• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pierley/Redford Dissociative Affect Diagnostic

gromit

likes this
I tried again picking shapes I liked:
You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

I am a little like that, dedicated to family and friendship and values and stuff, but I like eccentric people a lot...

T

ThatGirl

Hmm that fits me pretty well. :thinking:
Maybe it isn't Forer.

Lol, I don't remember coming across that result Jag!

Edit: Even if it is Forer I am still curious as to the reasoning for assigning certain profiles to certain people. The descriptions may not be 100% accurate but it doesn't mean it is completely absent of structure.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i did it again based on just which shape i liked better, and i got a result that doesn't fit me at all.

interesting.

--

new idea: it says it's based on intuitive reactions. so, i'm going to go with whichever result i feel a "pulse" to go with first, regardless of how i feel about it.

new answer: nope. haha. that one's not me either.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ouch, those lights gave me a headache...

"Blustering through the world with the finesse of a thunderstorm, you are a natural leader, a creator of consensus. You will often plan out the future in deliberate and at times frustrating detail. This ability to create and to plan is sometimes expressed as a facility for the telling of tall tales.Your friends often find themselves assigned tasks or roles within the group. This can be very useful when action is called for and equally annoying when the idea at hand is rest and relaxation. When challenged, however, you can become cold and argumentative. Your understanding of the world is deliberate and well thought out. Your emotion comes in two varieties, either restrained and sincere, or else melodramatic and loud and usually inauthentic. Affection for you is best expressed through action, by doing things for the people you care about. This need to always be proactive can lead you to feel that there is no end to the trouble in your life."

The instructions say: "The associated questions should be answered without tying these shapes to any narrative or storyline".

Good luck. :D

I was automatically trying to do that the whole time :laugh: Next thing they'll tell me is to not press the big glowy red button....

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I tried doing what marm said and answering with the shape I liked, and I got this:

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Doesn't particularly describe me. Most people aren't exactly getting 'Wow that is so true!' results, so I doubt the results mean anything. I'm curious about how it's supposed to work in theory though...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, I got INTP!

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

G

garbage

Yeah, hardly any of these answers particularly scream "Forer." It's kind of neat that it has any accuracy at all, given how it makes its measurements.

T

ThatGirl

Id be curious if the people who tested and didn't receive an accurate description could look through the others people have posted and chose one they think describes them better with a rating as to the accuracy level of that particularly chosen profile?

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Tried it again.

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.​

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Id be curious if the people who tested and didn't receive an accurate description could look through the others people have posted and chose one they think describes them better with a rating as to the accuracy level of that particularly chosen profile?

The one SuchIrony posted would be about 90% accurate for me.

G

garbage

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.​

This one would've been about 90% accurate for me, too.

I'd say that mine was around 70%.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

all very true
damn

KDude

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Always happy in a crowd, you love to converse, to relate, and above all to have fun. You tend to think in a more holistic manner than many others. Like a crow you are attracted to shiny objects, new ideas, playful exciting colors and the thrill of a new personal relationship. You love to talk or gossip. You are highly invested in the reality of day-to-day life. Practicality is far more important than issues of honor or allegiance. You are a creature of the here and now. You are a natural multi-tasker, often switching mid-thought from one duty to another. You have a flair for presenting your personality in your work, and are known as a great storyteller and natural actor. You are very skilled at taking in a barrage of information and distilling what is most important from it. Naturally charming, you are quick to win new friends. Over stimulation is a danger.

THis is pretty dead on, actually. I think its saying I'm a sensor though?

KDude

THis is pretty dead on, actually. I think its saying I'm a sensor though?

I don't think so. Holistic, new ideas, new beginnings with people, overstimulation, swallowing up a lot of information and distilling it.. all could be an active Ne dominant. Practicality over issues of honor is more about an inclusive nature, rather than "practicality" in some work/duty sense.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that one actually sounds ENTP to me.

Jaguar

"Which location is unsafe?" My answer was, neither.
"Which area is pretending?" My answer was, neither.
"Where is the sin?" My answer was, neither.

I could list more, but 3 is enough to make the point.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
"This is an exploration of your brain's affective response system. Nonverbal, emotional reactions to shape tableau will target the portion of your brain that is intuitive and pre-lingual. The associated questions should be answered without tying theses shapes to any narrative or storyline.... There are 20 questions. Your answers will be tabulated at the end and your responses measured against our reference group."

The excerpted language from the introduction reads as follows:
"These shapes are based on neutral linkage maps from the brains of reptiles and primitive mammals, ancestors to mankind. Associated questions have been culled from the communication methodologies of those with dissociative personality disorder in order tp probe the link between emotional understanding and language."

The flash-based test is hosted on Richard Horton's portfolio site, which shows no other signs of inclination towards an interest in the mapping of neural links, nor a hint at who Pierly and Redford might be. Searches for the names or this diagnostic turn up many blogs, Tumblrs and the like that have posted links to the test, nothing more.

SO who the hell is RIchard Horton? Well, if he is in wiki, he is either a physiologist from London, a Police Blogger, or a Sci-Fi reading, short story writer.

Now, he could be the phsyiologist. Dissosciative is in a way, people who are not wired to their brain properly. Underlying things like detachment from ones own body experience, out of body experience, seeing the outside world as off or mechanical, waking amnesia, multiple personality disorder, and I think they have linked it to some kind of abuse or trauma. Neil Walsch would say it is a soul that did not correctly connect or link up to the brain =P

He could also very well be the sci-fi geek.