User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

For me, the past is to my left, present in front and future to my right, but the past is lower down than the future so it's a sort of diagonal line... that makes moving things up and down a bit more confusing xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

They are vertical lines, scrolling across a plane, maintaning the same interval, each with it's own sort of fading trail. The past is to my left, the present directly foward but also lower than the others, and the future is to my right.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Time is an illusion. The only time now is party time.

I imagined it like drops dripping into a pool, with full blown ripple effect and everything. WTF does that mean?
    Could the ripples be logically possible future states of affairs? The drop would be the present, where the drop hits the pool would be when the present meets the future, and distinct points on the circumfrence of the ripples would be what is possible relative to where and when the present hits the future--the further from the center, the further into the future, and the more possibilities?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I'm a classic INFJ. The past is behind me, I'm standing in the present and the future is in front of me. Time is flowing through me from past to the future. The linguistic conventions confuse me and I clarify them. This is all very clear to me.

MBTI
    istp

time, to me, is a track on which existences collide and react. my lifespan is all existence that intersects with mine.

at the present, i am intersecting with a small portion of all that exists. as time extends into the future, the possible things which i might cross widens, and the immediate past is retained in its most static form (as it is the most applicable to the present) while the distant past is memorized loosely so as to be applied to the present more fluidly.

i can see that a lot of people have a more abstract conceptualization of time, mine is more tactile in nature

MBTI
    ENFP

i believe that time is in a never ending loop, it is been made quite obvious through out history that we tend to repeat the same action made either by our selves or made by others, there is also beliefs that the dejaveu experience is time over lapping its self to catch up with the present of the current past, that is also why you see/hear about people that are extremely cognitive about what is going on around them or is going to happen to them, be not that like the theorized ability of future sight just heightened awareness

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I visualize it on an axis, of course
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It varies depending on scale.

Days are a sine wave, noon high, midnight low, but not viewed as a two-dimensional plane in front of me. My mind hovers for an "isometric view."

Weeks are best described as horizontally-oriented ovals. with Monday and Friday the outermost points.

Years are a circle made of months OR days (Jan 1. far left), and I zoom in for Month/Day detail

About a century in the past/future is a line which extends to the left and right respectively, detailed with images related to my knowledge/prediction of events and "fashion."

Longer intervals continue this line with less detail.

After reading the article: I believe I am indeed NP. *does objectivity*

MBTI
    ISTJ

One long horizontal line.

Now isn't that just the most exciting thing you've heard today?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Future - in front of me as in...miles in front of me or maybe just far enough in front of me that I'd never touch it.
    Past - to my left and a little behind me...close enough to touch.
    Present - where I'm standing.

This is all a physical representation. I suppose mentally I imagine time as film rolled up tightly in a canister--a coil--where sometimes parts of time touch each other, and when that happens you get very odd and inexplicable things occuring.

It's thrilling, Bella.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost