Thread: The Bear Test

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The bear is still a cub, it seems relatively harmless, and is snacking on a flower. I feel slight apprehension because of course it's a bear and has a mother somewhere (um...yikes) but the cub itself is preoccupied and is no bigger than a large dog.

Hey! That's cool! I must be growing.

My first impression of the bear is that its extraordinary, small, its small and the fur is a light tawny color and the snout leads to a shiny black nose. The little bears eyes are the glossiest, darkest captivating eyes that are still -like the bear- so soft. And I feel, so soft, so safe. Security like holding a beloved stuffed animal. I know I'm witnessing something magical, like the teddy bears picnic made real or something. And I just make myself very still and try to be awash in the experience, not try to interfere. Because magical moments are so fleeting.

Last edited by Vasilisa; 08-31-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: interpretation
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    @Ginkgo: You skipped over some of us. Are you saving the best for last or was that Fe fail?
    I've got shit to be and places to do. Calm yoself.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I've got shit to be and places to do. Calm yoself.
    k,

ThatGirl

Alright. I am walking and spot a bear. It is far away and I am surprised I noticed it through the trees. It is not aware of my presence, and I just watch it for a while. Once the bear moves on, so do I.

Edit: I don't think that would be an accurate assumption for the spoiler in the OP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Really tall, roaring, standing up on its hind legs and putting its front paws up... uh, it's a grizzly bear, and it's frickin massive . I'm just kinda standing there staring at it, which is weird, since I'm right up in front of it...

EDIT: I hope that's not true at all, though I don't see what else I'd do against a raging grizzly, other than run, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    After you type your description of the bear in this thread, look at this:
    Oh, mine was INFP I think
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

I shuffle through the woods, staring sullenly at the ground and kicking the occasional pebble out of my way. Nevertheless, I am surprised when I find myself treading heavily on something unexpectedly soft. I step aside hastily and my eyes flicker down to rest on the battered teddy bear lying at my feet. It might once have been pink but it has long since faded to an indeterminate shade of grey. A piece of dirty cotton stuffing peeps through the gash in its side; one of its eyes dangles uselessly from its socket. Around its neck is a polka-dotted and oddly jaunty looking bow-tie.

Seized by a brief but intense pang of identification with the abandoned toy, I stoop to pick it up. My fingers are on the verge of grazing a grubby arm when I realise that it is, in fact, quite extraordinarily dirty. Thinking better of my maudlin impulse, I step away quickly, turn my back determinedly on the bear, and head home, wallowing all the while in the most delicious feelings of guilt and self-reproach.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I shuffle through the woods, staring sullenly at the ground and kicking the occasional pebble out of my way. Nevertheless, I am surprised when I find myself treading heavily on something unexpectedly soft. I step aside hastily and my eyes flicker down to rest on the battered teddy bear lying at my feet. It might once have been pink but it has long since faded to an indeterminate shade of grey. A piece of dirty cotton stuffing peeps through the gash in its side; one of its eyes dangles uselessly from its socket. Around its neck is a polka-dotted and oddly jaunty looking bow-tie.

Seized by a brief but intense pang of identification with the abandoned toy, I stoop to pick it up. My fingers are on the verge of grazing a grubby arm when I realise that it is, in fact, quite extraordinarily dirty. Thinking better of my maudlin impulse, I step away quickly, turn my back determinedly on the bear, and head home, wallowing all the while in the most delicious feelings of guilt and self-reproach.
    Reading this was like trying to swallow concrete.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I would try and avoid getting the bears attention and try as well to not over react. i usually carry a gun though, Im a crack shot and do have a quick draw, Im just as deadly to the bear as he is to me, if not then its more that Im a threat.right now, i consider we are equals.