• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Magic: The Gathering Color Test

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I meant more that Fi would fuel Ti. Is integrity the manifestation of this principle?

G

Ginkgo

I meant more that Fi would fuel Ti. Is integrity the manifestation of this principle?

Firstly, there's an infinite number of behaviors that could arise out of any given function. Anyone could have integral actions. Logical thoughts are integral, though integrity isn't exclusive to logical thoughts.

I don't know what "Fi fueling Ti" means. Last I checked, they were oppositional functions. Do they give rise to each other? It depends on the individual.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If Fi represents values and Ti represents an internal logical system, then if you valued that logical system wouldn't that mean Ti is a value of Fi? Infinite would include mine I suppose, we'll go with that.

G

Ginkgo

If Fi represents values and Ti represents an internal logical system, then if you valued that logical system wouldn't that mean Ti is a value of Fi? Infinite would include mine I suppose, we'll go with that.

Typological permutations are arranged according to preference. If someone preferred Ti, then they would already have an inclination toward impersonal judgement.

Aside from that, yes it would be possible for someone to value their logic. Everyone does, whether they know it or not.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

So the preference for Ti cancels the Fi out. So what does Introverted Feeling represent when talking about logical systems? I mean to say how does Fi come to play if it does value logical constitency, or that's what integrity means... which is the valued version of Ti?

G

Ginkgo

So the preference for Ti cancels the Fi out. So what does Introverted Feeling represent when talking about logical systems? I mean to say how does Fi come to play if it does value logical constitency, or that's what integrity means... which is the valued version of Ti?

Only one function can be used at any given time. This means that if one's mind was occupied by Fi, then one could not be using Ti simultaneously. However, having a preference for Fi would not restrict one from using Ti, or even preferring Ti under Fi. Moreover, preference orders aren't static.

Fi is a function through which we value things, but Fi itself does not value things. If a person valued logic, or if a logical person valued things, then those thoughts could be expressed in so many ways.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

So, let me talk this out. An idea is like a tree without decorations (we'll go with a holiday theme). The idea is the tree and when creating it we use one function at a time in which to offer it to the world. This would work in congruence with the fact that you could only use one function at a time, but eventually come up with an idea that considers many at one time. Good analogy?

G

Ginkgo

Are you high?

I mean... it's alright if you are I guess, but I would like to know...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I am not, just making analogies. Though I am asked that question quite a bit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, let me talk this out. An idea is like a tree without decorations (we'll go with a holiday theme). The idea is the tree and when creating it we use one function at a time in which to offer it to the world. This would work in congruence with the fact that you could only use one function at a time, but eventually come up with an idea that considers many at one time. Good analogy?

I think it's a good analogy, but according to function theory this would mean that someone would still be preferring Ti's version of the tree. It's one of the reasons why I gave up function theory - too much of it is so speculative and impossible to prove, too many contradictions and similar behaviors that can be explained by seemingly endless combinations of functions.

Well, you know that, and the fact that I felt I could no longer associate myself with the Fi-ers on this board, as a whole. Their recent outcry of indignation over Fi definitions, combined with what seems to me as shockingly immature and rude behavior being explained away supposedly as "Fi" makes me quite suspicious.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If function theory is about preference though this analogy would allow more than 16 combinations. As if you tailor it to your own needs you can use any combination of the eight functions you wish. So yes the decorations on a tree may be more one function than the other, but you could do an Ne, Se, Ti, Ni tree if you'd like, or something like that... This is a rudimentary idea.

I think the ambiguity of this theory lends itself to the concept that it allows the ability to define a greater amount of people. Nothing is necessarily wrong, which is an Ne-er's dream.

G

Ginkgo

And why is this, Tater?

It's not really a question of "why", but of "how". :)

The functions are dichotomous, split, and bimodal. It's quite clear. They do not blend into each other, though it is not surprising that MBTI typology has managed to convince some that they do by depicting behavior. Behavior is varied and not so clear.

If two functions were to blend, they would no longer be two. They would be lost to the new product.

G

Ginkgo

I play this White card:

wrathofgod.jpg

/end thread

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't need to take this test to know which one I got since I always get white.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If function theory is about preference though this analogy would allow more than 16 combinations. As if you tailor it to your own needs you can use any combination of the eight functions you wish. So yes the decorations on a tree may be more one function than the other, but you could do an Ne, Se, Ti, Ni tree if you'd like, or something like that... This is a rudimentary idea.

I think the ambiguity of this theory lends itself to the concept that it allows the ability to define a greater amount of people. Nothing is necessarily wrong, which is an Ne-er's dream.

Well, it's my nightmare because while most people on-line (and I should say specifically on this site, not on LiveJournal, LiveJournal friends are more inclined still to believe INFJ) are convinced of ENFP. Then I've gotten ENFJ, ESFP, ISFP, and even ISTJ. I think I've even gotten INTJ twice from two fools who didn't know how to type. In person I got ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFJ, and one person who thought ESFP.

I mean, what a bunch of shit. Really. It's so much easier for me to look at the four dichotomies and know for sure I'm an INFJ, because strictly from Keirsey/four dichotomies I'm INFJ, no doubt.