User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Insert MBTI definition comparison in the post below.
    Here is one. Thinking more It doesn't look different at the core. But there is something different in the focus on behaviour and how it is presented. Tell me more.

I'm trying to decide between SEI and SLI.

Te - Extraverted Thinking
    Adapted from Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi, Understanding Yourself and Others®: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code (Telos Publications, 2004) *Used with permission.

Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

Thinking about it some more, it is probably my focus on those two types that makes me think that. And kdude's comment about istj also. The way rationality and irrationality is built into socionics changes the system enough to make them two different types.

Did the test.

Sociotype: SLI-2Te
    aka ISTp, The Craftsman, , and Sensing Logical Introvert
    Other Possible Types

SEI (ISFp): 87% as likely as SLI
    LSE (ESTj): 79% as likely as SLI
    ESE (ESFj): 63% as likely as SLI

I'd say I was more likely Si as a subtype. I was sure I'd get SEI in this as I did it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am surprised. Wait, does this mean i am INFP in MBTI terms? If so then not so surprised.

Sociotype: EII-0

aka INFj, The Empath, , and Ethical Intuitive Introvert

Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 98% as likely as EII
    IEE (ENFp): 84% as likely as EII
    ILE (ENTp): 70% as likely as EII
    VI Component Results (worth 30% of test)--Still In Development

Quadra Distribution

Delta: 27%
    Gamma: 27%
    Beta: 27%
    Alpha: 20%
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Sociotype: IEI-0
    aka INFp, The Romantic, , and Intuitive Ethical Introvert
    Other Possible Types

EII (INFj): 96% as likely as IEI
    LII (INTj): 92% as likely as IEI
    ILE (ENTp): 72% as likely as IEI

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Here is one. Thinking more It doesn't look different at the core. But there is something different in the focus on behaviour and how it is presented. Tell me more.

I'm trying to decide between SEI and SLI.

Te - Extraverted Thinking
    Adapted from Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi, Understanding Yourself and Others®: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code (Telos Publications, 2004) *Used with permission.

Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.
    yeah but you have to understand in socionics Te is a creative function meaning it's suppose to be your toy or something you mess around with as oppose to who you are. Your primary is who you are si, the socionics definition of Si not the MBTI Si.

MBTI
    nerd

it gave me entp. wrong. wrong! get the fuck off my lawn! *locks door*

i didn't like having to choose between two people i hated equally. bro magnon #1 or bro magnon #2? popped collar or backwards baseball cap? protest!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/index.php?est_id=7544

Sociotype: LIE-1Te
    aka ENTj, The Entrepreneur, , and Logical Intuitive Extrovert
    Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 93% as likely as LIE
    ILE (ENTp): 85% as likely as LIE
    LSE (ESTj): 67% as likely as LIE

VI Component Results (worth 30% of test)--Still In Development
    Quadra Distribution

Alpha: 32%
    Gamma: 26%
    Delta: 26%
    Beta: 15%

Sociotype Characteristics
    Small Groups

Quadra: Gamma
    Club: Researcher
    Temperament: EJ
    Romance Styles:
    Primary: Victim
    Secondary: Caregiver

First Tier Dichotomies

Extroverted
    Intuitive
    Logical (Thinking)
    Rational (Judging
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    yeah but you have to understand in socionics Te is a creative function meaning it's suppose to be your toy or something you mess around with as oppose to who you are. Your primary is who you are si, the socionics definition of Si not the MBTI Si.
    Yeah, when you look at the functions alone they look similar. It is the model that changes things a lot in socionics. That makes istp and isfp similar across the systems. The definition of Si is pretty similar in both, it is how Si defines your outlook on life that changes within each system.

I can't figure out if Te or Fe is my favourite toy.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, when you look at the functions alone they look similar. It is the model that changes things a lot in socionics. That makes istp and isfp similar across the systems. The definition of Si is pretty similar in both, it is how Si defines your outlook on life that changes within each system.

I can't figure out if Te or Fe is my favourite toy.
    MBTI Si and socionics Si is quite different if you look at the definitions.