• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The River Test

G

Ginkgo

Imagine you are wandering through a forest and you stumble into a clearing. There, there is a river separating you from the remaining forest. You attempt to get to the other side of the river.

Describe your first impression of the river and the surrounding forest with some personal detail. Afterward, tell us how you attempted to traverse to the other side.

Once you finish, read the spoiler:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Oregon Trail Style. You can find a bridge, or try to ford it... I always did the latter and succeeded. The river is far away from the forest. I should mention that the river is calm and flowing gently.

Done. (Didn't really do this in order... I make my own directions...)

Edit after reading Spoiler : Hahaha, I have nothing to compare... I'd hope I'm gentler.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The river is suprisingly clean, clear and almost blue-ish. There are soft dry pine needles lining much of the darker parts of the forest, but the ground near the water is more like dirt and grass. The trees are mostly pine, but there are also some oaks. The weather is pleasantly temperate and sunny, and the sun glints off of the water, but not to the point of hurting my eyes. It's overcast enough that the sun isn't too bright for my liking. There are some little blue wild flowers and squirrels.

I choose to swim across the river, it's not terribly wide like some rivers I've seen.

HAHAHAH!

Jaguar

The river is wild and the forest is so beautiful I'm tempted to spend days taking photographs.
BUT, I steal a kid's waverunner and yell "Yeah, baby!" as I speed to the other side. :laugh:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The surrounding forest is lush, deep, dense. Coniferous and deciduous trees are in full foliage with deep emerald green leaves that soak up the sunshine from the forest's canopy. The side of the riverbank I am on is from a rolling hilly area of the woods, and the other side of the river there are taller hills covered with a variety of deciduous trees, also in full foliage. It is absolutely breathtaking and beautiful.

The river is wide and vast in the clearing, and the current is being fed from a large waterfall that feeds the river's waters. The water itself is crystal clear, and I can see the rocks underneath it, and rainbow trout and bass swimming in the water. The sun's rays and clouds are reflected on the surface, and I dip my toes in it carefully. The water feels slightly cool against my skin, but the hot air of the forest around me makes me yearn to dip into the cooling and soothing waters. So, I walk into the river water, and notice the floor of the river drops underneath me, and the water is much deeper than I had anticipated. I swim in the deep end, and feel the rush of water all around me, and bask in the sunshine from the clearing. I then take a shortcut to the waterfall to enjoy the mist of it, feel the water all around like magic. I take a dive into the water and swim back with all my might in the deep end. I swim over to the other side of the river, my clothes drenched with water and dripping to the pebbles and rocks below. But I have gotten over to the other side, and I feel refreshed and energized and lay down onto a patch of grass to warm up with the rays of sunshine so then I can dry off.

gromit

likes this
River is clear and icy, some of the rocks are mossy, there is a medium current, but it isn't that deep. The trees are the kind that have no branches lower down, only at the top, and the sunlight is streaming through. I would probably either hop across the river on the rocks or wade through. It is knee deep and exhilarating. I might pick my way up along the river too. This was always a favorite pastime of me and my siblings.

Within

Permabanned
The river is crashing with emotions, the water is pink. The river is framed by two gigantic oak trees, they are healthy looking but someone took the liberty of shaving off all the leaves. I ride my penis to get across it into salvation. Then I fall asleep.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The river is crashing with emotions, the water is pink. The river is framed by two gigantic oak trees, they are healthy looking but someone took the liberty of shaving off all the leaves. I ride my penis to get across it into salvation. Then I fall asleep.

:troll: much?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The sight of a river is a blessing as the humidity of the air is becoming stifling. My clothes are damp and i long to step into the water to cool my body temperature. The water runs clear and at a steady pace, i'm sure i'll be able to cross it without any cause for concern. Blah, blah, blah.

Lol .. Ohhhhh, does that mean i get bored easily and want it to end?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
one of those clear, shallow and very fast moving type of rivers that you find in the mountains... I have a lot of fun skipping across from rock to rock to the other side :cheese:

the forest is one of those lovely pine forests, with the floor covered with pine needles and the occasional patch of ferns- it smells awesome! :wubbie:

T

ThatGirl

The river is wide and looks deep, normal current. Not too violent or stagnant. No one else is there, its quiet, just the sound of the water and a light breeze. There are tress on my side, but it looks more dense and green on the other. Lots of beach on the other side too. Some houses. I jump in and swim to the other side. Water is perfect, very refreshing. Nice day to swim, exercise feels good.

Edit: I wrote in the exercise part after I read the spoiler, only because I re-read my post and realized I forgot to write it.

Um, I am not sure how the state of the river describes how aware I am of my emotions. But if it IS my emotions, I could see that. Lol @ the sex, apparently I just dive right in. Does that mean good or bad in bed?