First 678910 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
    YES NO
    All sensing types, regardless of attitude will most likely answer yes, an intuitive with a strong extraverted judging function could want to see results not just theory.
    Don't you mean Intuitive types? I thought it was they who are interested in the ideas, while the Sensor is more interested in the application.

I love the ideas of things, but I am strongly impatient with the effort it takes to realize them. Hence, most of the time, I tend to enjoy coming up with really cool ideas. (I normally don't really know how to make them a reality or even if I'm interested in it. I just love to think of cool conceptual possibilities.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

ESTP
    Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    78 53 88 33

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Don't you mean Intuitive types? I thought it was they who are interested in the ideas, while the Sensor is more interested in the application.

I love the ideas of things, but I am strongly impatient with the effort it takes to realize them. Hence, most of the time, I tend to enjoy coming up with really cool ideas. (I normally don't really know how to make them a reality or even if I'm interested in it. I just love to think of cool conceptual possibilities.)
    Not all intutive types because NPs do not necessarily need to see results. However intutive types with as strong Fe or Te may need to see results. At one point you were swaying toward INTJ. Have you considered another type? Your example seems similar to SPs when actually enjoying something, can do it repetively whereas it's my understanding that intuitive types in general may not want to continue to do something once they have the gist of it down. Again I would say this may be more prevalent in NP types.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Not all intutive types because NPs do not necessarily need to see results. However intutive types with as strong Fe or Te may need to see results. At one point you were swaying toward INTJ. Have you considered another type? Your example seems similar to SPs when actually enjoying something, can do it repetively whereas it's my understanding that intuitive types in general may not want to continue to do something once they have the gist of it down. Again I would say this may be more prevalent in NP types.
    But you said Sensing types are interested in the general idea. Being interested in the general idea is the Intuitive function at work, unless aided by an extroverted judgment function.

With me, I tend to enjoy doing repetitive tasks because the mundaneness of it allows me more energy to muse over my internal concepts. And that's the way Ni tends to work. I tend not to adapt well to changes because when everything is constant, I have no reason to come out of my inner world of abstractions.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Well, INTJs/INFJs are interested in their ideas and ideas similar to their own or from others if there's appeal. They may want to see results if it applies to them or their wants of it for others.

Uber seems an INTJ from all I've read of him. He sounds like my lil INTJ sis w/ being impatient, especially if it involves incompetent others in school whom she has to 'wait to get it' or will not just do as she says (which usually results in the end and irritates her into not wanting to work w/ people unless 100% competent). If she knows how to make w/e she wants a reality, she'll do so only if it's relevant and it can be done.

MBTI
    Zzzz

But you said Sensing types are interested in the general idea. Being interested in the general idea is the Intuitive function at work, unless aided by an extroverted judgment function.
    INFJs/INTJs are not interested in the general idea but to take that general idea and focus it into something concrete in their minds-- a decision, a plan, a concept etc - and how it's applied in the outer world depends on Fe or Te, mostly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    INFJs/INTJs are not interested in the general idea but to take that general idea and focus it into something concrete in their minds-- a decision, a plan, a concept etc - and how it's applied in the outer world depends on Fe or Te, mostly.
    Well, yeah, that's pretty much the way I think. My dreams are usually unrealistic and realizing them under my current circumstances is pretty much impossible. So I tend to live them out in my head. But I am ultimately interested in the general idea -- the big picture -- and not interested in the details that go into realizing it. My mind is always on the vision and I'm impatient with doing the practical things that make the concept real.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Well, yeah, that's pretty much the way I think. My dreams are usually unrealistic and realizing them under my current circumstances is pretty much impossible. So I tend to live them out in my head. But I am ultimately interested in the general idea -- the big picture -- and not interested in the details that go into realizing it. My mind is always on the vision and I'm impatient with doing the practical things that make the concept real.
    Yes, but if it applies to you and you can do it? You'll focus more on it being done or zoom into what you'd like done, wouldn't you? INFJs/INTJs aren't so much about doing the practical things so much as giving their visions/concepts for others to do with them for them. Unless it's personal to them, they will not want others interfering with how they want something done-- again, unless they can be of some use (not to say it's being manipulative, but if they trust the person enough). Then there's the different motivations for both. INFJs Fe wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing. INTJs Te wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Yes, but if it applies to you and you can do it? You'll focus more on it being done or zoom into what you'd like done, wouldn't you? INFJs/INTJs aren't so much about doing the practical things so much as giving their visions/concepts for others to do with them for them. Unless it's personal to them, they will not want others interfering with how they want something done-- again, unless they can be of some use (not to say it's being manipulative, but if they trust the person enough). Then there's the different motivations for both. INFJs Fe wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing. INTJs Te wanting to connect to/organize others that way once they feel confident in what they're saying/doing.
    Precisely! Which is why the world needs mindless sheep!

On the other hand, I also enjoy just coming up with ideas for fun, perhaps for their shock value, or perhaps because they're just cool. I also occasionally like to bounce ideas off of other people through discussion.

But when I'm passionate, I tend to have the vision clear in my mind and I just don't have a flock to boss around and handle the detail work that makes it real.

ISTJ

Introverted 89
    Sensing 12
    Thinking 75
    Judging 56