• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensation Seeking Test

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Confirms what I knew before: I like new experiences as long as they won't cause me physical harm, and I'm not easily bored.

Also, the question about gay people made me sad. :( Just the idea that people could consider actively seeking/avoiding "homosexuals" makes me sad. You should actively seek out cool people, and avoid jerks. Sexual orientation doesn't matter.

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 2 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 7 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 6 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 2 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 17 out of 40

P

Phantonym

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 4 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 23 out of 40

Jaguar

damn... I'd hate to see what I would have scored 5 years ago when I was in my wild child phase :laugh:

Actually, there was a blurb about that. Sensation-seeking rises in the teens and peaks in the 20's.
Then it starts to decline as one ages.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh mystery, i like that.
i used to think i was a 7 but i now know i'm too lazy and whiny. i just enjoy actin a fool :)

Sevens can't be lazy and whiny? Maybe I will have to rethink that typing too ;) ...

Whoops, Luna is a NT/SP...one of those um....those other shiny things.

The Firecracker... Yeah I scored somewhat low on blue despite being so close to NF typologically, but yes I still get a shiny type

The place is crawling with SP half-breeds. Be afraid, be very afraid.

:mariobanana:

wolfy

awsm
The boredom, disinhibition and experience results are probably true. I tend to get bored all of a sudden, at the same time. Thrill seeking seems high to me.

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 8 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 3 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 26 out of 40

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, there was a blurb about that. Sensation-seeking rises in the teens and peaks in the 20's.

yeah... I was reading a lot of the questions and thinking "should I answer those for the present, when I DON'T party, or in the past when every day was a party? :thinking:"... I'm still up for crawling through a nice cave though :cheese:

G

Ginkgo

Experience seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 7 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

:imok:

G

Ginkgo

That's because we're fucking invincible grody to the max.

Jaguar

yeah... I was reading a lot of the questions and thinking "should I answer those for the present, when I DON'T party, or in the past when every day was a party? :thinking:"... I'm still up for crawling through a nice cave though :cheese:

I used to be a wild party animal, too. :biggrin:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 2 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 9 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 3 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 16 out of 40

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 33 out of 40

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:cheers: to the days when the idea "it would be hell to get through a work day hungover! :horor:" wasn't a concept! :laugh:

I was social chair of my fraternity 2 years straight... and that's still a record :cool:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I was completely insane when I was 20. I flipped a car on its hood, 360'd another one in the middle of the freeway, beat some guy over the head with my purse when he tried to snatch it, drank too much, and yelled at people whenever I felt like it.

This was balanced by periods of reading, hanging out quietly, and taking walks down to the park. Otherwise I'd probably be dead.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
22. A. I would like to meet some people who are homosexual (men or women)
B. I stay away from anyone I suspect of being gay or lesbian

:rofl1:

SERIOUSLY???

:doh:

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 26 out of 40

Jaguar

I was completely insane when I was 20. I flipped a car on its hood, 360'd another one in the middle of the freeway, beat some guy over the head with my purse when he tried to snatch it, drank too much, and yelled at people whenever I felt like it.

I can see you beating a guy over the head with your purse! :laugh:

T

ThatGirl

I thought I would score higher. A lot of the questions were "should people" or extreme to one side or the other, so I am not sure how accurately I answered. The real answer is that I love new experiences, but I usually don't seek them out or know where to go looking for them. That's why I've dated a lot of EP guys.

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 5 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 5 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 5 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 22 out of 40

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Experience seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 2 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 17 out of 40