• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was torn between 9 and 5, I've seen this test before, and I thought it was pretty good, exactly the kind of length that these kind of tests should be :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The test point well the differences, I think. If you check:

(X) I am a person who usually maintains a positive outlook and feels that things will work out for the best. I can usually find something to be enthusiastic about and different ways to occupy myself. I like being around people and helping others to be happy--I enjoy sharing my own well-being with them. (I don't always feel great, but I try not to show it to anyone!) However, staying positive has sometimes meant that I've put off dealing with my own problems for too long.

You get 9.

But if you check

(Z) I tend to be self-controlled and logical--I am uncomfortable dealing with feelings. I am efficient--even perfectionistic--and prefer working on my own. When there are problems or personal conflicts, I try not to bring my feelings into the situation. Some say I'm too cool and detached, but I don't want my emotional reactions to distract me from what's really important to me. I usually don't show my reactions when others "get to me."

You get 5.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got 7. :D
Good job, test.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test point well the differences, I think. If you check:

You get 9.

But if you check

You get 5.

Exactly, but now that I think about it, there are some parts of Z that aren't quite right overall, but sometimes I relate to X, othertimes Z.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate to the six options personally. But whan you are really self aware, you realize wih ones really fits with you the most. It's a sort of "oh my God!" moment more than a "aha" moment.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate to the six options personally. But whan you are really self aware, you realize wih ones really fits with you the most. It's a sort of "oh my God!" moment more than a "aha" moment.

Yeah. I really agree with this. I can relate to all the answers very well if I sit there and read them one after the other and ponder them. But if I skim them quickly, seems like one evokes some kind of a reaction.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. I really agree with this. I can relate to all the answers very well if I sit there and read them one after the other and ponder them. But if I skim them quickly, seems like one evokes some kind of a reaction.

The thing is that if you are simply sat front of your PC, you can easily believe and fantasize anything about yourself. But if you are confronted with reality, your real type manifest naturally. If you are 7, you can believe you are a 1 while you're PCing but the experience of reality will force you to realize that you are wrong.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is that if you are simply sat front of your PC, you can easily believe and fantasize anything about yourself. But if you are confronted with reality, your real type manifest naturally. If you are 7, you can believe you are a 1 while you're PCing but the experience of reality will force you to realize that you are wrong.

Well, yeah. That's what I mean. Which is why it's best (well, for me anyway) not to over think it when I'm reading.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't access the test/site right now, but when reading that 5 description, there were some sentences that *really* popped out at me. Namely,

I tend to be self-controlled and logical--I am uncomfortable dealing with feelings. I am efficient--even perfectionistic--and prefer working on my own. When there are problems or personal conflicts, I try not to bring my feelings into the situation. Some say I'm too cool and detached, but I don't want my emotional reactions to distract me from what's really important to me. I usually don't show my reactions when others "get to me."

Self-control has always been a very foundational trait for me; the other bolded bits are true too. But the final sentence - not showing my reactions when others 'get to me' -- is HUGE. I mean, I purposefully do that. Most especially in conflict situations, I am very aware of the fact that I'm tamping things down, as I don't think it's 'productive' or accomplishes a whole lot to resolve conflict with emotions flying all over the place..and, I tend to think, if one person's totally all over the place, *someone* has to be the calm one. ;) I very deliberately make sure I stay calm and I detach myself. This can totally backfire of course.. in one of the conflicts in recent years, an ENTJ informed me that I was being cold and robotic. :laugh: And, of course, not expressing some of those emotions then means you very well may screw yourself over because then the other person might think you in fact aren't feeling strongly when you really are. But anyway, yeah, in conflict/charged atmospheres especially, I tamp down. My emotions show themselves in pretty much any other situation besides conflict/heated moments.

(Also, I don't want to give people the pleasure of knowing/thinking they've 'gotten to me', if they have. This is probably more of a control thing though.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, it is not the description of 5 but simply one of the options for the second question, :) you can answer that your are self-controlled and logical. The first question is about if you are assertive, compliant and isolant. If you answer that you are self-controlled, logical and assertive, you get 3, self-controlled, logical and compliant, you get one and self-controlled, assertive and withdrawing, you get 5.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, it is not the description of 5 but simply one of the options for the second question, :) you can answer that your are self-controlled and logical. The first question is about if you are assertive, compliant and isolant. If you answer that you are self-controlled, logical and assertive, you get 3, self-controlled, logical and compliant, you get one and self-controlled, assertive and withdrawing, you get 5.

haha, cool, thanks for the extra info. In any event.. what I wrote in that post is true about myself, whatever that makes me. :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test ...
4- the Individualist

Yep!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i get 8 because i don't relate much to C.

(C) I have tended to be extremely responsible and dedicated. I feel terrible if I don't keep my commitments and do what's expected of me. I want people to know that I'm there for them and that I'll do what I believe is best for them. I've often made great personal sacrifices for the sake of others, whether they know it or not. I often don't take adequate care of myself--I do the work that needs to be done and relax (and do what I really want) if there's time left.

:shrug:

i guess it's all technically true, i don't know why i resist seeing myself in it. i suppose because i tend to fall short of my own standards, and feel uncomfortable calling myself extremely responsible or dedicated, even though in comparison to the majority of people, i often am.

obviously i lean a little cp, no surprise for sx 6, i guess. :laugh:

"I am affectionate and skeptical"

Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.

How to Get Along with Me
• Be direct and clear.
• Listen to me carefully.
• Don't judge me for my anxiety.
• Work things through with me.
• Reassure me that everything is OK between us.
• Laugh and make jokes with me.
• Gently push me toward new experiences.
• Try not to overreact to my overreacting.

What I Like About Being a SIX
• being committed and faithful to family and friends
• being responsible and hardworking <-- when i actually care
• being compassionate toward others
• having intellect and wit
• being a nonconformist
• confronting danger bravely
• being direct and assertive

What's Hard About Being a SIX
• the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
• procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
• fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
• exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
• wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
• being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

SIXes as Children Often
• are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
• are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
• form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
• look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
• are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent

SIXes as Parents
• are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
• are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
• worry more than most that their children will get hurt
• sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries

this is all very accurate :yes:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Got 5 first time. Nice, nice.

5 - the Observer
you chose (answers) - your Enneagram type is FIVE (aka "The Thinker").

:wizfreak:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep your 4 down, Chloé, and take the test again.