• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bear Test

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The bear is still a cub, it seems relatively harmless, and is snacking on a flower. I feel slight apprehension because of course it's a bear and has a mother somewhere (um...yikes) but the cub itself is preoccupied and is no bigger than a large dog.

Hey! That's cool! I must be growing. :)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My first impression of the bear is that its extraordinary, small, its small and the fur is a light tawny color and the snout leads to a shiny black nose. The little bears eyes are the glossiest, darkest captivating eyes that are still -like the bear- so soft. And I feel, so soft, so safe. Security like holding a beloved stuffed animal. I know I'm witnessing something magical, like the teddy bears picnic made real or something. And I just make myself very still and try to be awash in the experience, not try to interfere. Because magical moments are so fleeting.
:)

Last edited:
T

ThatGirl

Alright. I am walking and spot a bear. It is far away and I am surprised I noticed it through the trees. It is not aware of my presence, and I just watch it for a while. Once the bear moves on, so do I.

Edit: I don't think that would be an accurate assumption for the spoiler in the OP.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Really tall, roaring, standing up on its hind legs and putting its front paws up... uh, it's a grizzly bear, and it's frickin massive :shock:. I'm just kinda standing there staring at it, which is weird, since I'm right up in front of it...

EDIT: I hope that's not true at all, though I don't see what else I'd do against a raging grizzly, other than run, of course.

I shuffle through the woods, staring sullenly at the ground and kicking the occasional pebble out of my way. Nevertheless, I am surprised when I find myself treading heavily on something unexpectedly soft. I step aside hastily and my eyes flicker down to rest on the battered teddy bear lying at my feet. It might once have been pink but it has long since faded to an indeterminate shade of grey. A piece of dirty cotton stuffing peeps through the gash in its side; one of its eyes dangles uselessly from its socket. Around its neck is a polka-dotted and oddly jaunty looking bow-tie.

Seized by a brief but intense pang of identification with the abandoned toy, I stoop to pick it up. My fingers are on the verge of grazing a grubby arm when I realise that it is, in fact, quite extraordinarily dirty. Thinking better of my maudlin impulse, I step away quickly, turn my back determinedly on the bear, and head home, wallowing all the while in the most delicious feelings of guilt and self-reproach.

G

Ginkgo

I shuffle through the woods, staring sullenly at the ground and kicking the occasional pebble out of my way. Nevertheless, I am surprised when I find myself treading heavily on something unexpectedly soft. I step aside hastily and my eyes flicker down to rest on the battered teddy bear lying at my feet. It might once have been pink but it has long since faded to an indeterminate shade of grey. A piece of dirty cotton stuffing peeps through the gash in its side; one of its eyes dangles uselessly from its socket. Around its neck is a polka-dotted and oddly jaunty looking bow-tie.

Seized by a brief but intense pang of identification with the abandoned toy, I stoop to pick it up. My fingers are on the verge of grazing a grubby arm when I realise that it is, in fact, quite extraordinarily dirty. Thinking better of my maudlin impulse, I step away quickly, turn my back determinedly on the bear, and head home, wallowing all the while in the most delicious feelings of guilt and self-reproach.

Reading this was like trying to swallow concrete.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I would try and avoid getting the bears attention and try as well to not over react. i usually carry a gun though, Im a crack shot and do have a quick draw, Im just as deadly to the bear as he is to me, if not then its more that Im a threat.right now, i consider we are equals.

Within

Permabanned
Ok, officer. Here's what happened. I was frolicking in the woods minding my own business when suddenly this bear came up in front of me. So I was like, it has fur it's massive and brown, sure that's a bear alright.

When it notices me it charges me with all it's primal unstoppable force. So I pull out the biggest damn shotgun ever created and blow the bear away, turning the green meadow crimson within a second.

When the pink mist settles I find that the bear was only trying to protect it's three cubs. After careful consideration and some brooding I decide to take them as my own and raise them as I would have brought up my sons.

Sure, applying pressure to gain weight. Realizing and handling mistakes. Sounds accurate enough.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I spot the bear from a distance, I freeze, hoping my eyes are playing tricks on me. The bear is looking straight at me, and I panic inwardly but remain frozen. I don't even think about running, but my instinct is to hide. I wonder why it's staring at me, but it isn't coming any closer. I glance around me, hoping there aren't any other bears (or, god forbid, bear cubs) nearby, and I spot a narrow hiding place where, if I could get to it, I'd be safe. Something distracts the bears attention, and I instantly take the opportunity to get into hiding.

uncommonentity

The bear looks like it works out. It stands there looking me straight in the eye. I eat the bear alive.