User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Bear Test

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

An ugly shredded grizzly bear with one missing ear, it's fur is partly clamped with clotted blood and partly burned. It breathes heavily, stares straight at me and prepares to attack on the first movement that I make.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

The bear is huge, gigantic. We stand there, staring at each other. It is a little scruffy, and looks like it wants to eat me. But I know better. I know what to do.

I was walking through the woods, all was quiet, save for the gentle snapping of twigs as I chewed upon a Kashi bar in the dead of winter, looking for rabbits to pet. My biggest concerns were wolverines, but I knew they were fairly elusive. I walked on, looking up at the trees. It was then that I heard a gentle panting. It was chilly outside, a crisp 26 degrees (F). Despite this cold, it sounded like something was hot. Anyway, that was how I sounded when I was hot. I stopped.

All was quiet, save for some birds chirping softly in the distance, twigs breaking....

WAIT! I WASN'T MOVING! IT WAS THEN THAT......

I realized I was facing the bear! And that is how we ended up here, having a nice little stare down. Most people would have been terrified. A 12 foot tall bear (who is counting?) with 3 inch claws, and a mouth which could shred my flesh straight from my bone. The fur was matted, and I thought I saw some blood on it's arms and paws. It bared (no pun intended) its teeth at me...but then I realized IT WAS SMILING!!!

We both whip out our jet packs, and fly to Canada to feast upon salmon! We decide that a fight to the death would be a waste of time and energy. Besides, reasoning with a bear is far more interesting than fighting it.

Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

double post, sorry!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I come upon it standing on its hind legs in the middle of my path, big but not huge. We stare at each other. I'm nervous, but not as scared as I should be. I keep staring. It shrugs, gets back down on all fours and goes back to munching berries in the forest, watching me as I walk by.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I come upon it standing on its hind legs in the middle of my path, big but not huge. We stare at each other. I'm nervous, but not as scared as I should be. I keep staring. It shrugs, gets back down on all fours and goes back to munching berries in the forest, watching me as I walk by.

@redcheerio: you might wanna delete the post before that

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    @redcheerio: you might wanna delete the post before that
    Oops, thanks!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's a huge shaggy brown grizzly bear, its head craggy and larger than it has any right to be, fur thick and ruffed. It's just digging for roots and eating berries. It doesn't pay me much attention, and I walk over and rub its head with both hands. Its teeth are yellow white, its claws brackish-gray, both long and dangerously curved, but I know it will not harm me even if I could not say the same for another. When it is done eating, it lays down in the long grass, and I sit and lean against it before falling asleep.

EDIT: Darn it, I didn't know the bear had a jet pack.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

@Jennifer, too bad, your imagination limits you!

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Is anyone else noticing how enneatype appropriate these answers are? I've noticed both 4w5s and Jennifer (another e5w4) gave descriptions similar to my own: looking for something/food. Gromit and Peacebaby (both e9) both said the bear leaves them alone after a while. And there are others that seem appropriate to their enneatype as well. It makes sense, given the 'meaning' of the bear. It might even be a useful tool to find someone's enneatype.

[edit: I *think* Jennifer is 5w4, if my memory serves correct.]

Mine (which I did write before reading any others) : It’s rummaging through something for food, like in a looking for honey kind of way. It’s kind of slow moving. I’m not really afraid of it, it’s not interested in me, it’s more concerned with finding what it’s looking for. It’s big, and looks like a grizzly. It’s big enough to do real damage if it wanted to, but I don’t think it wants to, I think it really just wants to calmly find what it’s looking for.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I am walking along a hiking trail, by myself, because I am stupid and think that I can do everything by myself. The weather is gorgeous, the air is clean, all is well in the world. I am humming a happy little hiking song.
    Untill...I meet an enormous, brown, matted and ugly looking grizzly bear. It stares at me for one awkward moment. I stare right back it, because I read a magazine once where it advised to stand your ground against grizzly bears three times your size. It then stands up on its hind legs and roars. The breath is very smelly. I am scared beyond belief, but I do not move.
    And then it mauls me to death and the funeral home has a hell of a job piecing me back together for the viewing.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost