dry:

They are open minded about open mindedness.....

I got 68 percent.

"stood firm" on public nudity, illegal drugs (except for weed), options other than monogamy, races I wouldn't consider dating, everyone is not bisexual, and my lover is not allowed to cheat on me and be reconsidered. And I'm doubtful about aliens.

Everything else is kosher though.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
64%
That 'any kind of food' question made me wonder ... Can anything that a) you can put in your mouth and b) pass your digestive system without any harm be considered food?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
64%
That 'any kind of food' question made me wonder ... Can anything that a) you can put in your mouth and b) pass your digestive system without any harm be considered food?

Good question.... because if that is the case, I do have one or two obvious exceptions :thelook:

clandestine

"You could be convinced to change your mind on an important ethnical issue - like abortion or war."

This question annoys me, because depending on your current stance changing your mind about an ethical issue might mean closing yourself off from an idea, or opening. In regards to something like abortion, changing ones mind from "yes everyone should have a choice" to "actually no, abortion should be illegal" would be a move towards more closed-mindedness, and changing one's mind from "abortion should be illegal" to "no, everyone has a right to an abortion" would be a step towards opening your mind.
Perhaps it is basically to see if you are capable of changing your mind, in which case the question should remove the last 4 words. and maybe even remove the word ethical.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"You could be convinced to change your mind on an important ethnical issue - like abortion or war."
This question annoys me, because depending on your current stance changing your mind about an ethical issue might mean closing yourself off from an idea, or opening. In regards to something like abortion, changing ones mind from "yes everyone should have a choice" to "actually no, abortion should be illegal" would be a move towards more closed-mindedness, and changing one's mind from "abortion should be illegal" to "no, everyone has a right to an abortion" would be a step towards opening your mind.
Perhaps it is basically to see if you are capable of changing your mind, in which case the question should remove the last 4 words. and maybe even remove the word ethical.

I had a little difficulty with this one too, since a lot of issues of that nature I don't have a firm stand on in the first place, so to change my mind would be to have a firmer stand on them and that is sort of like being more closed minded :laugh: But I don't quite understand how being pro-life is an inherently more closed-minded position. Being open-minded doesn't necessarily mean believing in more freedom.

I can accept you either way. < 40% though and we might have a problem.

I think the last thing on this test should've instead been "You would be accepting of someone whose percentage on this differs more than 30% from you." I would probably still mark the bubble but it would be really difficult if it was someone who got a 0% because I would be afraid that they want to hurt me :laugh:

clandestine

I had a little difficulty with this one too, since a lot of issues of that nature I don't have a firm stand on in the first place, so to change my mind would be to have a firmer stand on them and that is sort of like being more closed minded :laugh: But I don't quite understand how being pro-life is an inherently more closed-minded position. Being open-minded doesn't necessarily mean believing in more freedom.

Pro life isn't inherently more closed-minded, and I don't think pro-life is a closed-minded position, but promoting pro-life ALONE whilst abominating abortion is still only open to 1 side of the story. I think choice reflects openness more than restriction. Being able to choose to abort or not is as open as you can get on the stance of abortion.
I guess I didn't make that clear to begin with:blush:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This test was ridiculous.

You Are 68% Open Minded

[12/30]

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pro life isn't inherently more closed-minded, and I don't think pro-life is a closed-minded position, but promoting pro-life ALONE whilst abominating abortion is still only open to 1 side of the story. I think choice reflects openness more than restriction. Being able to choose to abort or not is as open as you can get on the stance of abortion.
I guess I didn't make that clear to begin with:blush:

Yeah, I sort of buy what you are saying here, but also if you take it the other way, promoting pro-choice alone whilst abominating differing views towards the worth of that little bundle of cells is also one side of the story. Sure, the position of choice is sort of a position of openness, but is this necessarily more open-minded? I'll have to consider this some more..

clandestine

Yeah, I sort of buy what you are saying here, but also if you take it the other way, promoting pro-choice alone whilst abominating differing views towards the worth of that little bundle of cells is also one side of the story. Sure, the position of choice is sort of a position of openness, but is this necessarily more open-minded? I'll have to consider this some more..

I think I see where you're coming from.. maybe not entirely. I would like to know what else you think.
I'm considering that killing a mind is pretty much an act of closing the mind.
I want to make it clear than whilst I think pro-life is an extremely important and admirable stance, it typically comes across as being promoted quite forcefully in a closed minded manner, whilst pro choice is inherently all encompassing. Pro-life and pro-choice are the 2 opposing voices in the ethical argument of abortion, so in changing one's mind from 1 to the other on the matter it can be assumed that there is a generally more closed minded approach to be asserted. Answering the question: "You could be convinced to change your mind on an important ethnical issue - like abortion or war." doesn't result in a a clear or applicable answer.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are 60% open minded

I expected my percentage to be higher.