First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    WHERES WALLACE?!
    ahhh i cried so hard when they killed wallace
    the wire breaks my heart because of how realistic it is.

Pffsh...

Supposedly I'm Ronnie Pearlman. Laaaaame...

"As Rhonda you are doubtless one of the most intelligent of your peer group, and as such your intelligence is your defining trait. You could put innumerable perps behind bars with your large legal mind and your - shall we say - creative use of the law. That's right, not even a state's attorney is outside the game. Manipulating the opposition into working in your favour is second nature, but underlying it all there's a genuine belief that you are doing good. With a resume like that you could be doing anything (or anyone) you damn please."

I figured I'd be Lester Freamon.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I figured I'd be Lester Freamon.
    Not cool enough. Sorry.

MBTI
    intp

I'd have been much happier with Lester. Not a fan of Marlo.

Marlo Stanfield

61% Intelligence, 32% Morality, 61% Street-smarts, 37% Rebelliousness, 41% Industriousness, 38% Emotiveness, 71% Game and 53% Charisma!

Do it or don't. But I got some place to be.

You can sum up Marlo with one word: power. Doesn't matter what kind of power, or how you got it, all that matters to you is getting to the top and staying there. Luckily for you, and unluckily for everyone else, you've got the brains to pull it off and the foresight to keep your mouth shut. You know words aren't to be wasted, so you make each one count. You aren't ever going to have many friends, but the ones you do would probably risk their lives to keep you safe and free. Either they really, really like you, or they're really, really really terrified.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I'd have been much happier with Lester. Not a fan of Marlo.
    Well, that and the fact that Marlo is one of the least morally gray characters in the whole series. And he's doesn't lean toward white.
    Last edited by ZPowers; 08-29-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    ahhh i cried so hard when they killed wallace
    the wire breaks my heart because of how realistic it is.
    I think damn near all of Season 4 counts as most heartbreaking moment. If I had to pick one scene, though, it would be this one from Season 1:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTsyFY9TESo"]Math Lesson[/YOUTUBE]

It's hard to explain why this scene made me cry. It was like a sudden, visceral understanding of why people talk about us as a society failing kids like this. The "System" as it exists now might as well be a parallel universe for all its ability to grapple meaningfully with this child and his day-to-day reality. And if we can't provide for those who need it most, for those who are the most vulnerable what fucking good are we? I suppose that's the series in a nutshell, though.

Anyways, this thread needs more Bunk love

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5eYFH8HZ8"]Fuck[/YOUTUBE]
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Phantonym

Gus Haynes

56% Intelligence, 74% Morality, 23% Street-smarts, 28% Rebelliousness, 43% Industriousness, 52% Emotiveness, 33% Game and 23% Charisma!

Tom Wolfe wannabe, think you're gonna get a phrase like that past me? No fucking way, motherfucker!

As Gus you've got a strict sense of journalistic ethics. That doesn't sound all that laudable, but if the dissemination of factual and valuable information is the basis of a free society, then your stand against the fraudsters and embossers really does mean a damn. As such, your morality is your defining trait. You aren't one for manipulating your way up the chain of command: you believe in your job and you stick to it. If a promotion comes, then it comes. Your dependability is matched by your intelligence, but never forget that the game cares not for who has "the facts" or "ethics". Even then, I very much doubt that knowing that would stop you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Anyways, this thread needs more Bunk love
    Considering how many great characters there are in the show, I was surprised at how this thread seemed to be a shrine only to Lester so far.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Considering how many great characters there are in the show, I was surprised at how this thread seemed to be a shrine only to Lester so far.
    I think it's cause INTJs have a certain cache around here. Everyone want to be the genius masterminding things from behind the scenes, ect.

Anyways. Love Snoop as well.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE-uY7P3pe4"]Snoop![/YOUTUBE]
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Omar Little

44% Intelligence, 37% Morality, 73% Street-smarts, 53% Rebelliousness, 37% Industriousness, 32% Emotiveness, 52% Game and 40% Charisma!

I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

Congratulations. You are the most loved character on one of the most critically acclaimed shows ever. Before that starts going to your head, let's talk about what being Omar means. It means you function best on the ground, where the game is most dangerous. It means that people respect you and fear you in equal measure. It means that you have a code, but that doesn't make you a good person. It means that you will have many enemies, and few friends. It means you are part of the game, and always will be. Lesson here? If you the king, people never gonna stop coming. Not all of them will miss.

Cool. I never seen the show though.