User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

low - i'm actually surprised i did not score higher. parents are slightly overprotective, but dad is logical and skeptical. generally i've had enough medical issues that generally i have a decent read on when something needs serious attention and when it does not.

i do occasionally worry about what chronic, fatal things i may have contracted unbeknownst to me. wouldn't that suck

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory
    Haha...yes. And the problem is, my very real health issues make my imaginary health issues more morbid.
    me too. i worry about the little sneaky untreatable things.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Guesswho, I have some hypochondriac tendencies.. and I do think it correlates somewhat to Ne. Years ago before I knew anything about mbti, I was explaining to a friend some of my thought processes. Something I explained is that I've always made very quick connections to patterns, and I felt like this was *part* of the reason I would get so worked up about symptoms. I wouldn't look at the scenario specifically without linking every symptom to this disease or that disease. Could make for an amazing doctor, but a terrible patient.

Maybe it is a conflict between Ne & Si. Have you found data specifically disproving this idea? Sure, every hypochondriac might not be an ENFP/ENTP.. but I am curious how many Ne's have had these concerns.

I have also found that my own personal "health conscious" nature subsides when I get caught up with other things. Suddenly that red spot or tooth ache goes un noticed. I've also relieved myself of many of this compulsive thoughts by developing a stronger spiritual base. Not for everyone to be sure, but helped me.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Your Hypochondria Rating: Moderate
    Your rating suggests the possibility of hypochondria, but it is not a clear case. You clearly have some anxiety over your health and well-being. If your health concerns are disrupting your daily activities, you may want to speak to a professional. However, managing your stress and altering your lifestyle may be enough to hold the anxiety at bay.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Maybe it is a conflict between Ne & Si. Have you found data specifically disproving this idea? Sure, every hypochondriac might not be an ENFP/ENTP.. but I am curious how many Ne's have had these concerns.
    Well, that's what Yung said about hypochondria, Si trying to get back at Ne.
    But you don't have to be a psychologist to know that...I mean...hypochondria is because of ridiculously high IMAGINATION.

And not only imagination, correlations, patterns that are interpreted wrongly by your mind.

It is also of a obsessive compulsive nature, so if you have OCD you might also get this.

Hypochondria is in the realm of obsession...I don't know if it has that much to do with Ne, because you don't think once you'll die of some horrible disease, it just pops in your head, repeatedly...pretty much like OCD.

..The realm of the irrational is a major pain in the ass no matter how rational you are.

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    The realm of the irrational is a major pain in the ass no matter how rational you are.
    Yes. >:-( Yes it is.

MBTI
    yupp

Your Hypochondria Rating: Moderate
    Your rating suggests the possibility of hypochondria, but it is not a clear case. You clearly have some anxiety over your health and well-being. If your health concerns are disrupting your daily activities, you may want to speak to a professional. However, managing your stress and altering your lifestyle may be enough to hold the anxiety at bay.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Ne by definition has hypochondria as side effects. Although this isn't supported by empirical data.

It's the conflict between Ne and Si. In MBTI terms.
    yeah this is what i'm thinkin too...but i didn't bother taking it because i'm not having anxiety issues at all lately but when i am...i do worry about this sort of stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Well, that's what Yung said about hypochondria, Si trying to get back at Ne.
    But you don't have to be a psychologist to know that...I mean...hypochondria is because of ridiculously high IMAGINATION.

And not only imagination, correlations, patterns that are interpreted wrongly by your mind.

It is also of a obsessive compulsive nature, so if you have OCD you might also get this.

Hypochondria is in the realm of obsession...I don't know if it has that much to do with Ne, because you don't think once you'll die of some horrible disease, it just pops in your head, repeatedly...pretty much like OCD.

..The realm of the irrational is a major pain in the ass no matter how rational you are.
    Yes, but I'm sure there are many highly imaginitive people without it. I've always thought that hypochondria is connected more so to an underlying subconscious problem (emotional) that the mind can't seem to work out. Something is wrong.
    The subcon knows its wrong, but is unprepared to correct it from either not knowing how, or not wanting to. The more you push the unresolved issue down, the more your mind transfers the problem into psychosematic symptoms. I would think that a high Ne would then connect these "symptoms" and a low Si, exagerate or distort them?

I realize I'm not being very succinct here. But I think you know where I'm going with this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

I scored Moderate.
    I have a (diagnosed) chronic illness so me taking that was pretty pointless. Most of my friends consider me a hypochondriac, because I'm always complaining about being ill. I'm pretty sure it's not hypochondria if you're actually ill though...

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I'd like to add that hypochondria gets thrown around very easily, and shouldn't be. Before diagnosing someone as such, a FULL medical workup & evaluation should be done. There have been some cases, though few and far between, when a person has complained of randon ailments to the point that medical workers wrote them off, only to find years later that the person did infact have a disease.

Personally, I'm not sure what to trust more. A grossly ineffective healthcare system, or an Ne Si conflict. Bet they hold about equal empirical data =P