User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: The Bear Test

A window to the soul

@Ginkgo: Intense.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    The first time I read it I thought it was a true story, but then I realized you prob'ly wrote it like that to be original, which may defeat the purpose, but was fun anyway, haha.
    I went camping and fishing there, and I took a dip in an icey creek. That part of the story is true.

You mentioned defeat. What was the purpose of this exercise?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The bear just stared at me. I cocked my eyebrow, stared back, and said, "What's on your mind, buddy?"
    A bear and a jaguar having a stare-down.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    It's got brown fur like a grizzly bear, kind of a brown/red color. The fur is slightly wet, appearing as if it just went into a nearby river to catch fish. It walks around in the woods sniffing the ground, pushing over some leaves and other debris on the forest floor. Then, it ends up standing on two feet to raise itself up towards a pine tree in a sunny glen of the woods, and it reaches up to the tree to find any type of food source, or so it appears. But from a second glance, up on a large bough of the pine tree, there is a little bear cub sitting on it, and it ends up climbing off of the tree and walks over to it's mama, and the big mama bear brings its little cub away from the area, and leaves me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    i think you're supposed to play dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Large, brown fur, crouched down, it's across the stream from me. It stands up on rear legs. We look at each other and then it leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Ideally, I would never be in a position to encounter a dangerous animal alone, unarmed, and on its turf. On the off chance I were, Id deserve to be eaten. If I'm playing along, though, the bear is large and brown, probably a Grizzly. He rears slightly with a growl. Im close enough to see the foam on his muzzle. I feel more awe than fear. I don't move. The bear can outrun me, so trying to escape would be useless. Fighting him might be the only chance I have, but even that is a fairly bleak prospect. My only hope is that the bear loses interest and goes away on his own. I wait to see what is the bear's next move.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    He's a black bear, smallish. Is eating berries or something and when we come across each other, we both seem to look up at each other in surprise. His head is cocked to one side and the bear faces me squarely, chews one time. My palms break out in sweaty nervousness but I slowly start backing away, still facing the bear. It turns and runs into the undergrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Big brown bear lumbering across a hillside. Two cubs follow behind her. The group walks slowly and deliberately, taking a moment to sniff the air and, in particular, a group of yellow flowers, either dandelions or daffodils. The bear is shaggy, with interlaced brown and black hairs draped over a powerful, muscular frame. I stay very quiet, hoping that by keeping still, the bear will pass without either noticing me, or considering me a threat to its cubs. After the bears move onward, I continue my journey, perhaps a little more alert to my surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The bear is a deep glossy brown. It is a female, large, but not frightening.
    She is unaware of me. She is strolling along, looking for something, maybe food.

I creep away quietly & leave her in peace.

/for kicks

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I went camping and fishing there, and I took a dip in an icey creek. That part of the story is true.

You mentioned defeat. What was the purpose of this exercise?
    I meant that if instead of going with your first instinct, you instead made something up to be more creative, that might defeat the purpose of the exercise.

I dunno, maybe it still worked for you anyway. In any case, it made for a cool story.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    It's the largest bear in existence, towering far above the clouds. Its fur is made out of lasers, with a mouth darker than the absence of light, framed by pure suffering in shape of teeth. Its eyes burn with an intensity that drowns out the sun, and its roar exceeds the summation of all cries since the dawn of time.

I keep on walking, barely noticing the creature. It desperately scrambles to clear the path ahead of me, trying to gain the favour I will never grant it.

EDIT: Ah, well there's no such thing as something that challenges an ESTP, so I guess it makes sense. Even other ESTPs don't challenge ESTPs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I meant that if instead of going with your first instinct, you instead made something up to be more creative, that might defeat the purpose of the exercise.

I dunno, maybe it still worked for you anyway. In any case, it made for a cool story.
    Exactly.

A window to the soul

@Ginkgo: You skipped over some of us. Are you saving the best for last or was that Fe fail?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    @Ginkgo: You skipped over some of us. Are you saving the best for last or was that Fe fail?
    Herr Doktor works on his own time. Best not question his methods.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

@Nerd Girl, I'd say best for last.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

it's a big, brown bear. i see it from a distance walking around, and sneak off as quietly as possible trying to avoid it spotting me.

haha this was very accurate. avoid avoid avoid.