User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO READ THE BOOK THEN!

Lol, oh well, I have a feeling my answers were pretty generic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am not exactly sure what these scores mean.

A little disappointed with the shallow analysis of the end result. Is there more of a theory behind what they mean? What it says about you and others, or in comparison?
    Google: pragmatist thinking style harrison bramson
    Also, their book - The Art of Thinking, compares the styles (especially in the workplace).

ThatGirl

Yeah I did, this sounds like ISTP. I relate to some points highly disagree with others.

I wonder if it is an error in the test or the way I took it. From my understanding it was more focused on how one interacts with a situation more so than what they already approach it with.

For instance analysis usually happens by default, so I would't begin actively with that approach and wouldn't revisit it until late down the line, if the initial understanding was proven unacceptable.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Clearly, we're not talking about the same thing.
    I set this thread up to collect data.
    My initial comment was about the data, having just provided some of my own, which I am quite happy to leave up, regardless of what any subesequent poster may deduce from it. It was not a particularly serious comment, granted, but I find your reactions as puzzling as the implicit accusation of "trolling" was needless.

If you have any more immature remarks about my scores, feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
    Just thought I'd note that I don't think that loaded rhetoric is a particularly effective means of conflict resolution. If you thought I was actually intending to do the thing of which you are accusing me, I very much doubt that you would actually want to have a private discussion on the subject. Rhetorical content aside, I'm quite happy to follow your suggestion. I'm not therefore going to say more about this here.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Yeah I did, this sounds like ISTP. I relate to some points highly disagree with others.
    Orangey is an ISTP. Her scores from the test in 2009 gave her: analyst/realist. (Both were 60 and above.) Actually, her pragmatist score was 59 and I'd like to call her a triple thinker, but Harrison/Bramson has that strict cutoff at 60 and above. That's their strict criteria, not mine. I'd like her input, actually.

ThatGirl

Ha! Ironic choice for an example. I think I should read the book, and watch. There is surprisingly little literature on the subject. Still, I think something is off yet it seems well put together. Idk.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Synthesist: 53
    Idealist: 37
    Pragmatist: 63
    Analyst: 55
    Realist: 62
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    All my scores are very close

Idealist - 70
    Pragmatist - 67
    Analyst - 67
    Synthesist - 65
    Realist - 65

SO how do I score this??
    You score it by retaking the test.

The maximum number of points, if you look at the test itself AND everyone else's scores, is 270.

Don't ask me how you got a total combined score of 334, but somehow you have an extra 64 points in there.

I think once you actually have a correct tally, you should find only one or two scores above 60, because the median score is 54. You can't have scores over 60 without other scores taking a hit of some sort.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You score it by retaking the test.

The maximum number of points, if you look at the test itself AND everyone else's scores, is 270.

Don't ask me how you got a total combined score of 334, but somehow you have an extra 64 points in there.

I think once you actually have a correct tally, you should find only one or two scores above 60, because the median score is 54. You can't have scores over 60 without other scores taking a hit of some sort.
    Yes!!! I realized what I did.. That's why I deleted my post.. I just didn't have time to retake it at that point.. Sometimes I just Skim things too much , like instructions.
    SO ended up assigning each point a value instead of ranking them.. I was thinking sliding scale when I should have been thinking rank from most likely to least likely..

I knew there was no way I was Flat line or even a tri-type..

SO now I am off to retake the test..

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Yes!!! I realized what I did.. That's why I deleted my post.. I just didn't have time to retake it at that point.. Sometimes I just Skim things too much , like instructions.
    for me, I hadn't realized it was a deleted post -- sorry!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft