User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: The Bear Test

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

at least yours wasn't just a live action version of the Charmin bear

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Curious - how do you interpret those answers as correlating to e9?
    I actually didn’t know if Gromit was e9, but after seeing both your answers a light kind of went off and I asked her. I don’t even really know how to explain why. I guess because the fact that seeing it leave- as part of the image that comes to mind to describe the bear scenario- seems to stand out a little bit. It’s an important enough part of what you see to mention it. Some people mention being able to pass the bear or get away from it without incident (or the bear just not caring they’re there, or getting mauled), but only you two mention picturing the bear itself leaving the scene. But then Redcheerio is e9 and she described the bear letting her exit without incident (instead of the bear being the one to leave), so I don’t know.

I don’t even really get the ‘searching for food’ thing, I just noticed it was something CF, OA, Jennifer and I pictured- so I wondered if it had something to do with e5/w5. For some reason, that’s the first thing I imagined- a bear foraging around for food. Then I noticed that it didn’t seem to care that I was there, so I wanted to watch it for a while.

And there are just a couple other answers that seem (to me) vaguely reflective of a person’s enneatype. But there are also some that seem neither here nor there to me. It’s not like I put a lot of thought into this, I just thought it was kind of interesting at first and wondered if it was occurring to anyone else. “It might even be a useful tool to find someone's enneatype.” is just me thinking aloud, it might not be useful at all.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

ReflecTcelfeR

Difficult to give it shape, but it was roughly the same size as me and aggressive, white with a long stripe going down the middle with long claws, standing on two legs... I stand my ground.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I actually didn’t know if Gromit was e9, but after seeing both your answers a light kind of went off and I asked her. I don’t even really know how to explain why. I guess because the fact that seeing it leave- as part of the image that comes to mind to describe the bear scenario- seems to stand out a little bit. It’s an important enough part of what you see to mention it. Some people mention being able to pass the bear or get away from it without incident (or the bear just not caring they’re there, or getting mauled), but only you two mention picturing the bear itself leaving the scene. But then Redcheerio is e9 and she described the bear letting her exit without incident (instead of the bear being the one to leave), so I don’t know.
    Well actually, mine mostly left. At first it was standing on its hind legs right in front of me on the path (like a hiking trail) that I was walking on, we stared at each other, then it crawled on all fours into the underbrush to the left, away from the path, and watched me walk by as it ate berries.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    at least yours wasn't just a live action version of the Charmin bear

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

My bear is a big browny-black one that's standing on all fours by the side of the road. We're both startled to see each other, assess each other for a while, then I hold out my hand and the bear walks over slowly and sniffs my hand. I give the bear a few pats on the head, and he sniffs me again then walks away into the underbrush.

A window to the soul

I was camping in Colorado one summer near Cripple Creek. After a long day fishing with no luck and all out of instant coffee, I decided to take an invigorating dip into the icey cold creek for an instant pick me up. What an incredible feeling: crystal clear water dancing over the rocks, over my toes as I inched my way in until I am half in and chillaxin on a rock daydreaming up at the sky. Suddenly, I feel something tickling my toes and look down to see a little bear cub there drinking water. I really wanted to pet him, but I've always heard the mom is nearby and will attack. So, I look around and wonder, where the heck is she? and what if I'm petting the cub and she shows up? What then, certain death? Could it be this cub is an orphan? Maybe. Maybe not. There's no time for this circular logic, this is a rare opportunity that only happens once in a lifetime, do it! So I take my chances, I pet the cub and out of sheer excitement I shouted out, "whoo hoo, I pet the bear cub and I'm still alive!!!" Startled, the cub runs away into the woods.

WORTH IT!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

@Nerd Girl

That's insanely awesome!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Some animal carcass; didn't imagine which animal.

Walking in on it was a lot like this

After reading the responses whose bears were eating things like berries, I wondered why mine couldn't have been eating something like that.
    Some bears are meatatarians, I guess...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

big brown bear catching fish. sometimes it catches.
    sometimes it misses. i think it's funny. and i run towards
    it to take fotos and pretend i'm playing national geographic.
    and wonder if jock will be my naked tribesman for my
    next shoot.

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken