• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New MBTI test (that'll soon be old, thus leaving an anachronistic title behind)

G

garbage

The NSF will no more validate MBTI than they will validate astrology.

This is a vBulletin quiz, not the MBTI.

I'm in full agreement that most of what people try to do with MBTI is bunk, but this thread, one that concerns an online forum quiz, is really not the place to bring up the need for scientific rigor.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got ISFP. The one question was weird. It depended on the situation. If I'm gambling on a slot machine or flipping a penny then I wouldn't expect anything, hopefully the chances are the same every time. If we're talking about trying to get a person to change a repetitive pattern, then chances are much less that it's going to be different next time..

(Edit: I took the test a few days ago and got the ISFP, took it again today and got ENFP, they took away that dumb question and added something slightly better. I didn't notice if they changed anything else or if my answers just changed from my mood.)

They didn't change anything else, just that one question. I went ahead with the sensor answer on that one as well, so the ISFP result did not change.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

They changed number 18 as well, I think. I took it again and got INTJ.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got this result:
get_image_result.php

Jaguar

Which of the following scares you more?

Losing your ability to see, hear, taste, and move your body.
Losing your ability to imagine and think up of multiple possibilities.

"Visual creativity—the imagination—utilizes the same system in the brain, as vision itself. Imagination comes from the visual system."

— Gregory Berns, neuroscientist

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
As expected, I got INTJ. I found some of the questions to be and rather shallow in their attempt to determine the dominant traits of an individual. With regard to the disputed question no. 17, I think the change made isn't too fortunate, either. Keeping the ability to see, hear, taste, and move your body has much more to do with one's self-preservation instinct, let us simply imagine a person unable to use any of these senses. It's a quite dramatic image, isn't it?

Visual creativity may utilize the same system as vision itself, but I think one would still be able to access it, given the fact they weren't born blind. Even in this last situation, the sense of touch could help someone create a more or less realistic mental image of the surroundings.

The question's weren't too impressive overall, as far as I'm concerned. I've seen them in many tests before, but they usually lead to higher percentages in favour of my boldly expressed NT.

get_image_result.php

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1st time:
INFJ
75% I
60% N
60% F
60% J

2nd time:
IXTP
80% I
50% S
60% T
60% P

Hmmm. The only thing that's clear on this is the I. Didn't tell me what I didn't already know.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
get_image_result.php

I usually score more like 50-50 on F/T.