• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal Thinking Styles

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Abstract Sequential - 48
Concrete Random - 40
Abstract Random - 16
Concrete Sequential - 16

Just looking at your scores and thought, "It appears that the scores on this bear out INTJ." My thinking is that abstract sequential is your highest score and Ni is so important to INTJ, could it be that AS=Ni? And could it be that in your case that CR acts like Te? Just made me curious, because at first glance one might think that AS and CR were sort of opposite ends of the spectrum, but maybe when combined together, they blend into some sort of NiTe combo.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
thinkingstyle_zps8cf811f2.png

20: Concrete Sequential (CS)
44: Abstract Sequential (AS)
48: Abstract Random (AR)
52: Concrete Random (CR)

Took the other test too, still a preference towards CS and then AS in that order. I feel that what they really measure is my Ne and Te though.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Abstract Random (AR) = 56
Concrete Random (CR) = 32
Abstract Sequential (AS) = 20
Concrete Sequential (CS) = 12

Like don't sequence I. :cool:

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Concrete Sequential (CS)- 16
Abstract Sequential (AS)- 44
Abstract Random (AR)- 28
Concrete Random (CR)- 32

Wow weirdness.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Concrete Sequential (CS)- 16
Abstract Sequential (AS)- 44
Abstract Random (AR)- 28
Concrete Random (CR)- 32

Wow weirdness.

As a sidenote, I'm curious how this relates to Gulenko's cognitive styles, like I can imagine vortical-synergistic thinkers being more inclined towards AR. Then again, I question the validity of measuring people's cognition based on having individuals identifying words that are meant to represent their cognition.

Eh, on a sidenote, I was thinking that they aren't measuring your cognition as much as they are measuring your problem-solving style. And I retook the test when I tried to be a bit more picky with the words:
CS 4
AS 40
AR 20
CR 32

I

Infinite Bubble

Just looking at your scores and thought, "It appears that the scores on this bear out INTJ." My thinking is that abstract sequential is your highest score and Ni is so important to INTJ, could it be that AS=Ni? And could it be that in your case that CR acts like Te? Just made me curious, because at first glance one might think that AS and CR were sort of opposite ends of the spectrum, but maybe when combined together, they blend into some sort of NiTe combo.

Perhaps CR does act like Te in this case. Reading the descriptions though, I think each fits quite neatly with the 4 temperaments.

AS = NT
AR = NF
CS = SJ
CR = SP

But AS is quite NiTe in itself from the description. CR works as my Se, I would think. After all, Ni and Se need each other to function.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
CR sounds more ne. It's for "experimenting" for crying out loud.

Could I actually be an ENTP? Hm...

CR = 40
AS = 36
CS = 28
AR = 20

I wish they gave more detailed descriptions.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Perhaps CR does act like Te in this case. Reading the descriptions though, I think each fits quite neatly with the 4 temperaments.

AS = NT
AR = NF
CS = SJ
CR = SP

But AS is quite NiTe in itself from the description. CR works as my Se, I would think. After all, Ni and Se need each other to function.

Please bear with me as I walk through this and figure it out, because now my curiosity is peeked:) Intuition, by its very nature, is abstract, meaning non-tangible. Now, to take in information abstractly one would have to take it in intuitively. So therefore, if a person's thought processes were to be abstract [either followed by S or R] then that person would inheriently be an intuitive person. Then it would stand to reason that all Ns should be predominantly either AS or AR and all Sensors should be either predominantly CS or CR. I'm not saying that an N can never use a CS or CR thinking style, but that it is not their perferred way of thinking. I am leading up to something here, so please bear with me.

Now, if we establish that all N's, including INFPs, INFJs, INTPs, INTJs, ENFPs, ENFJs, & ENTPs are going to be some sort of Abstract thinker, then the next task is to determine if they process the information in a random or sequential fashion. Now, then if AS = NT, then that would include Ne/Ti and Ni/Te. INFJs have a Ni as their dominant function and Fe as their perferred way of dealing with what Ni produces. However, INFJs often, especially those over thirty, are often very adept at using Ti, so adept, in fact, that they often wind up in scientific fields and work right alongside INTJ counterparts without anyone really noting the difference. Therefore, I think that this particular NF, especially if they were ennegram 5, would stand a very solid chance of having an AS perferred thinking style. I also think that it is possible for some INFPs, especially those who have a fairly balanced use of their functions to be an AS perferred style. I'm saying it's not the rule, not the norm, but rather the exceptions and it is not impossible.

S

SingSmileShine

12 Concrete Sequential
4 Abstract Sequential
52 Abstract Random
48 Concrete Random

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Concrete Random - 44
Abstract Random - 40
Abstract Sequential - 20
Concrete Sequential - 16

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Concrete Sequential (CS) = 0
Abstract Sequential (AS) = 16
Abstract Random (AR) = 16
Concrete Random (CR) = 28

Silly people multiplying the actual number instead of the total by four :p

Abstract Sequential Thinkers love the world of theory and abstract thought.
We stress that no thinking style is superior; they are simply different. Each style can be effective in its own way. The important thing is that you become more aware of which thinking style works best for you. Once you know your own style you can then analyze the others. This will help you understand other people better. It will make you more flexible. And perhaps we can all pick up tips from each other on how to be more effective.

Alea_iacta_est

Concrete Sequential: 0 (fuck you reality)
Concrete Random: 52
Abstract Sequential: 52

Abstract Random: 20

No idea how to fucking interpret this into anything useful due to the extended profiles link being down. I'll wait for some more typing theories to show up on this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Abstract Random Thinkers organize information through reflection, and thrive in unstructured, people-oriented environments.

I=4
II=4
III=12
IV=9

wildflower

abstract sequential : 40 : theory & abstract thought
abstract random : 32 : reflection & unstructured people-oriented environments
concrete random : 32 : experimenters
concrete sequential : 12 reality, what's that again?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Concrete Sequential: 12
Abstract Sequential: 36
Abstract Random: 48
Concrete Random: 24

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Concrete Sequential: 12
Abstract Sequential: 52
Abstract Random: 24
Concrete Random: 40

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Concrete Sequential: 56
Abstract Sequential: 44
Concrete Random: 12
Abstract Random: 8

I think I might be a sensor haha

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am the best at Abstract random and I had 0 points at Concrete Sequential :shrug:

I think:
Concrete Sequential Thinkers - Si
Concrete Random Thinkers - Se
Abstract Random Thinkers - Ne
Abstract Sequential Thinkers - Ni

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Concrete Sequential (CS) = 16
Abstract Sequential (AS) = 36
Abstract Random (AR) = 20