• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Short Test of Musical Preferences

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
http://helloquizzy.okcupid.com/tests/short-test-of-music-preferences-stompr/

Reflective & Complex

81% Reflective-Complex, 44% Intense-Rebellious, 67% Upbeat-Conventional and 70% Energetic-Rhythmic!

The Reflective and Complex dimension projects a broad spectrum of both positive and negative emotions that is quite complex in structure.

The Reflective and Complex dimension was positively related to Openness to New Experiences, self-perceived intelligence, verbal (but not analytic) ability, and political liberalism and negatively related to social dominance orientation and athleticism. These correlations, along with item-level analyses of the Big Five [Personality] Inventory, suggest that individuals who enjoy listening to reflective and complex music tend to be inventive, have active imaginations, value aesthetic experiences, consider themselves to be intelligent, tolerant of others, and reject conservative ideals.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This test is impossible. Alanis Morisette and REM as alternative? It's confusing. Bjork as electro/dance? A category called international/foreign and Im supposed to answer "i like it" or "i don't like it"?

Well, i got "Energetic and Rhythmic"

69% Reflective complex, 81% Intense rebellious, 17% upbeat conventional, 85% energetic rhythmic

The Energetic and Rhythmic dimension exhibits comparatively less positive and negative emotion, is moderately energetic, and tends to place greater emphasis on rhythm.

The Energetic and Rhythmic dimension was positively related to Extraversion, Agreeableness, flirtatiousness, liberalism, self-perceived attractiveness, and athleticism and negatively related to social dominance orientation and conservatism. Thus, individuals who enjoy Energetic and Rhythmic music tend to be talkative, full of energy, are forgiving, see themselves as physically attractive, and tend to eschew conservative ideals.

wolfy

awsm
Intense & Rebellious

47% Reflective-Complex, 75% Intense-Rebellious, 46% Upbeat-Conventional and 65% Energetic-Rhythmic!

The Intense and Rebellious dimension displays moderately complex structure and intense negative emotions.

The Intense and Rebellious dimension was positively related to Openness to New Experiences, athleticism, self-perceived intelligence, and verbal ability. Interestingly, despite previous findings that this dimension contains music that emphasizes negative emotions, individuals who prefer music in this dimension do not appear to display signs of neuroticism or disagreeableness. Overall, individuals who prefer intense and rebellious music tend to be curious about different things, enjoy taking risks, are physically active, and consider themselves intelligent.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Energetic & Rhythmic
56% Reflective-Complex, 75% Intense-Rebellious, 58% Upbeat-Conventional and 80% Energetic-Rhythmic!

The Energetic and Rhythmic dimension exhibits comparatively less positive and negative emotion, is moderately energetic, and tends to place greater emphasis on rhythm.

The Energetic and Rhythmic dimension was positively related to Extraversion, Agreeableness, flirtatiousness, liberalism, self-perceived attractiveness, and athleticism and negatively related to social dominance orientation and conservatism. Thus, individuals who enjoy Energetic and Rhythmic music tend to be talkative, full of energy, are forgiving, see themselves as physically attractive, and tend to eschew conservative ideals.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Intense & Rebellious

59% Reflective-Complex, 69% Intense-Rebellious, 50% Upbeat-Conventional and 65% Energetic-Rhythmic!

The Intense and Rebellious dimension displays moderately complex structure and intense negative emotions.

The Intense and Rebellious dimension was positively related to Openness to New Experiences, athleticism, self-perceived intelligence, and verbal ability. Interestingly, despite previous findings that this dimension contains music that emphasizes negative emotions, individuals who prefer music in this dimension do not appear to display signs of neuroticism or disagreeableness. Overall, individuals who prefer intense and rebellious music tend to be curious about different things, enjoy taking risks, are physically active, and consider themselves intelligent.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This test is impossible. Alanis Morisette and REM as alternative? It's confusing. Bjork as electro/dance? A category called international/foreign and Im supposed to answer "i like it" or "i don't like it"?
:yes:

I actually quit the test in the middle; if they put Fatboy Slim and Bjork together, and put Bach and Beethoven together, and put REM and Alanis Morisette together, then I don't trust their results even remotely. After all, in each pair that I listed, there is an artist that I love and an artist that I don't love.

It would have been a better test if they'd used music samples.

Silveresque

Energetic & Rhythmic

59% Reflective-Complex, 50% Intense-Rebellious, 38% Upbeat-Conventional and 65% Energetic-Rhythmic!

:huh: :shrug:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Reflective & Complex

81% Reflective-Complex, 50% Intense-Rebellious, 29% Upbeat-Conventional and 75% Energetic-Rhythmic!

The Reflective and Complex dimension projects a broad spectrum of both positive and negative emotions that is quite complex in structure.

The Reflective and Complex dimension was positively related to Openness to New Experiences, self-perceived intelligence, verbal (but not analytic) ability, and political liberalism and negatively related to social dominance orientation and athleticism. These correlations, along with item-level analyses of the Big Five [Personality] Inventory, suggest that individuals who enjoy listening to reflective and complex music tend to be inventive, have active imaginations, value aesthetic experiences, consider themselves to be intelligent, tolerant of others, and reject conservative ideals.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Intense & Rebellious
78% Reflective-Complex, 94% Intense-Rebellious, 71% Upbeat-Conventional and 75% Energetic-Rhythmic!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intense & Rebellious

59% Reflective-Complex, 81% Intense-Rebellious, 33% Upbeat-Conventional and 35% Energetic-Rhythmic!

lol at the suggested music, I just ignored it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My spread is all within 7% of each other, and aside from the "greater emphasis on rhythm" (I mean, for years I played rhythm keys/piano in music ensembles), only a small portion of the description fits me.

Energetic & Rhythmic
53% Reflective-Complex, 56% Intense-Rebellious, 58% Upbeat-Conventional and 60% Energetic-Rhythmic!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I didnt knew 10% of the bands listed there, but I marked that I like theme music :dry:

Intense & Rebellious

63% Reflective-Complex, 75% Intense-Rebellious, 29% Upbeat-Conventional and 55% Energetic-Rhythmic!

KDude

Intense & Rebellious

66% Reflective-Complex, 94% Intense-Rebellious, 46% Upbeat-Conventional and 30% Energetic-Rhythmic!

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Intense & Rebellious
66% Reflective-Complex, 81% Intense-Rebellious, 46% Upbeat-Conventional and 45% Energetic-Rhythmic!

Hmm, not sure if this fits me. I'm curious and I do think I'm intelligent :laugh:. But I don't take a lot of risks and I'm not especially physically active. :shrug:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes:

I actually quit the test in the middle; if they put Fatboy Slim and Bjork together, and put Bach and Beethoven together, and put REM and Alanis Morisette together, then I don't trust their results even remotely. After all, in each pair that I listed, there is an artist that I love and an artist that I don't love.

It would have been a better test if they'd used music samples.

The thing that I didn't like about this test is that they ended up considering Rock as being something straight ahead heavy... and being mostly into prog, classic rock, and pop/rock and new wave, it tosses in the kitchen sink of influences, so I have to end up choosing other genres that are infused with those subgenres of rock. I also like pop music, but more like pop/rock variety. :shrugs: The test isn't the best, but it gives a rough idea.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Reflective & Complex
72% Reflective-Complex, 44% Intense-Rebellious, 54% Upbeat-Conventional and 65% Energetic-Rhythmic!

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Reflective & Complex

88% Reflective-Complex, 13% Intense-Rebellious, 46% Upbeat-Conventional and 60% Energetic-Rhythmic!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Intense & Rebellious

72% Reflective-Complex, 75% Intense-Rebellious, 42% Upbeat-Conventional and 25% Energetic-Rhythmic!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
energetic & rhythmic
why does rock get like 10 sub-genres but rap gets 1?