• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypochondria test

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/hypochondria_test.html

My results: Very high :laugh:

Well I already knew that...but I was wondering how other people will score.

If you scored high I have a question:

Do you have parents with anxiety? Did your parents worry about your health when you were little and take you to doctors for no rational reason?
My mother used to get soooooooooo worried about my health, and now I worry about my health. Quite ridiculous.
I wonder if they're related.

Last edited:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I took the test didn't I? Can't pass any sort of physical or mental health-related test without taking it. :laugh:

High, of course. :tongue:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would think mine would be low, since my relatives have hypochondria to the point where it is debilitating to them, but I do consider myself to be a hypochondriac.

Your Hypochondria Rating: High
Your rating suggests that you are likely a hypochondriac. You are plagued by fears about your body's well-being, and this causes much undue anxiety. You would do well to seek professional diagnosis and treatment, so that you can overcome this psychological condition and live a much happier life.

Yeah, no doubt. I know I am lol.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Your Hypochondria Rating: Very Low

Your rating indicates that hypochondria is not even on your radar. Far from being a hypochondriac, you almost never worry about your health or suffer the anxiety that defines this disorder.

I'm not surprised. I don't see my doctor unless I feel like dying.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your Hypochondria Rating: Low
It is unlikely that you are a hypochondriac. You may occassionally fret over your health, but this is not abnormal. Health fears do not dominate your day and cause unnecessary anxiety, and your outlook in this area appears well within the normal range.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Haha...interesting.

I got "high", which doesn't surprise me. I've long suspected it, but I'm pretty good at hiding it. :p

I dated an INTJ guy and I confided in him that I thought I was a hypochondriac. He said that he felt like the antithesis of a hypochondriac and that it could actually be a problem because when he had a serious health problem, he'd never notice.

Looks like there's a pattern here!

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ne by definition has hypochondria as side effects. Although this isn't supported by empirical data.

It's the conflict between Ne and Si. In MBTI terms.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you have parents with anxiety? Did your parents worry about your health when you were little and take you to doctors for no rational reason?
This was my case... I wonder if they're related.

My parents were polar opposites in that regard. Mom was the "Walk it off; you're fine!" or "A 'belly ache' is no reason to stay home from school. It's either I see barf, blood or bones, or it's off to school with you!" And over the years, I've learned not to tell my father ANYTHING or his only response will be, "Call the doctor!1!11!!" D: D:

"Dad, do we have any antacids?"
"Call the doctor. You might have an ulcer like I did."
"No, dad. I just ate a burrito." :dont:
Once, he actually told me he wasn't going to talk to me again until I made an appointment. :doh:

But then again, I don't think I really count. I actually do have health issues. I ignored them for a while (like my mom would) but then it got bad enough that I wanted to call the doctor, and ever since, I've been [too] worried about my health (like my dad.) :shrug:

So, erm ... make of that what you will? :laugh:

OH! But weirdly enough, the way each of my parents dealt with MY health was totally opposite to how they each deal with their OWN. Dad could chop his finger off with a knife and "it's just a scratch" or mom could have a headache and she thinks she must have brain cancer.

This is weird. I've never thought about it before. :shock:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I also have health issues, real health issues. And a ton of imaginary health issues.

My mom made me take a 2 or 3 year treatment for my immune system when I was a kid, everyday pills, and an stupid injection. And other stuff like that.

I think it's hereditary...gee.. I don't wanna do that to my kids.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sorry. :(

I don't know how you dealt with your parent fretting over your health as a kid (but you did say "stupid" injection, so I'm guessing you probably didn't like that too much ...) whether or not it was warranted, but maybe because you resisted that, at least mentally, now that you see that yes, it is possible, and true that you do have something wrong, makes you sort of overcompensate for all the time you mentally rejected that notion when you were young - sending Ne into hyperdrive, Ti wanting to figure this out, and where "your body" hasn't been a main focus (presumably,) or isn't where your attention is, usually, the smallest thing that you DO happen to notice being enough to draw your attention to your body and away from Ne land, you assume it must be bad, and that inferior Si (maybe a bit of shadow Fi?) contributes to your lacking a reliable baseline of "how you normally have been throughout your life" to compare this current situation to - skewing your perceptions/blowing the whole thing out of proportion ... ?

That was one longass sentence. *gasps for air*

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/hypochondria_test.html
My mother used to get soooooooooo worried about my health, and now I worry about my health. Quite ridiculous.
I wonder if they're related.
Hmmm...neither of my parents really thought much about my health until I came to them sick as a dog, which was, I believe, a healthy response. I had a number of ailments in my youth including meningitis, which was super scary. And now I have a chronic autoimmune disease, which might be with me for the rest of my life. So maybe my hypochondriac tendencies come from the fact that I've historically had big reasons to worry about my health, so I automatically jump to the worst case scenario for any little thing. And perhaps because my parents didn't look for these things in me and waited for me to come to them, I felt like "well, if I don't notice, then no one will until I wind up dead." :laugh:

But yeah, I don't let on to anyone else that I'm as obsessed over my health as I am. I'm generally embarrassed to admit that I have this problem. :ninja:

I also have health issues, real health issues. And a ton of imaginary health issues.
Haha...yes. And the problem is, my very real health issues make my imaginary health issues more morbid. It's irritating, but I'm teaching myself strategies for avoiding health anxiety. It just requires a certain amount of energy and conscientiousness to implement. But it sure is better than the alternative!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Also!

I have this problem where I don't know when my body is telling me to stop, so I end up pushing myself physically farther than I should and, by that point, I've done more damage than if I'd just stopped at a reasonable point. So when I finally slow down and pay attention to my body it's like "WTF where did that come from?!" and I'll end up obsessing over it (and it'll turn out to be something simple like fatigue or stress).

Stress is a weird thing for me, because I don't often feel stressed, even if my body is showing signs of stress. So I'm this weird mix of super-crazy health consciousness and completely-oblivious health ignorance.

So maybe my being a hypochondriac come from that fact. I just don't know how to do "moderation" when it comes to my health. :shrug:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mine is Moderate, but from the time I was a young child until I was about 20, it would have been Very High. I used to worry all the time that I had cancer or AIDS, and have panic attacks a lot. Now I take Zoloft daily (low dose) and only think I have a disease when something really odd is happening. For example, last year that I had a constant lump in my throat for like 2 weeks... I'd gone off my Zoloft for awhile and my regular doctor was on maternity leave, so I saw another doctor who didn't know my history of hypochondria and ordered a couple of scary tests.... which only made me worry more, of course, until I got the results: globus.

As for my family history, my mother suffered from OCD for awhile, but she no longer has to take medication for it. I think my grandma probably had anxiety disorder, like me, but was never diagnosed. I'm glad I live in the day and age where such conditions are diagnosable and treatable... living 20 years with untreated anxiety disorder was bad enough; I can't imagine living my whole life like that.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well hypochondria is linked to OCD. Obsessive- irrational health worries Compulsion- checking, going to doctors.

It has the same algorithm :laugh:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Hypochondria Rating: Moderate
Your rating suggests the possibility of hypochondria, but it is not a clear case. You clearly have some anxiety over your health and well-being. If your health concerns are disrupting your daily activities, you may want to speak to a professional. However, managing your stress and altering your lifestyle may be enough to hold the anxiety at bay.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Your Hypochondria Rating: Moderate

It is unlikely that you are a hypochondriac. You may occassionally fret over your health, but this is not abnormal. Health fears do not dominate your day and cause unnecessary anxiety, and your outlook in this area appears well within the normal range.

Heh, I think I scored a few because I DO have a troublesome health condition. But if I believe I have a health problem that means....! But yet my low score proves that....! Oh, whatever, I'll live, I think... ;)