User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I also wonder about the fact that your biggest value could be to always be logically consistent.
    I think that would be called integrity.

ReflecTcelfeR

I meant more that Fi would fuel Ti. Is integrity the manifestation of this principle?

Ginkgo

I meant more that Fi would fuel Ti. Is integrity the manifestation of this principle?
    Firstly, there's an infinite number of behaviors that could arise out of any given function. Anyone could have integral actions. Logical thoughts are integral, though integrity isn't exclusive to logical thoughts.

I don't know what "Fi fueling Ti" means. Last I checked, they were oppositional functions. Do they give rise to each other? It depends on the individual.

ReflecTcelfeR

If Fi represents values and Ti represents an internal logical system, then if you valued that logical system wouldn't that mean Ti is a value of Fi? Infinite would include mine I suppose, we'll go with that.

Ginkgo

If Fi represents values and Ti represents an internal logical system, then if you valued that logical system wouldn't that mean Ti is a value of Fi? Infinite would include mine I suppose, we'll go with that.
    Typological permutations are arranged according to preference. If someone preferred Ti, then they would already have an inclination toward impersonal judgement.

Aside from that, yes it would be possible for someone to value their logic. Everyone does, whether they know it or not.

ReflecTcelfeR

So the preference for Ti cancels the Fi out. So what does Introverted Feeling represent when talking about logical systems? I mean to say how does Fi come to play if it does value logical constitency, or that's what integrity means... which is the valued version of Ti?

Ginkgo

So the preference for Ti cancels the Fi out. So what does Introverted Feeling represent when talking about logical systems? I mean to say how does Fi come to play if it does value logical constitency, or that's what integrity means... which is the valued version of Ti?
    Only one function can be used at any given time. This means that if one's mind was occupied by Fi, then one could not be using Ti simultaneously. However, having a preference for Fi would not restrict one from using Ti, or even preferring Ti under Fi. Moreover, preference orders aren't static.

Fi is a function through which we value things, but Fi itself does not value things. If a person valued logic, or if a logical person valued things, then those thoughts could be expressed in so many ways.

ReflecTcelfeR

So, let me talk this out. An idea is like a tree without decorations (we'll go with a holiday theme). The idea is the tree and when creating it we use one function at a time in which to offer it to the world. This would work in congruence with the fact that you could only use one function at a time, but eventually come up with an idea that considers many at one time. Good analogy?

Ginkgo

Are you high?

I mean... it's alright if you are I guess, but I would like to know...

ReflecTcelfeR

I am not, just making analogies. Though I am asked that question quite a bit.