User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: The River Test

Ginkgo

Default The River Test

Imagine you are wandering through a forest and you stumble into a clearing. There, there is a river separating you from the remaining forest. You attempt to get to the other side of the river.

Describe your first impression of the river and the surrounding forest with some personal detail. Afterward, tell us how you attempted to traverse to the other side.

Once you finish, read the spoiler:

ReflecTcelfeR

Oregon Trail Style. You can find a bridge, or try to ford it... I always did the latter and succeeded. The river is far away from the forest. I should mention that the river is calm and flowing gently.

Done. (Didn't really do this in order... I make my own directions...)

Edit after reading Spoiler : Hahaha, I have nothing to compare... I'd hope I'm gentler.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The river is suprisingly clean, clear and almost blue-ish. There are soft dry pine needles lining much of the darker parts of the forest, but the ground near the water is more like dirt and grass. The trees are mostly pine, but there are also some oaks. The weather is pleasantly temperate and sunny, and the sun glints off of the water, but not to the point of hurting my eyes. It's overcast enough that the sun isn't too bright for my liking. There are some little blue wild flowers and squirrels.

I choose to swim across the river, it's not terribly wide like some rivers I've seen.

HAHAHAH!

The river is wild and the forest is so beautiful I'm tempted to spend days taking photographs.
    BUT, I steal a kid's waverunner and yell "Yeah, baby!" as I speed to the other side.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

The surrounding forest is lush, deep, dense. Coniferous and deciduous trees are in full foliage with deep emerald green leaves that soak up the sunshine from the forest's canopy. The side of the riverbank I am on is from a rolling hilly area of the woods, and the other side of the river there are taller hills covered with a variety of deciduous trees, also in full foliage. It is absolutely breathtaking and beautiful.

The river is wide and vast in the clearing, and the current is being fed from a large waterfall that feeds the river's waters. The water itself is crystal clear, and I can see the rocks underneath it, and rainbow trout and bass swimming in the water. The sun's rays and clouds are reflected on the surface, and I dip my toes in it carefully. The water feels slightly cool against my skin, but the hot air of the forest around me makes me yearn to dip into the cooling and soothing waters. So, I walk into the river water, and notice the floor of the river drops underneath me, and the water is much deeper than I had anticipated. I swim in the deep end, and feel the rush of water all around me, and bask in the sunshine from the clearing. I then take a shortcut to the waterfall to enjoy the mist of it, feel the water all around like magic. I take a dive into the water and swim back with all my might in the deep end. I swim over to the other side of the river, my clothes drenched with water and dripping to the pebbles and rocks below. But I have gotten over to the other side, and I feel refreshed and energized and lay down onto a patch of grass to warm up with the rays of sunshine so then I can dry off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

River is clear and icy, some of the rocks are mossy, there is a medium current, but it isn't that deep. The trees are the kind that have no branches lower down, only at the top, and the sunlight is streaming through. I would probably either hop across the river on the rocks or wade through. It is knee deep and exhilarating. I might pick my way up along the river too. This was always a favorite pastime of me and my siblings.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Banned

The river is crashing with emotions, the water is pink. The river is framed by two gigantic oak trees, they are healthy looking but someone took the liberty of shaving off all the leaves. I ride my penis to get across it into salvation. Then I fall asleep.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    The river is crashing with emotions, the water is pink. The river is framed by two gigantic oak trees, they are healthy looking but someone took the liberty of shaving off all the leaves. I ride my penis to get across it into salvation. Then I fall asleep.
    much?

MBTI
    ESFJ

The sight of a river is a blessing as the humidity of the air is becoming stifling. My clothes are damp and i long to step into the water to cool my body temperature. The water runs clear and at a steady pace, i'm sure i'll be able to cross it without any cause for concern. Blah, blah, blah.

Lol .. Ohhhhh, does that mean i get bored easily and want it to end?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

one of those clear, shallow and very fast moving type of rivers that you find in the mountains... I have a lot of fun skipping across from rock to rock to the other side

the forest is one of those lovely pine forests, with the floor covered with pine needles and the occasional patch of ferns- it smells awesome!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett