• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pierley/Redford Dissociative Affect Diagnostic

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought the test was interesting. I tried to research the specific theories behind it and came up empty. Would have been cool to know which reflexes come from what area and how they put together the profiles. :(

I tried taking the test about fifty times, and probably came up with every result they had, and working hypothesis I could, but aside from the understanding of my own subconscious and why I chose the pictures I did, I've got nothing.

What was interesting is the amount of people who are creeped out by the test. That made me lmao.

I think it's interesting that both of my responses were somewhat correct, but even more correct when I simply chose the shape I liked best instead of trying to directly correlate to the question or statement.

This gives me pause as to whether the test is designed to see who actually pays attention to the questions and answers accordingly, and who does not, or if it simply gives a more accurate answer when you choose the shape you like best.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i find this kind of stupid. :laugh:

the result is accurate enough but it seems like it could easily be one of those blanket-statement-could-fit-anyone type deals.

Your power comes from an ability to sense how things might be and to proclaim this possibility with a great force and willingness to act. You have a tendency to be romantic, and can be an idealist. This sense of how the world can be is often expressed with self-deprecatory humor. Because of your need to address the immediacy of the moment, you may not think things through to their logical end, relying instead on a feeling for how a situation SHOULD end. You need to be liked and appreciated by others, although your attention often wanders. Sometimes you neglect old friends in favor of a new or exciting acquaintance. You have a real difficulty being alone. Often you will seem to know how to handle a situation without exactly knowing HOW you know this. Your thoughts are often shallow. While in the excitement of the moment you can obsess about a task at hand. If it should become rote and unexciting, however, it can be dropped just as quickly.

my thoughts are shallow? ouch lol

wolfy

awsm
Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Personally, I liked the results. Thus, I like the test.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i find this kind of stupid.

the result is accurate enough but it seems like one of those blanket-statement-could-fit-anyone type deals.

...but it sounds ENFP, kinda.

T

ThatGirl

I think it's interesting that both of my responses were somewhat correct, but even more correct when I simply chose the shape I liked best instead of trying to directly correlate to the question or statement.

This gives me pause as to whether the test is designed to see who actually pays attention to the questions and answers accordingly, and who does not, or if it simply gives a more accurate answer when you choose the shape you like best.

Idk, my profile was pretty spot on and I think anyone who knows me IRL would agree with almost every point. At least it is exactly how I see myself to be, good and bad. I cleared my mind, looked at the questions, processed a feeling then picked the shape I felt the most drawn to.

While I was researching, there were several that I was on the fence about, but even when I changed those I came up with the same result when testing from my own perspective.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Idk, my profile was pretty spot on and I think anyone who knows me IRL would agree with almost every point. At least it is exactly how I see myself to be, good and bad. I cleared my mind, looked at the questions, processed a feeling then picked the shape I felt the most drawn to.

While I was researching, there were several that I was on the fence about, but even when I changed those I came up with the same result when testing from my own perspective.

I thought the first paragraph you posted sounded like you, and I've only talked to you on vent.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

Uhm...sure? :shrug:

T

ThatGirl

For
Four
For her
Forer effect

I thought about that and even looked at other forums where this was posted and the feedback it was given there. A lot of the profiles seem to have subtitles that are in contradiction but the general descriptions are very tailored to one specific experience or emotion.

Saying I have a tendency to piss off my boss by taking over the decision making process is hardly a mass generalization that will apply to most people.

There is a structure here, I just can't figure out what it is.

Edit: Also my ability to recreate the specific result at will shows it wasn't just handing out random profiles.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought about that and even looked at other forums where this was posted and the feedback it was given there. A lot of the profiles seem to have subtitles that are in contradiction but the general descriptions are very tailored to one specific experience or emotion.

Saying I have a tendency to piss off my boss by taking over the decision making process is hardly a mass generalization that will apply to most people.

There is a structure here, I just can't figure out what it is.

I agree with you totally. I don't think your description would have fit me AT ALL, neither would the one about being uber-logical and mathematical that some people said looked INTP. I also wouldn't fit at all to the one where it says I would follow rules, or be an inspector, or care about convention...I've looked around on the web for some of the results, and I think the two I got fit me best, perhaps the second one more so, although I relate to the emphasis on freedom and "conveniently ignoring rules" and taking attacks on my freedom personally...that is so much like me, although I would not say I am as practical as that description.

I think both were IxFP, one S, the other N.

gromit

likes this
It doesn't really sound that much me except for a couple bits:

Thoughtful to the extreme, you are often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing your own personal interests. Your world is black and white. You love to work within a logical system, such as language, computer programming, or mathematics. Manipulating a system that can be completely understood is a distinct pleasure to you, because of your confidence in the underlying veracity of your belief system. Because of your appreciation for logic and order, those who speak or think in a sloppy manner are apt to generate more than their share of wrath. Although very amiable, you are not drawn to friendships out of a sense of personal need. You are just as happy by yourself with a good book or puzzle. Because you are so involved with thought, you will on occasion have difficulty dealing with the day-to-day problems of a normal life. Taking out the trash, doing the dishes, these are often left until the last possible moment, if at all.

I got a little frustrated by the questions toward the end and just started picking B so it would be over, though...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It doesn't really sound that much me except for a couple bits:

I got a little frustrated by the questions toward the end and just started picking B so it would be over, though...

Try picking the image you like best and see what happens if you got frustrated with the questions and just started choosing "B." :laugh:

That will never give you the right answer!

wolfy

awsm
I got the same answer clicking on the ones I like. I chose some different ones, I'm sure.

Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

T

ThatGirl

Lol Marm, I just tried that and got the poetic result.

Perhaps that profile is centered on what is most harmonious and aesthetically pleasing?

gromit

likes this
I tried once more to really focus on those weird questions and got a bit different result:

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

Much more accurate, actually, but I don't really relate to the sport examples...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I tried once more to really focus on those weird questions and got a bit different result:

Much more accurate, actually, but I don't really relate to the sport examples...

Aha! Looks like you got ISFP!

I think this is a good test.