• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

wow! I love the socionics test where you choose the photo of ur desert island person

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
(*Sorry for starting a new thread just to say 'wow.' 'Wow' is all I really wanted to say. I don't know where this thread should go!*)

Wow! I love the socionics test! I took this one, http://www.sociotype.com/tests/, the visual one, where you pick photographs of the person you need most on the desert island with you. I picked the serious-looking faces, usually.

I got SEI-1Fe
aka ISFp, The Mediator, and Sensing Ethical Introvert
http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=273

Other Possible Types
SEE (ESFp): 90% as likely as SEI
ESI (ISFj): 88% as likely as SEI
IEI (INFp): 84% as likely as SEI

I ***LOVED*** the photo-guessing test. That's the best test I ever took. I can tell right away by looking at people the type of person they are. I enjoy guessing whether I need them the most on the desert island. That was the most fun personality test I ever took. I could do that all day long. I wish THAT was the entire test. I would like to retake the test and do only that portion and not even do the part where you verbally answer questions. I want to do nothing but look at photos and decide who I need on the desert island. That was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I enjoyed this test very much as well. The picture thing is awesome as well, I agree!!

I know nothing of Socionics.. So I have no idea what these scores mean.. I have heard it's backwards to MBTI or that extroverted and introverted functions are reversed, or something like that.

Sociotype: EII-0
aka INFj, The Empath, , and Ethical Intuitive Introvert
Other Possible Types

1. IEE (ENFp): 86% as likely as EII
2. EIE (ENFj): 75% as likely as EII
3. IEI (INFp): 73% as likely as EII

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sociotype: LII-1Ne
aka INTj, The Analyst, , and Logical Intuitive Introvert
Other Possible Types

ILE (ENTp): 81% as likely as LII
LIE (ENTj): 74% as likely as LII
ILI (INTp): 71% as likely as LII

Brief Description of LII

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!
Sociotype Characteristics
Small Groups First Tier Dichotomies

Quadra: Alpha
Club: Researcher
Temperament: IJ
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor

Introverted
Intuitive
Logical (Thinking)
Rational (Judging)

Well, it seemed like a reasonably complete test, but it didn't give me any new insight into myself. It gave me LII, the same result I always get on Socionics tests.

I think the reason this happens is because I relate to MBTI's description of the feeling function, but not to the Socionic description of Ethical types. Thus, I become an LII in Socionics. I think that this reflects my manner of processing information rather than my manner of making decisions or relating to people, though.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for the test, Retmeishka. I rushed through the photo set pretty fast.

Other Possible Types
1. EII (INFj): 95% as likely as IEI
2. EIE (ENFj): 94% as likely as IEI
3. ESI (ISFj): 67% as likely as IEI

Brief Description of IEI
Using introverted intuition as her base function and extroverted feeling as his creative, the IEI lives in a world of vivid imagery and imagination. Like the SEI, the IEI is a very creative type and is often seen channelling this creativity towards artistic pursuits such as music. However the two types' creativities diverge with the SEI's creativities channeled towards more tangible creations and the IEI's channeled towards more intangible creations--e.g., the creation of imaginary worlds or stories. The IEI is acutely attuned to the effect these creations can have on people's emotional state, and it is not uncommon for these creations to have a strong emotional impact on people. At her best, the IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends--particularly those involving human interaction. At her worst, the IEI can become lost in her imagination and lackadaisical. Overall, the IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around her, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits.

Small Groups
* Quadra: Beta
* Club: Humanitarian
* Temperament: IP
* Romance Styles:
1. Primary: Victim
2. Secondary: Caregiver

First Tier Dichotomies
* Introverted
* Intuitive
* Ethical (Feeling)
* Irrational (Perceiving)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sociotype: EII-0
aka INFj, The Empath, and Ethical Intuitive Introvert

Other Possible Types

1. EIE (ENFj): 79% as likely as EII
2. IEI (INFp): 66% as likely as EII
3. ESI (ISFj): 63% as likely as EII

Small Groups

* Quadra: Delta
* Temperament: IJ
* Romance Styles:
1. Primary: Infantile
2. Secondary: Aggressor

First Tier Dichotomies
* Introverted
* Intuitive
* Ethical (Feeling)
* Rational (Judging)
----
Interesting results.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
curious. i actually don't like the pictures... don't like having to choose between people, lol. i felt like i was being mean :doh:

interesting test though, thanks for posting! :yes:

i tied 100% between IEE and IEI

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I usually get this on socionics tests... a lot to do with my e5 sp aspect, I think.

Sociotype: ILI-3Ni
aka INTp, The Critic, , and Intuitive Logical Introvert
Other Possible Types
1.LIE (ENTj): 92% as likely as ILI
2.LII (INTj): 91% as likely as ILI
3.IEI (INFp): 82% as likely as ILI

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sociotype: IEI-3Ni
aka INFp, The Romantic, and Intuitive Ethical Introvert
Other Possible Types
1.ILI (INTp): 92% as likely as IEI
2.EII (INFj): 86% as likely as IEI
3.EIE (ENFj): 85% as likely as IEI

Thanks for this. I don't think I'd ever taken a Socionics test before. How were they judging/what were they using as a basis for choices on the picture portion/what does that even mean? Are there any explanations for that anywhere that you know of? (Sorry if this is obvious - I don't know much of anything about Socionics.)

KDude

I already typed myself a EII Ne subtype in Socionics (I apparently "VI" like one too, according to people more into that). The photo section was interesting.. I'm not sure what it was testing exactly, but I thought it could have possibly thrown everything off. But nope.. INFj.

Sociotype: EII-2Ne

aka INFj, The Empath, , and Ethical Intuitive Introvert

Quadra: Delta
Club: Humanitarian
Temperament: IJ
Romance Styles:
Primary: Infantile
Secondary: Aggressor
Introverted
Intuitive
Ethical (Feeling)
Rational (Judging)

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=303

Brief Description of IEE

Using extroverted intuition as his base function and introverted feeling as his creative, the IEE is adept at generating new possibilities, particularly those that relate to human interaction. Like the ILE, the IEE absorbs and comprehends new concepts with amazing speed. However it should be noted that the IEE relies on his personal observations as a foundation for his conceptual understanding; he bases all his theoretical frameworks on what he has observerd in the real world. If the IEE cannot relate a hypothesis to something he has personally observed, it is more difficult for him to conceptualize or believe in it. The IEE uses his creative function to understand the intricacies of relationships and human interaction. At his best, the IEE has deep and profound insight into the nature of human behavior and their relationships; at his worst, the IEE's propensity for generating possibilities can leave him adrift in an idealized world with little motivation to actually accomplish goals or complete projects. Furthermore, although the IEE understands abstract concepts quite readily, he sometimes glosses over the logical framework of a hypothesis or theory. Learn more about the IEE here!
Small Groups First Tier Dichotomies

* Quadra: Delta
* Temperament: EP
* Romance Styles:
1. Primary: Infantile
2. Secondary: Aggressor

* Extroverted
* Intuitive
* Ethical (Feeling)
* Irrational (Perceiving)

wolfy

awsm
Fun test. I got...

ESFp, The Diplomat, , and Sensing Ethical Extrovert
Other Possible Types

1. SEI (ISFp): 94% as likely as SEE
2. ESI (ISFj): 86% as likely as SEE
3. ESE (ESFj): 70% as likely as SEE

When I read the descriptions SEI fits better.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
didn't like the pictures either! some people looked like more fun to hang out with and some seemed more fun/interesting to talk too...i know for some that would be the same but...i don't think it always is...for me. :/ and it would depend on my mood or where i was maybe...anyway whatever...that part was hard.

Sociotype: IEE-1Fi
aka ENFp, The Psychologist, , and Intuitive Ethical Extrovert
Other Possible Types

1. IEI (INFp): 95% as likely as IEE
2. EIE (ENFj): 90% as likely as IEE
3. EII (INFj): 78% as likely as IEE

S

Sniffles

Sociotype: IEI-0
aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert

Other Possible Types
1.EII (INFj): 97% as likely as IEI
2.EIE (ENFj): 93% as likely as IEI
3.ESI (ISFj): 75% as likely as IEI

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sociotype: IEI-0
aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert

Other Possible Types
1.EII (INFj): 97% as likely as IEI
2.EIE (ENFj): 93% as likely as IEI
3.ESI (ISFj): 75% as likely as IEI

so...is the j and p flipped in socionics or not? i've heard both...but i'm confused because the description seems to be very similar to the infj or infp in mbti...do you know?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nevermind...i decided it was flipped.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
LII-1Ne
aka INTj, The Analyst, , and Logical Intuitive Introvert
Other Possible Types
ILE (ENTp): 91% as likely as LII
ILI (INTp): 79% as likely as LII
IEI (INFp): 67% as likely as LII

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
so...is the j and p flipped in socionics or not? i've heard both...but i'm confused because the description seems to be very similar to the infj or infp in mbti...do you know?
Here you go! No, it's not simply flipped.

That's not entirely accurate. Socionic functions don't correspond exactly to MBTI functions, so there is no 1:1 type conversion, an independent test in the socionic style is necessary. What you described is a common misconception about type conversion.

Oh, and they don't officially use the same letters. They use designations like LII, EII, ILI, EIE. (Which are shorthand for things Logical-Intuitive Introtim, Ethical-Sensing Introtim, and Intuitive-Logical Extrotim.) Note that the last letter always represents the attitude of the dominant function, Introverted or Extraverted. The other two can be in any order. They correspond to these letters:

I=Intuitive
L=Logical
E=Ethical
S=Sensing

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks...so what you're saying is that it's just a different system and not to try and translate it in mbti terms? makes the most sense to me.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
didn't like the pictures either! some people looked like more fun to hang out with and some seemed more fun/interesting to talk too...i know for some that would be the same but...i don't think it always is...for me. :/ and it would depend on my mood or where i was maybe...anyway whatever...that part was hard.

It took me a few tries to figure out what to look for in the pictures. I had to remember: I am alone on a desert island with that person. Only that one person. Our lives depend on being able to do all of the things we need to be able to do together. So I want someone who is able to do all the things that I'm not able to do very well. It was kind of based on reading about what the types look for in a relationship and why. They said you feel really good when you talk to a person who 'needs' your greatest strength because it is their greatest weakness - that's making a long story short - so I looked for people with facial expressions different from my own.

I felt guilty about the 'rejected' person in the other photo and apologized for having to leave them out. Yeah, some of them looked like people who would be good friends or fun to hang out with, I had that same feeling.