• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you envision time?

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
For me, the past is to my left, present in front and future to my right, but the past is lower down than the future so it's a sort of diagonal line... that makes moving things up and down a bit more confusing xD

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
They are vertical lines, scrolling across a plane, maintaning the same interval, each with it's own sort of fading trail. The past is to my left, the present directly foward but also lower than the others, and the future is to my right.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Time is an illusion. The only time now is party time.

I imagined it like drops dripping into a pool, with full blown ripple effect and everything. WTF does that mean?

Could the ripples be logically possible future states of affairs? The drop would be the present, where the drop hits the pool would be when the present meets the future, and distinct points on the circumfrence of the ripples would be what is possible relative to where and when the present hits the future--the further from the center, the further into the future, and the more possibilities?

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm a classic INFJ. The past is behind me, I'm standing in the present and the future is in front of me. Time is flowing through me from past to the future. The linguistic conventions confuse me and I clarify them. This is all very clear to me.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
time, to me, is a track on which existences collide and react. my lifespan is all existence that intersects with mine.

timesi5.gif

at the present, i am intersecting with a small portion of all that exists. as time extends into the future, the possible things which i might cross widens, and the immediate past is retained in its most static form (as it is the most applicable to the present) while the distant past is memorized loosely so as to be applied to the present more fluidly.

i can see that a lot of people have a more abstract conceptualization of time, mine is more tactile in nature

miggies

MBTI Type
ENFP
i believe that time is in a never ending loop, it is been made quite obvious through out history that we tend to repeat the same action made either by our selves or made by others, there is also beliefs that the dejaveu experience is time over lapping its self to catch up with the present of the current past, that is also why you see/hear about people that are extremely cognitive about what is going on around them or is going to happen to them, be not that like the theorized ability of future sight just heightened awareness

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I visualize it on an axis, of course

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It varies depending on scale.

Days are a sine wave, noon high, midnight low, but not viewed as a two-dimensional plane in front of me. My mind hovers for an "isometric view."

Weeks are best described as horizontally-oriented ovals. with Monday and Friday the outermost points.

Years are a circle made of months OR days (Jan 1. far left), and I zoom in for Month/Day detail

About a century in the past/future is a line which extends to the left and right respectively, detailed with images related to my knowledge/prediction of events and "fashion."

Longer intervals continue this line with less detail.

After reading the article: I believe I am indeed NP. :cool: *does objectivity*

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
One long horizontal line.

Now isn't that just the most exciting thing you've heard today?;)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Future - in front of me as in...miles in front of me or maybe just far enough in front of me that I'd never touch it.
Past - to my left and a little behind me...close enough to touch.
Present - where I'm standing.

This is all a physical representation. I suppose mentally I imagine time as film rolled up tightly in a canister--a coil--where sometimes parts of time touch each other, and when that happens you get very odd and inexplicable things occuring.

It's thrilling, Bella. ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's really quite interesting to see that NJs and NPs seem to have completely different systems here, and those within a category have similar stories. I am the opposite of nonplussed. I am quite plussed.

ygolo, you must be INTJ, man. Infidel!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
well maybe I'm wrong, maybe ISTJ's do come off the factory assembly line complete with names.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I see objects and their moving or some change.
Then I start to drive time foward or back wards with speed x1,x2,x3 or x1000 .....

What I want to say is that I don't see time as something that goes in a single direction.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is something I've always noticed.

Treating time as space, with years or months being like "states", holidays as "cities", and holiday seasons as "metropolitan areas".

When looking it it from an "observer" position, time generally proceeds left to right. When imagining hypothetical "traveling" through it (as in a vehicle), it is forward, but in a south and/or westbound direction. (And that also can be viewd as an observer going left to right). This probably stems from the direction the sun moves, coupled with the alignment of the east coast and the continental US in general. (Heading south/west is like a form of progress; moving to greener pastures, etc).

With NP's; I'll bet it's that right-brain thing.