User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The Bear Test

Ginkgo

Default The Bear Test

Imagine you're walking in the woods alone and you spot a bear.

Picture your very first impression of the bear. Don't overcomplicate it, but give it enough detail to illustrate its general form. What does it look like? What does it do? How do you handle the situation?

After you type your description of the bear in this thread, look at this:

The bear just stared at me. I cocked my eyebrow, stared back, and said, "What's on your mind, buddy?"
    A bear and a jaguar having a stare-down.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It's got brown fur like a grizzly bear, kind of a brown/red color. The fur is slightly wet, appearing as if it just went into a nearby river to catch fish. It walks around in the woods sniffing the ground, pushing over some leaves and other debris on the forest floor. Then, it ends up standing on two feet to raise itself up towards a pine tree in a sunny glen of the woods, and it reaches up to the tree to find any type of food source, or so it appears. But from a second glance, up on a large bough of the pine tree, there is a little bear cub sitting on it, and it ends up climbing off of the tree and walks over to it's mama, and the big mama bear brings its little cub away from the area, and leaves me alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

i think you're supposed to play dead.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    i think you're supposed to play dead.
    With that little pussy in your avatar, no wonder you think that.

Large, brown fur, crouched down, it's across the stream from me. It stands up on rear legs. We look at each other and then it leaves.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Ideally, I would never be in a position to encounter a dangerous animal alone, unarmed, and on its turf. On the off chance I were, Id deserve to be eaten. If I'm playing along, though, the bear is large and brown, probably a Grizzly. He rears slightly with a growl. Im close enough to see the foam on his muzzle. I feel more awe than fear. I don't move. The bear can outrun me, so trying to escape would be useless. Fighting him might be the only chance I have, but even that is a fairly bleak prospect. My only hope is that the bear loses interest and goes away on his own. I wait to see what is the bear's next move.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

He's a black bear, smallish. Is eating berries or something and when we come across each other, we both seem to look up at each other in surprise. His head is cocked to one side and the bear faces me squarely, chews one time. My palms break out in sweaty nervousness but I slowly start backing away, still facing the bear. It turns and runs into the undergrowth.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Big brown bear lumbering across a hillside. Two cubs follow behind her. The group walks slowly and deliberately, taking a moment to sniff the air and, in particular, a group of yellow flowers, either dandelions or daffodils. The bear is shaggy, with interlaced brown and black hairs draped over a powerful, muscular frame. I stay very quiet, hoping that by keeping still, the bear will pass without either noticing me, or considering me a threat to its cubs. After the bears move onward, I continue my journey, perhaps a little more alert to my surroundings.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The bear is a deep glossy brown. It is a female, large, but not frightening.
    She is unaware of me. She is strolling along, looking for something, maybe food.

I creep away quietly & leave her in peace.

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe