• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heroic Myth Index

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find the best method of finding out more about the archetypes is to go onto amazon.com and to look up all her books (author: Carol S. Pearson) and then look at the excerpts from the book. You will find that even though you can only view a certain amount of pages in a row you can re-search things in the search engine and just start from the next page. Nifty. ;)

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
The Sage

The Sage is a seeker after truth and enlightenment and journey far in search of the next golden nugget of knowledge.

The danger for the Sage and their deep fear is that their hard-won wisdom is built on the sand of falsehood. Their best hope is that they play from a position of objective honesty and learn to see with a clarity that knows truth and untruth.

This is just like me, especially about my greatest fear. I don't want to just think what I believe is true, but I want to know that it is.

Thanks for the links. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find the best method of finding out more about the archetypes is to go onto amazon.com and to look up all her books (author: Carol S. Pearson) and then look at the excerpts from the book. You will find that even though you can only view a certain amount of pages in a row you can re-search things in the search engine and just start from the next page. Nifty. ;)

Wouldn't it be easier (and more fair to the author/publisher) to just buy the book?

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have bought them... after thoroughly investigating their content to make sure it was something I could be interested in.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Magician

Magicians create new realities, transform old ones, serve as catalysts for change, and "name" and thereby create reality. At worst, their efforts can be "evil sorcery." At best, they discover empowering, win/win solutions.

Magician - 24
Sage - 22
Ruler - 20
Seeker - 20
Warrior - 20
Caregiver - 19
Lover - 18
Innocent - 18
Fool - 17
Destroyer - 16
Orphan - 15
Creator - 15

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmm... interesting. I got creator not sage. After reading some more on it though I think it makes sense for me even though I originally thought I would have been the sage.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Warrior

The Warrior defeats the villain and rescues the victim. Warriors are courageous and disciplined, imposing high standards on themselves. At worst, they run roughshod over others. At best, they assert themselves appropriately to make the world a better place.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

Creator - 30
Lover - 29
Sage - 28
Magician - 28
Innocent - 24
Caregiver - 21
Fool - 17
Seeker - 14
Ruler - 12
Warrior - 12
Orphan - 11
Destroyer - 8

cheers,
Ian

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Orphan

The Orphan has the same wish as the innocent--to live in a safe world--but the Orphan feels betrayed and abandoned. At the lowest level, the Orphan is a confirmed victim and cynic. At a higher level, the Orphan reminds us of his or her vulnerability and interdependence.

Was undecided on some questions. This site has lots of descriptions, seems to be along the same concepts sort of.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Warrior

The Warrior defeats the villain and rescues the victim. Warriors are courageous and disciplined, imposing high standards on themselves. At worst, they run roughshod over others. At best, they assert themselves appropriately to make the world a better place.

Last thing I thought I'd be.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Destroyer

Makes sense.

The Destroyer is said to be at work when "we are going about our ordinary life and suddenly the actions are the same, but the meaning is gone. Everything is suddenly hollow inside." This hollowness wounds us, but also creates an opening that allows us to experience new realities. Take not that she mentions that even when we use our inner Destroyer for positive things (like breaking off a bad relationship) we are bound to feel guilty.

Frighteningly insightful.

The Destroyer destroys the "safety" of our lives, which some see as bad. However it is actually from this destruction that we have the potential to begin anew as Creators of a new life for ourselves; one that is more true to ourselves and thus more satisfying. Destroyers are focused on death, Creators on life/second chances.

Again, frighteningly insightful. :shock:

Although I've always felt very accepting of death. Perhaps it's simply concession out of fear.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

The Sage is a seeker after truth and enlightenment and journeys far in search of the next golden nugget of knowledge.

The danger for the sage and their deep fear is that their hard-won wisdom is built on the sand of falsehood. Their best hope is that they play from a position of objective honesty and learn to see with a clarity that knows truth and untruth.

gotbeef

Permabanned
The Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator® (PMAI™)

Much of the world knows the work of Carl Jung on psychological type through the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument. Jung's other great contribution to human understanding is the concept of the archetype — the shared myths, themes, images, characters, patterns, and symbols present in our lives and our culture. The PMAI™, or Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator®, the world's first scientifically validated archetype assessment tool, does for archetypes what the MBTI® instrument does for psychological type. The PMAI and its accompanying guidebook Introduction to Archetypes open a window into unconscious archetypes and a path to self-understanding. The assessment is available online, in paper form, or as part of the book "What Story Are You Living?," a deeper exploration of the positive use of archetypes in our lives.

601431za6.gif

Self-discovery and growth using the PMAI. Created by Carol Pearson, Ph.D., and Hugh Marr, Ph.D., the PMAI measures the influence of twelve of the most common archetypal patterns in our lives. Once aware of their influence, we can consciously decide which archetypes to use, when to use them, and which to develop. By better understanding the themes in our lives, we can consciously write our own life story to be the best it can be and reach new heights of satisfaction in our relationships and careers. Take the PMAI online. Here it is a PMAI™ Sample Report