User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I ALWAYS picture this picture

in my mind when I think of 'time'. Which does nothing for me because it's space time, and well, it doesn't really go beyond that. I just imagine some kind of planet in this little ditch.

Time confuses the heck out of me. I feel like I can never really grasp the concept of time. I feel like time is everywhere, it's like a substance in the air and it doesn't have a direction. I mean, I know we live in linear time, but I never really think about it like that. But I guess as the article says, I never seem to have a problem linguisitically with concepts of time. I get it. I don't get how you mix 'up' and back' to be honest. But I mix up 'early' or 'late' when speaking of time differences between different clocks quite often, and I'm terrible when it's Daylight Savings Time. I'm never sure if I'm gaining or losing until someone tells me.

MBTI
    INTJ

The future is above me. If I reach my hands up high I touch it with the tips of my fingers. It spreads out vast up in the air.

The present is all around me. It takes a kind of egg shape flowing around me.

The past is under me. It starts at the bottom of my shoes and goes straight down. Two long thin straight beams.

I was a little suprised because I have some things on visualization and they always have the future as being in front of you.

Ilah

MBTI
    INFP

Past is left and rising, present is level, future is right and gradually elevated.

Days are clockwise, weeks are linear, years are counterclockwise and millenia are linear but more monolithic than weeks.

All of it is paradoxicaly connected and runs within a model of itself, but the model isn't "it." Can't explain it in words!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

Years are a circle made of months OR days (Jan 1. far left), and I zoom in for Month/Day detail
    I see years similary, except the orientation of January is determined by which month I'm in. I'm like a bug on the face of a clock. Furthermore, the preceding and subsequent years spiral down and up, respectively, from the circle, when I zoom out.

NJs tend to indicate the future in front of them, the present right where they are standing, and the past right behind them.

NPs tend to indicate the future off to the right, the past off to the left, and the present a few feet in front of them.

When questioned, NPs generally say that they observe time flow past them, whereas NJs generally say they are right in the middle of the flow.
    I've never thought of time from the NP view, that seems weird. I'm definitely in the middle of the flow.

I'm also on the NJ side when it comes to the other article.
    We'll move the meeting up a day -- that is, from Wednesday to Tuesday
    this is like something I'd say, even though I would regret the redundancy, because I think about time as consecutive instances, not placement of objects relative to other objects.
    I don't wanna!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Hmm. Perhaps, booyalab, you should start a blog titled "You might be an INTJ if..."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

In order to make the spatial images work, they try to associate them with concrete landmarks from their own experience -- like associating yearly intervals with school semesters, so that other events can be associated with specific experiences rather than the intervals themselves.
    This is me. I associate time with jobs, school, relationships, and even sports. For anything that happened in 1987, that's when the Cardinals lost to the Twins in the World Series.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

I did this and even though I am positively an INFJ, I "acted out" time in the same way that NPs do. I picture time from left (past) to right (future) and it is in weekly segments that are connected to eachother and fold up along saturday night. Monday is always the most to the left and saturday is the most to the right. Sunday floats around and is usually next to monday but on the other side, so that the weekly segment is in between sunday and I.
    I 11% N 25% F 50% J 56%

Global 5: SCOEX, sc|O|ex
    S(56%)C(56%)O(70%)E(60%)X(50%)

1w9 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

I think of time as segments, filled with certain events, feelings, nuances, etc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

That's some interesting stuff, though I think I seem to be more in the middle between NJ and NP, based on the descriptions. My vision of time began in front of me, with light blue/white/silvery, warbling tendrils that extended on to infinity. Only the time stream and myself were in this vast space of white, too, if that matters.

Funnily enough, though, my past, present, and future (in that order, coming from the start of the time) were all close together and next to me, despite the other places where I could have put it.

I guess that works with the fact that I tend to work on a smaller scale of things-- everything's under a close-by, compact scope.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel