User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Major Romantic Poet Would You Be

Symbolic Herald Array

Which Major Romantic Poet Would You Be (if You Were a Major Romantic Poet)

You're John Keats!

You were born poor, trained to be a doctor, and then decided you wanted to be a poet. You threw yourself into poetry with great dedication. You're very nice and extremely dedicated to your art. You write great letters and sexy poetry. It's amazing how much you got done in your short lifetime.

7w6 sx/sp

"I love you the more in that I believe you had liked me for my own sake and for nothing else."

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar

You are William Blake! Wow. I'm impressed. Not only are you a self-made artist and poet, but you've suddenly become a very trendy guy to like. It's not that we doubt that you have all your marbles, it's just that we're not quite sure what you did with them to come up with those terrifying theological visions. The people of your time were nowhere near as forgiving as that, and all your neighbors thought you were a grade-A nut job. But we love you, so rest happy.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

You are Samuel Taylor Coleridge! The infamous "archangel a little damaged!" You took drugs and talked for hours, it's true, but you also made a conscious choice to cultivate the image of the deranged poet in a frenzy of genius. You claimed you wrote "Kubla Khan" in an afternoon after a laudanum, when you pretty manifestly did no such thing. You and your flashing eyes and floating hair. And your brilliant scholarship and obvious genius.

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

You are George Gordon, Lord Byron! The prototypical bad boy, you'll sleep with anything that can give consent and maybe even a few things that can't or won't. Your ethics could use some work (nine year old girls?), but outside of the sex question, you're a grand partier and the bipolar, shady hero of your own story. The wittiest of th Romantics, you're mad, bad and dangerous to know. Scandalous!
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.