User Tag List

First 123

ThatGirl

Your result for The Literary Style Test ...

Jorge Luis Borges

Your Literary Style Is 33% Realistic, 83% Philosophical, and 50% Psychological!

Jorge Luis Borges' literary style is very similar to your own. Borges wrote primarily philosophical fiction, often focusing solely on intellectual problems of some sort. Sometimes his stories don't even contain a plot or any character development, and are devoted solely to issues of philosophy. He was intrigued by metaphysical and espistemological problems, and virtually all of his stories reflect this interest. Your literary style is also focused almost solely on intellectual problems. Not only that, but Borges' stories are often very strange, featuring absurd settings and events, ranging from libraries with an infinite number of books to the discovery of a point in a room that allows one to see and know everything. Likewise, your own writing, by its philosophical nature, tends to be very abstract and unrealistic, focusing mostly on thought problems.

Some stories you may enjoy: "The Aleph", "The Library of Babel", and "The Theologians".

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI

Franz Kafka

Your Literary Style Is 50% Realistic, 100% Philosophical, and 83% Psychological!
    Franz Kafka's literary style is so distinct that an adjective has been coined from his name to describe similar styles. That adjective is "kafkaesque". Your own writing, obviously, is kafkaesque. Kafka wrote very strange, horrifying stories. His most famous novella involves the transformation of a man into a giant insect. His works are not only fantastic and symbolic, but they are often very philsophical and thought provoking. Many of his stories are allegorical or metaphorical, focusing on the nature of spirituality and the absurdity of life. Not only that, but his work is often intensely cerebral, delving deep into the minds of his characters and examining their psychology and the motivations for their actions. Your writing follows Kafka's example by being highly philosophical, psychological, and surrealistic.

Some stories you may enjoy: "The Metamorphasis", The Castle, The Trial, and "A Hunger Artist".

The other literary styles:

Edgar Allan Poe / Jorge Luis Borges / George Orwell / F. Scott Fitzgerald / Fyodor Dostoevsky / Herman Melville / Albert Camus

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

edger

I

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Edgar Allen Poe?

Drunk much?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Edgar Allen Poe?

Drunk much?
    edgar Allen poe was my result for the test.

I can see where I would match him. when I write or create my own stories, I can get pretty creepy. I of course end up chucking the story, because I would rather not get strange looks.

no, not drunk at the moment, my cat jumped on my keyboard.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    edgar Allen poe was my result for the test.

I can see where I would match him. when I write or create my own stories, I can get pretty creepy. I of course end up chucking the story, because I would rather not get strange looks or be labeled.

no, not drunk at the moment, my cat jumped on my keyboard.
    KITTEH!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S. how did your cat type edger?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

KITTEH!!!
    yea, she is adorable but much sometimes. she did video chat on my lap top when I was changing

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

P.S. how did your cat type edger?
    she swipes my hands when I type

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics