User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    MBTI Si and socionics Si is quite different if you look at the definitions.
    I'm screwing this up left right and centre! I was sure mbti included how you felt in your body. I thought only the idea of relating it to the past was different... but it doesn't look like it. I like the definition of Si in socionics.

I am sucking at comparisons. I know I like Si in socionics, that much for sure.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm screwing this up left right and centre! I was sure mbti included how you felt in your body. I thought only the idea of relating it to the past was different... but it doesn't look like it. I like the definition of Si in socionics.

I am sucking at comparisons. I know I like Si in socionics, that much for sure.
    The definition of Si in MBTI is very "j" like. The definition of Si in socionics is very "P" like. Si in socionics is about peace and harmony and new experiences while Si in mbti is about catering to old and past experiences being very "pessimistic" about new experiences. I think Socionics is much better indeed because it explains Si like a different form of "Se" "acquiring new experiences without being forceful" almost like being in a "zen" state or "high". I notice this alot with ISXPs and I think socionics has a good argument for ISXPs being si in the way they explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    The definition of Si in MBTI is very "j" like. The definition of Si in socionics is very "P" like. Si in socionics is about peace and harmony and new experiences while Si in mbti is about catering to old and past experiences being very "pessimistic" about new experiences. I think Socionics is much better indeed because it explains Si like a different form of "Se" "acquiring new experiences without being forceful" almost like being in a "zen" state or "high". I notice this alot with ISXPs and I think socionics has a good argument for ISXPs being si in the way they explain it.
    I agree.

Si sounds like Se for MBTI ISPs at least. As for Te, that seems to remain the same. That's what's weird for me. I'm not a systems or principal oriented type of Ti dom, described in Socionics and even Jung. I have a more empirical, situational view of things. I couldn't tell you the first thing about any system or idealized standards. My "systems", whatever the hell they were, changed yesterday. If something works, then it's good enough.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Si sounds like Se for MBTI ISPs at least. As for Te, that seems to remain the same. That's what's weird for me. I'm not a systems or principal oriented type of Ti dom, described in Socionics and even Jung. I have a more empirical, situational view of things. I couldn't tell you the first thing about any system or idealized standards. My "systems", whatever the hell they were, changed yesterday. If something works, then it's good enough.
    I think with socionics you really have to look at all 8 functions instead of 4 because it's not like Ti is abandoned for SLI it's just in a different position with a different "role". Same with Fi for ISFps and so forth.

That's true enough. In SLI's case, they can entertain Ti, but it bores them after awhile. Too layered in abstractions. For LSIs, Te is useful, but annoying if they're forced too much to break from a ruleset or way of doing things. They need consistency, to a worldview they've already marked as the "system" for them. In addition to that, Se pushes outwards. They direct it on others. It seems like there are a lot of jokes in socionics circles about LSIs being primitive assholes. Think of that Hell's Kitchen cook. Forgot his name. Probably LSI. Or Christian Bale's famous flipout on that crewman. Probably LSI too.

Si in SLIs doesn't really care to invade people's space so much. They break rules and might cause collateral damage though. It's not an intentional, "forcing your way on to others" mindset though.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Sociotype: IEI-1Ni
    aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert

Other Possible Types
    EII (INFj): 88% as likely as IEI
    IEE (ENFp): 84% as likely as IEI
    ILI (INTp): 79% as likely as IEI

Using introverted intuition as her base function and extroverted feeling as his creative, the IEI lives in a world of vivid imagery and imagination. Like the SEI, the IEI is a very creative type and is often seen channelling this creativity towards artistic pursuits such as music. However the two types' creativities diverge with the SEI's creativities channeled towards more tangible creations and the IEI's channeled towards more intangible creations--e.g., the creation of imaginary worlds or stories. The IEI is acutely attuned to the effect these creations can have on people's emotional state, and it is not uncommon for these creations to have a strong emotional impact on people. At her best, the IEI provides deep and meaningful insight into events and trends--particularly those involving human interaction. At her worst, the IEI can become lost in her imagination and lackadaisical. Overall, the IEI's depth of imagination and emotion often goes unidentified by those around her, and this is perpetuated by the IEI's disinterest in broadcasting these traits.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I like this description.

Extroverted logic..
    The SLI's objective and creative motive is to find materials,localities, spaces, and actions that will engage and move the senses and produce proper sensations within people. The SLI is essentially "a person's person". However, SLIs are only keen on people from a distance, because people are objects varying in quality of nature. (They do take great pleasure in manipulating people's situational and spatial perceptions.) SLIs do not prefer doing much complicated analysis (subdued ) and rather enjoy the process of synthesising things they sense. They understand their entire world by identifying what causes pleasant and unpleasant reactions. When identifying these, the SLI feels a sense of power because this allows them to adapt and use objects (and people) as he or she feels need.

Lately I feel I fit istp in socionics and isfp in mbti overall. The information elements in socionics fit best. The mbti isfp is more of an overall thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I like this description.Lately I feel I fit istp in socionics and isfp in mbti overall. The information elements in socionics fit best. The mbti isfp is more of an overall thing.
    You're not the first one. You've probably seen this chart before. It's just a sample, but there are a good number mbti isfps who end up typing SLI in socionics. Even funnier, more ISFPs type SLI than ISTJs, let alone ISTPs.

MBTI
    ENFP

this was a very interesting test! I don't know about the pictures, most of the time I didnt want to be with any of the two :P

But I did eventually pick one

Sociotype: IEI-0

aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert

Other Possible Types

IEE (ENFp): 98% as likely as IEI
    EIE (ENFj): 97% as likely as IEI
    EII (INFj): 71% as likely as IEI

It says it's only 30% of the actual test!