User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which way did you see her spinning first?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

25 62.50%
  • Clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

7 17.50%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

6 15.00%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

2 5.00%
123 Last

Default Spinning Dancer Test

Most of you have probably already seen this, but I'd like to see how accurate it is for determining whether you're left brain dominant (judging) or right brain dominant (perceiving). Supposedly, if you see the girl spinning clockwise at first, that means you're right brain dominant, and vice versa. Try to get her to switch directions too. If you can't get her to switch, scroll down to where it shows two of the same image with the legs labelled L and R.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_Dancer.gif

It was for me, I could only see it right and gave up trying to switch it.

So when you say "judging" do you mean Ji or Je doms or just anyone who has a J at the end of their MBTI type?

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    So when you say "judging" do you mean Ji or Je doms or just anyone who has a J at the end of their MBTI type?
    I mean xxxJ, sorry about the confusion.

I usually see her spinning clockwise but it's pretty easy to get her to change, doesn't take more than a few spins.

I don't know if I'm left or right brain dominant, I usually score very close to even on those tests with right winning out by the smallest margins. That said, I also score the highest in the verbal intelligence category, which is a left-brained function. So I don't know.

Okay, that was completely unhelpful. I guess I'll click right brain though.

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I usually see her spinning clockwise but it's pretty easy to get her to change, doesn't take more than a few spins.

I don't know if I'm left or right brain dominant, I usually score very close to even on those tests with right winning out by the smallest margins. That said, I also score the highest in the verbal intelligence category, which is a left-brained function. So I don't know.

Okay, that was completely unhelpful. I guess I'll click right brain though.
    If you're a perceiving type, that should make you right brain dominant. Ji functions are processed in the back right section of the brain, while Je functions are processed in the front left section.

Wow, how did they even come up with that diagram? Is there any remotely empirical proof for it? Hell, people can't even decide on definitions for any of the cognitive functions; how are they supposed to test for neurological activity confirming them?

ThatGirl

At first I thought people were pulling my chain by asking which way she was moving, because she kept changing directions. When they said, you can make her change, I replied, "You can't make her change she IS changing." After looking at it for a while, I can make her just sway back and forth. Its a pretty cool illusion.

ThatGirl

Hahaha!

I just had TK take a look. I asked him which way she was spinning. He started laughing really hard. He shouted, "counter clockwise!" I said she is going counter-clockwise? He laughed really hard and said, "Yeah! But she keeps changing!"

<3

I have a hard time getting her to switch directions, but if I look at the picture where her leg is labelled R, it switches for me easily. For some reason, I have to actually see that R for it to work. It doesn't work if I just imagine an R on her leg.