• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New MBTI test (that'll soon be old, thus leaving an anachronistic title behind)

PerN has a new one, it's still in beta as of now but you can take it here if you want.

I did and it told me I was an ISFP.

diFoM.png

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was expecting more atypical questions...

get_image_result.php

Mole

Permabanned
PerN has a new one, it's still in beta as of now but you can take it if you want.

I did and it told me I was an ISFP.

I wonder, is it a valid and reliable personality test?

And I wonder, why it is not being applied and interpreted by a qualified psychometrican?

And I wonder, has any reseacher applied a random double blind experiment?

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Wow, that was far from imaginative or different. It was just...standard.

I scored ISTP.

redacted

I got
60% I
60% N
60% F
60% P

What the hell was with that question "If something’s happened the same way one hundred times, you would expect for the one-hundredth and first time to..."? Completely ridiculous to expect a different result. Horrible question.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't impressed with the questions either, and it is the first test to have ever given me this result.

get_image_result.php

And here are the results when I asked my wife to answer the questions about me.

I - 100%
N - 80%
T - 60%
J - 80%

Maybe I just over-analyze the questions?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What the hell was with that question "If something’s happened the same way one hundred times, you would expect for the one-hundredth and first time to..."? Completely ridiculous to expect a different result. Horrible question.

Yeah that was the one question I got S points for (I think), because yeah I can be scientific like that a lot. But looking back on it, I should've marked that I would expect a different result, because.... well, I took their test :tongue:

G

garbage

You have unlimited tries left.
good to know :yay:

17. If something’s happened the same way one hundred times, you would expect for the one-hundredth and first time to
Have the same result as the previous results
Have a different result
uhm,

hey, my answers:
On your free-time, you would prefer to
Your Answer: Do something by yourself
2. When making decisions you base your decision on
Your Answer: Your gut feeling
3. When talking to people, you tend to
Your Answer: Take other people's feelings into account before speaking
4. You are more comfortable with
Your Answer: Having a schedule down
5. When working, you prefer
Your Answer: Working in a group
6. When working on material you have a great interest in, which of the following do you focus on more?
Your Answer: Possibilities
7. Which would you value more in using when making decisions about people: justice or mercy?
Your Answer: Justice
8. Once you've decided on something, when it comes to changing your mind about that decision, you find it
Your Answer: Easy
9. You are more comfortable being
Your Answer: By yourself
10. When solving problems, you prefer to use techniques that
Your Answer: you've never tried before
11. When dealing with people, you prefer to use a style that is more
Your Answer: Personal
12. When navigating through the social arena, you tend to
Your Answer: Develop and concentrate on few friendships
13. When interested in a person, you tend to concentrate on
Your Answer: All of the history, quirks, physical features, thought processes, etc. of that person
14. When trying to convince yourself and others of a certain stance in an issue important to you, you prefer to form an argument that appeals to the other person's
Your Answer: Ethical values
15. You tend to do better when you
Your Answer: Reach self-made goals
16. After being at a social event for a few hours, you tend to feel
Your Answer: Energized from the socialization and will stay around
17. If something’s happened the same way one hundred times, you would expect for the one-hundredth and first time to
Your Answer: Have the same result as the previous results
18. When talking to people, you tend to pay attention to
Your Answer: How they're saying something
19. Your method of handling things tend to be
Your Answer: Meticulous
20. The area in which you tend to carry most of your materials with you (pockets, book bag, backpack, etc.) tends to be
Your Answer: Organized

which gives me a big fat this:
get_image_result.php

I wonder, is it a valid and reliable personality test?

And I wonder, why it is not being applied and interpreted by a qualified psychometrican?

And I wonder, has any reseacher applied a random double blind experiment?

I really don't think that a quiz posted in vBulletin format has gone through a random double-blind experiment in order to validate it and accredit it for use by a qualified psychometrician, no. But before this particular vBulletin quiz is fielded for actual psychological research, I think we do need to validate it with a double-blind study.

Does NSF have any grant money available for the validation of this vBulletin quiz?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
E 80%
S 60%
T 60%
P 60%

Probably because I chose some practical things. This was too simple. When I talk to a person, I pay attention to the complicated relations between actions, inflections, and the words themselves, creating something even more complex than just paying attention to words or how they say it.

For example, saying "They sky is blue" takes on a whole new meaning depending on how one says it.

You *have* to pay attention to content, not just how they say it, otherwise, you may hear something lovingly, and someone could be talking about how they are going to murder you in your sleep.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get an error message when I take it... "413 Request Entity Too Large"

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ESFP or ESFJ, depending on how I alter the answers I was less certain of.