• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spinning Dancer Test

Which way did you see her spinning first?

• Clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm right brain dominant (perceiving)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Counter-clockwise, and I'm left brain dominant (judging)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Silveresque

Most of you have probably already seen this, but I'd like to see how accurate it is for determining whether you're left brain dominant (judging) or right brain dominant (perceiving). Supposedly, if you see the girl spinning clockwise at first, that means you're right brain dominant, and vice versa. Try to get her to switch directions too. If you can't get her to switch, scroll down to where it shows two of the same image with the legs labelled L and R.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spinning_Dancer.gif

wolfy

awsm
It was for me, I could only see it right and gave up trying to switch it.

So when you say "judging" do you mean Ji or Je doms or just anyone who has a J at the end of their MBTI type?

I usually see her spinning clockwise but it's pretty easy to get her to change, doesn't take more than a few spins.

I don't know if I'm left or right brain dominant, I usually score very close to even on those tests with right winning out by the smallest margins. That said, I also score the highest in the verbal intelligence category, which is a left-brained function. So I don't know.

Okay, that was completely unhelpful. I guess I'll click right brain though.

Silveresque

I usually see her spinning clockwise but it's pretty easy to get her to change, doesn't take more than a few spins.

I don't know if I'm left or right brain dominant, I usually score very close to even on those tests with right winning out by the smallest margins. That said, I also score the highest in the verbal intelligence category, which is a left-brained function. So I don't know.

Okay, that was completely unhelpful. I guess I'll click right brain though.

If you're a perceiving type, that should make you right brain dominant. Ji functions are processed in the back right section of the brain, while Je functions are processed in the front left section.

brain-regions.gif

Wow, how did they even come up with that diagram? Is there any remotely empirical proof for it? Hell, people can't even decide on definitions for any of the cognitive functions; how are they supposed to test for neurological activity confirming them?

T

ThatGirl

At first I thought people were pulling my chain by asking which way she was moving, because she kept changing directions. When they said, you can make her change, I replied, "You can't make her change she IS changing." After looking at it for a while, I can make her just sway back and forth. Its a pretty cool illusion.

T

ThatGirl

Hahaha!

I just had TK take a look. I asked him which way she was spinning. He started laughing really hard. He shouted, "counter clockwise!" I said she is going counter-clockwise? He laughed really hard and said, "Yeah! But she keeps changing!"

<3

Silveresque

I have a hard time getting her to switch directions, but if I look at the picture where her leg is labelled R, it switches for me easily. For some reason, I have to actually see that R for it to work. It doesn't work if I just imagine an R on her leg.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Clockwise (perceiving and more 'right brained'), and cannot make the dancer turn counterclockwise...... well with that one trick you can do with the picture and focusing a ton I could get her to wobble the other way for a second but that's about it.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I almost always see counter-clockwise first.

Sometimes I struggle to switch her to clockwise, but I can do it if I only look at her legs and mentally decide that the leg sticking out is behind instead of in front, and then she switches.

NeTi is supposed to be clockwise, but I work in engineering, which is very left-brained, and math is my best subject. However, I'm more creative than most engineers, and fairly balanced in my left-right hemispheres, just more practiced with left brain activity.

Starry

I almost always see counter-clockwise first.

Sometimes I struggle to switch her to clockwise, but I can do it if I only look at her legs and mentally decide that the leg sticking out is behind instead of in front, and then she switches.

NeTi is supposed to be clockwise, but I work in engineering, which is very left-brained, and math is my best subject. However, I'm more creative than most engineers, and fairly balanced in my left-right hemispheres, just more practiced with left brain activity.

What you described above is exactly how I experienced this test. I'm NeFi yet saw the girl spinning counter-clockwise. Yet this is supposed to be unusual? I guess I am just confused because I consider myself a *strong P*. What am I not understanding here?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't see her going counter clockwise at all, she is definitely going clockwise and I tried for a few minutes to try to see her differently, but I can't. :cry:
Have always been strongly right brain dominant, though I'm really unsure if functions always relate to that for people. :unsure:

Edit: Okay, what in God's name are you guys seeing that is making her spin counter-clockwise??? This is maddening! I can not see it!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clockwise (perceiving and more 'right brained'), and cannot make the dancer turn counterclockwise...... well with that one trick you can do with the picture and focusing a ton I could get her to wobble the other way for a second but that's about it.

I can't see her going counter clockwise at all, she is definitely going clockwise and I tried for a few minutes to try to see her differently, but I can't. :cry:
Have always been strongly right brain dominant, though I'm really unsure if functions always relate to that for people. :unsure:

There we go again. :laugh:!
:hifive:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see both. I've taken a few left/right brained tests and I come out exactly 50-50 or the difference is marginal.

She'll be spinning one way, and then she'll be spinning the other way. I used to do this with 3-d cubes, sort of. Just stare at them and force myself to see inside or outside.

This time when I looked, I saw counter clockwise. Not sure what I normally see first though.