User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: The Bear Test

MBTI
    FREE

The bear is large and brown, with a massive body and relatively small head. It is haggard looking, with patches of thinning fur, although it is definitely not emaciated (perhaps it is an old bear). It is staring out across a small creek, its back to me, with some berry bushes on its right. When I spot it I experience a jolt of adrenaline; my pulse begins to quicken. Fearing for my safety I begin to back away slowly, longing to be back at my car and driving away. As I back away the bear lethargically turns around, aroused by the sounds of my presence. When it spots me I feel an immediate and overwhelming sense of impending doom, as if the bear is going to leap the 50 or so yards that separate us in an instant and devour me. For what seems like an eternity I wait, only to have the bear slowly turn back around and move across the creek. Still visibly frazzled and wanting to be amongst civilization, I speed walk back to my vehicle and drive away. Later on I tell my friends that I saw a bear while hiking, and how awesome it was.
    Last edited by Jonny; 08-31-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I imagined it, he was brown and stood up. I stood still and took some time to centre, then I checked everyone else around me ,then my mind moved to options. Then I looked at the spoiler.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's the largest bear in existence, towering far above the clouds. Its fur is made out of lasers, with a mouth darker than the absence of light, framed by pure suffering in shape of teeth. Its eyes burn with an intensity that drowns out the sun, and its roar exceeds the summation of all cries since the dawn of time.

I keep on walking, barely noticing the creature. It desperately scrambles to clear the path ahead of me, trying to gain the favour I will never grant it.

EDIT: Ah, well there's no such thing as something that challenges an ESTP, so I guess it makes sense. Even other ESTPs don't challenge ESTPs.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    @Nerd Girl

That's insanely awesome!!

Thanks!

I couldn't stand it, I had to reinvent the boring bear story, so I deviated from the OP's original storyline of, "imagine you're walking in the woods alone and you spot a bear."

Realistically, I'll be hanging out by the creek when I have a bear encounter.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    You care to offer any expert analysis of some of the responses here, Herr Ginkgo?
    Not in the thread because that may ruin the spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'll be posting a response soon. I expect a 300 word reply commenting on my contribution in my inbox within 24 hours.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You could put them in spoiler tags too.

@Ginkgo:
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I'll be posting a response soon. I expect a 300 word reply commenting on my contribution in my inbox within 24 hours.
    haha. You know what's funny? I actually had a dream a couple nights ago that I received 375 "likes" to this thread, and that function hasn't even been implemented.

My bear:

I'm walking alone; the forest glimmers with defined greens, yellows, and vibrant whites. I shift my attention from the canopy to the area in front of me, and 10 meters ahead is a massive, fuzzy black and brown bear. His muscles ripple underneath as he turns his attention towards me and rears on his back legs in a threatening posture. As you can imagine, somewhere inside I'm shitting my pants, which plops with the sound of disappointment and fear. However, I remain detached enough to handle the situation. Immediately, as the bear charges, I draw a bow and take fire, swiftly and as accurately as possible. The bear flinches, and as I strafe, backpedal, and maneuver, my arrows sink in the bear from every angle imaginable. Working past the pain, the bear lunges toward me through fields of bear traps; so I hop back and begin climbing a tree. Once I'm in a safe position, my arrows slowly nibble away at the bear until no patch of fur is left bloodless. Once it collapses, I poop on its chest and eat it.

~Fin~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Thanks!

I couldn't stand it, I had to reinvent the boring bear story, so I deviated from the OP's original storyline of, "imagine you're walking in the woods alone and you spot a bear."

Realistically, I'll be hanging out by the creek when I have a bear encounter.
    The first time I read it I thought it was a true story, but then I realized you prob'ly wrote it like that to be original, which may defeat the purpose, but was fun anyway, haha.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

@Ginkgo

How very Magenta of you.