• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heroic Myth Index

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Fool

The Fool finds freedom through unconventionality and a capacity to enjoy every moment. The Fool lightens us up, finds clever, innovative, and fun ways around obstacles--intellectual or physical. At worst, Fools are irresponsible. At best, Fools live lives of joy because they live fully every moment.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Fool finds freedom through unconventionality and a capacity to enjoy every moment. The Fool lightens us up, finds clever, innovative, and fun ways around obstacles--intellectual or physical. At worst, Fools are irresponsible. At best, Fools live lives of joy because they live fully every moment.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
That is quite interesting... First time I've heard of it. Thanks wede ^^

I got creator.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
That is quite interesting... First time I've heard of it. Thanks wede ^^

I got creator.

No problem! The brief definitions they give on the website (and that everyone is posting) are just scratching the surface. It's like using this definition for INFJ:

"According to Myers-Briggs, INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others."

This definition 1) Doesn't go into the 8 cognitive functions theory 2) Doesn't describe the differences between the dichotomies 3) Doesn't go into any part of the theory at all 4) is Something that should be taken at face value.

I just thought it was important to point out that there is an actual theory behind it all and in-depth descriptions. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fool

:rofl1: the title sounds so NEGATIVE! :yim_rolling_on_the_

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Warrior.

The Warrior defeats the villain and rescues the victim. Warriors are courageous and disciplined, imposing high standards on themselves. At worst, they run roughshod over others. At best, they assert themselves appropriately to make the world a better place.

Edit:
the title sounds so NEGATIVE!
Shut down, foo.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fool

:rofl1: the title sounds so NEGATIVE! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Yeah, I also think they mean like a jester. Obviously it's just a type, neither positive nor negative.

I also wanted to get any ideas of negativity out of the way before saying that I totally expected you to get that result. :D

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Wedekit, if you have the book could you describe what this Destroyer thingie is? I tried searching for it and I didn't find anything more than what was in your links. Thanks! :)

What I liked about this is that I didn't get the typical results I always which makes me curious.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I also think they mean like a jester. Obviously it's just a type, neither positive nor negative.

I also wanted to get any ideas of negativity out of the way before saying that I totally expected you to get that result. :D

:laugh: no insult taken! (and assuming you got the opposite result ;) )

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: no insult taken! (and assuming you got the opposite result ;) )

Hmmm. The creator's description doesn't precisely seem like an opposite to yours. It cuold be, but it's a matter of inerpretation. Like, knowing that I'm a type One adds a lot of detail to being a so-called creator.

But I just noticed this: You're a SCUEN? The closest thing I come to is a RLOAI. That makes us opposites according to that test as well! :happy2:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wedekit, if you have the book could you describe what this Destroyer thingie is? I tried searching for it and I didn't find anything more than what was in your links. Thanks! :)

What I liked about this is that I didn't get the typical results I always which makes me curious.

Well, since the definition is very lengthy I am going to try and summarize it without having read it in its entirety:

Destroyer
Quest: Metamorphosis; Growth
Fear: Stagnation or Annihilation; death without rebirth.
Response to "Dragon" (Problem): Be destroyed by it or destroy
Task: To let go; turn it over; accept mortality.
Virtue: Humility, acceptance

The Destroyer is related to our soul (versus being part of the ego or persona). It seems The Destroyer is very related to the "shadow" (Jung) that lies within all of us, as well as the Thanatos. Having a high score in The Destroyer seems to suggest you would have a lot of inner conflict having to do with your own mortality. The Destroyer's "addictive quality" would be self-destruction, which leads to suicide and self-destruction in unhealthy people. Being unhealthy as a Destroyer can also lead to being an abusive or violent person towards others.

The Destroyer becomes our ally when we recognize the need for a change within our lives, or giving up something without denying the pain or grief involved. Essentially the Destroyer within us is not brought out through conscious effort. It can be "initiated" (which should emphasize the Destroyer choosing us) by things such as the loss of a loved one; or the idea that everything you have worked on has come to nothing. In this sense, the "Shadow Destroyer" (each archetype has a shadow) is an attacker of the soul and it does so to aid the ego, which is turmoiled by the idea that one day we all must die. The Destroyer simply appears and destroys some important part of our life; however notice that I never said this was a bad thing. Though there is pain and grief to be had by this destruction, it also opens a path for a change, or metamorphosis. Mystics took the idea of destruction as a way for the sacred, and they never go back to anything resembling their former life. Think of something like AIDS. If you contracted it, you would feel like your own body was turning against you; like your own body was accepting death. This would cause you to realize that death is essentially a part your Self, and it is a powerful experience of the Shadow.

The Destroyer is said to be at work when "we are going about our ordinary life and suddenly the actions are the same, but the meaning is gone. Everything is suddenly hollow inside." This hollowness wounds us, but also creates an opening that allows us to experience new realities. Take not that she mentions that even when we use our inner Destroyer for positive things (like breaking off a bad relationship) we are bound to feel guilty.

Anyways, just thought I should say that even though some of the stuff in there seems dominantly negative, it is not. Here is the Levels of the Destroyer, which should shed some light on that:

Shadow - Self-destructiveness and or destruction of others.
Call (what "summons" it) - Experience of pain, suffering, tragedy, or loss.
Level 1 - Confusion, grappling with meaning of death, loss, and pain.
Level 2 - Acceptance of mortality, loss, and relative powerlessness.
Level 3 - Ability to choose to let go of anything that no longer supposrts your values, life, and growth, or that of others.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
No problem! The brief definitions they give on the website (and that everyone is posting) are just scratching the surface. It's like using this definition for INFJ:

"According to Myers-Briggs, INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others."

This definition 1) Doesn't go into the 8 cognitive functions theory 2) Doesn't describe the differences between the dichotomies 3) Doesn't go into any part of the theory at all 4) is Something that should be taken at face value.

I just thought it was important to point out that there is an actual theory behind it all and in-depth descriptions. ;)

*nods* but even the brief descriptions brings about ideas in my mind.

For example destroyer vs creator... just going by the terms it seems like they should be the opposite. But they're not. The destroyer drives change, the creator wants self-acceptance. To accept ourselves is to change. So the creator in a struggle to believe himself will act like a destroyer.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
*nods* but even the brief descriptions brings about ideas in my mind.

For example destroyer vs creator... just going by the terms it seems like they should be the opposite. But they're not. The destroyer drives change, the creator wants self-acceptance. To accept ourselves is to change. So the creator in a struggle to believe himself will act like a destroyer.

I think this more accurately describes the relation:

The Destroyer destroys the "safety" of our lives, which some see as bad. However it is actually from this destruction that we have the potential to begin anew as Creators of a new life for ourselves; one that is more true to ourselves and thus more satisfying. Destroyers are focused on death, Creators on life/second chances.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Orphan

The Orphan has the same wish as the innocent--to live in a safe world--but the Orphan feels betrayed and abandoned. At the lowest level, the Orphan is a confirmed victim and cynic. At a higher level, the Orphan reminds us of his or her vulnerability and interdependence.

I took the test a second time, trying to be slighltly less cynical (my current mood is probably affecting results)...

Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

Taking it a third time now to see if I get yet another result, or something consistant with one of the above...

Caregiver

Caregivers take care of others even when doing so requires sacrifice. They give to make the world a better place for others. At worst, the Caregiver's sacrifice is maiming or manipulative. At best, the Caregiver's giving is compassionate, genuine, and of great help to others.

All of those results make sense to some degree...
I'm now going through the source code and looking at the answers I gave to the last batch to see how the numbers might add up...

(view source on the page to see how each question is scored)
There are 6 questions for each type.
An average score would be 18 (if 3 was selected for all its choices)
If a score is tied, it will give you whichever result is alphabetically first.

caregiver - 22
orphan - 22
creator - 21
destroyer - 20
fool - 19
lover - 19
sage - 19
innocent - 18
seeker - 18
warrior - 17
magician - 15
ruler - 15

zarita

Fool

Where can I find a more detaliate description?

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

Fun... thanks.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.