User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You Scored as Luxurious Upper Class
    As a member of the upper class, you will always have the satisfaction that there are many underneath you to slave for your every need and want. Live the high life.

Luxurious Upper Class
    83%
    Upper middle Class
    71%
    Middle Class
    63%
    alternative
    50%
    Lower Class
    50%

Accurate test.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Edgar would say that identifying class with your job speaks of middle class behavior already, maybe.
    When it comes to describing class, Edgar likes to quote Fussell, and Fussell claims that middle class mostly identify status by which university one went to. Also middle class are generally fraught with class insecurity, like YWIR
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    LOL

When it comes to describing class, Edgar likes to quote Fussell, and Fussell claims that middle class mostly identify status by which university one went to. Also middle class are generally fraught with class insecurity, like YWIR
    Really? I would think that would be upper middle class. What about those high income business guys with little or no higher education? I used to have an old friend who bragged that he didn't go to school, just got a bunch of certificates to become an engineer. Makes around 95k a year. What does that make him? (I'm not arguing, but am curious of what you thought.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

alternative
    50%
    Upper middle Class
    50%
    Lower Class
    46%
    Middle Class
    38%
    Luxurious Upper Class
    13%

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Really? I would think that would be upper middle class. What about those high income business guys with little or no higher education? I used to have an old friend who bragged that he didn't go to school, just got a bunch of certificates to become an engineer. Makes around 95k a year. What does that make him? (I'm not arguing, but am curious of what you thought.)
    Bragging = working class.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Bragging = working class.
    Talking about what university you went to or what you do for a living sounds like bragging, too!

I always felt that he had a right to brag. It wasn't really overt bragging so much as mentioning it once in a while.
    He came from upper middle class family environment. (In my eyes, though I'm really questioning my knowledge on the subject, since I haven't had much formal education on the topic, and so everybody's class seems to relate back to a comparison to my own class, defined by me.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Talking about what university you went to or what you do for a living sounds like bragging, too!
    Well, probably it sounds like bragging to you, but I believe that might be some form of insecurity (or maybe different traditions, dunno). Sometimes they're just random topics of conversation, it depends on the context. Anyway, anyone bragging about their ability to become *something* without study or w/e here would be considered working class, but I don't know if it can be extended to the US.

I always felt that he had a right to brag. It wasn't really overt bragging so much as mentioning it once in a while.
    He came from upper middle class family environment. (In my eyes, though I'm really questioning my knowledge on the subject, since I haven't had much formal education on the topic, and so everybody's class seems to relate back to a comparison to my own class, defined by me.)
    Well, maybe he wasn't even bragging then. Anyway, having the right to brag but not doing it is one of the first steps towards possibily ascending the social ladder. Not that I think I can do it, but false (or real) modesty are generally classy.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Well, most of the questions are in regards to finances, which is not something I am in control of right now, hence my earlier post.

Your job is your source of wealth and power, the foundation that supports the type of house you buy, the area you live in, the educational level available to you and your children, the people that associate with you, the resources you can access, etc etc.

If I did the test based on my situation right now, I'd probably fall into the upper/middle class category.

This test didn't ask about any of that at all, which is what made it strange. Most of the questions ask about your views on things. (Which is why "alternative" is a result for some people. Though the people who ended up with that answer may have a well defined lifestyle monetarily, they don't mentally choose to participate in societies class statuses, and therefore don't belong to a class.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't even think that looking at your job that way makes much sense, but perhaps there are other factors I need to consider. I know some working class guys that through their intellectual "sophistication" generally tend to gravitate towards upper-middle and/or even ex-nobilty friends (I'm not speaking about myself, I don't know anything about literature) yet they still work filling shelves at the grocery store. Although, perhaps their intellectual sophistication is a byproduct of their parents' social class.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, probably it sounds like bragging to you, but I believe that might be some form of insecurity (or maybe different traditions, dunno). Sometimes they're just random topics of conversation, it depends on the context. Anyway, anyone bragging about their ability to become *something* without study or w/e here would be considered working class, but I don't know if it can be extended to the US.

Well, maybe he wasn't even bragging then. Anyway, having the right to brag but not doing it is one of the first steps towards possibily ascending the social ladder. Not that I think I can do it, but false (or real) modesty are generally classy.
    It does sound like bragging to me when someone talks about what school they went to. (Especially an Ivy League school.) I think this is because of my upbringing. You may be right about the friend. I guess bragging isn't the word... or too strong of a word, perhaps. I think truly becoming something here without education is actually a really big deal. (and smart, too. Education costs an arm and a leg here. It's better to try to find a way around it. To skip out on tens of thousands of dollars in debt but still make more than anyone else is something only very skilled people can do.) Then again, it could be still considered working class, I'm not sure.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't even think that looking at your job that way makes much sense, but perhaps there are other factors I need to consider. I know some working class guys that through their intellectual "sophistication" generally tend to gravitate towards upper-middle and/or even ex-nobilty friends (I'm not speaking about myself, I don't know anything about literature) yet they still work filling shelves at the grocery store. Although, perhaps their intellectual sophistication is a byproduct of their parents' social class.
    I think intellectual sophistication has more to do with level of intelligence and interest in intellectual subjects.

I'm not sure if this is different in Europe, but I don't see why it would be.